Newbie Photoshop Questions - Guru Yoda's needed!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Newbie Photoshop Questions - Guru Yoda's needed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wasp Newbie Photoshop Questions - Guru Yoda's needed!

Hey everyone,

So about 4 months ago I got a wacom tablet. I love the tablet now that I have more of a hang of how to use it (it was difficult for me to look at the screen and not the tablet for a long time). So now I'm trying to draw in photoshop.

It's not intuitive to me. I've used it passingly for many years but now that I want to render at least semi photo realistic drawings in photoshop I sit there and look at the screen and it's one of those "ok where do I start" moments.

I guess I'm curious how others do it. Do you start off with a linedrawing and build up in greyscale and then add colour after? Or do you start in colours to begin with? What type of brushes does everyone use?

When I was speaking with someone they told me an apple I did (I'll post both below as reference) was using no set colour pallete. Is there a way to choose a pallet in photoshop? I'm pretty newbie with it and I guess that's the problem. So yes, any links to other sites or responses from others would be more than appreciated. I'd like to get passed this overwhelmed newb stage so I can practice and practice some more.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, what really unlocked my use of photoshop was learning a single key. (alt) In the brush mode, the alt key will transform you brush into a color picker for as long as you hold it. Then, having a brush at 10-30% opacity will let you create blends of color by picking colors and layering them over another, then repicking the same color and so forth. This is what really helped me. Also, you could start by filling the shape with a flat color using a 100% brush and by clicking the layer with (ctrl) press down, it will everything on that layer, preventing you from going over you flat shape's edges.

Hope this help. ;p

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.