Art: old useless graphic design

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts

old useless graphic design

I redesigned a whole forum for a mod last year. Unfortunately it was not enough to attract a complete team. I did this all over a weekend and there is much much more I'm not showing too.

Attached Images Attached Images              
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    this was the last piece I did for that project. Too bad it didn't work out. This mod would have been dope. It was a steam punk WW1 game.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 543 Posts
    Hello Raoul.
    First of all don't get beat down by a mod not working. I think i've worked on 4 mods over the past years, ranging from Half Life, Unreal Tournament and Red Alert mods. So it's a pretty shifty area.

Second of all, i love what you did around here. I do have a few suggestions though.

The firs image looks very nice but i think the overburnt paper texture is a bit too strong for it. What it does is actually rival with your drawing. When the subject of the drawing and the drawing support itself rival, you can lose the viewer's attention. It's always in your best interest to direct the viewer's eyes towards the area you want him to see. Color usage, surfaces, textures, lines, they can all direct a viewer. Here, i feel the viewer is directed towards the texture rather than the character.

The No Man's Land logotype is neat and works great for a game. Well done there. It's flavorful, easy to read and has just the right dosage of awesomeness.

Overall, great work here, Raoul. I must add, as a personal note that the limited usage of white in these images could have improved visibility and contrast. Some white on the soldier's helmet for this last image for instance, would've made him stand out some more.

Thanks for posting in the Graphic Design area mate, can't wait to see more.
    Cheers!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sickbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I like the look.

I might have tried a different typeface for the "To learn more visit us at" because the thin parts get lost in the textured background, making it a little hard to read. (Especially the "L" in learn) Although I imagine if you changed the texture, like Sickbrush mentioned, that may not be an issue.

Thanks
    thank you guys. I should have realized the paper texture was overpowering.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.