Hanvon SenTIP 1201WD

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hanvon SenTIP 1201WD

Hello,

I am thinking about buying a new graphics tabelt atm, i have a wacom bamboo 1, I find it just to small for me, so I was thinking about getting a intuous 4 M, or this Hanvon http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/ta...ts/SenTIP.html

For the price it looks very good, i cant afford a cintiq, so im just wounderign if anyone has any experince with these? They have a ton of reviews of their touchpad thing on youtube, but nothign about this graphics tablet.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I believe they just announced the launch of these tablets in June. So I don't think they're quite out yet which is why you haven't seen shopping items for them as of yet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ive seen them already on on a few uk sites for 400+. Its even on amazon, ready to be dispatched.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahh ok, forgot these were being put out in Europe first (I know the company is in China.) They're not over here yet.

For $400 not bad because it's less than half the 12ux cintiq of the same size.

"Premium wide-format 12.1’ display with WXGA(1280*800)resolution .Thin and light profile with 390*270*17mm"

That's a small resolution though. One of the problems I've heard with smaller resolution monitors like the Cintiq 12" is that you tend to draw in the same spot and cause more scratches that way. This is especially true because of the smaller screen real estate.

That said there are other advantages like the cost, but here are some other reviews or comments I noticed looking about

http://dtconanjw.deviantart.com/journal/27529965/ (first comment about a cheap TN panel and colors - Though a later review on the artrage forums says they both use the same kind of panel)

http://www.macworld.com.au/reviews/v...c-sort-of-3652

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...d.php?p=277991

Last edited by Arshes Nei; July 8th, 2010 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    By all accounts youve posted and a few others Ive read, the only downside the is the colour it displays, other than that, for the price and build I think this could be better than the cintiq 12 for the price.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mittin View Post
    By all accounts youve posted and a few others Ive read, the only downside the is the colour it displays, other than that, for the price and build I think this could be better than the cintiq 12 for the price.
    Depending on what you use it for, it wouldn't be bad. I'd just go with the larger cintiq. (And if someone had a competing one at that size).

On a side note I also noticed this one too and actually tried it out: http://www.carpediemstore.com/listCa...dCategory=2654 (from the supplier listed in the website)

It had pressure sensitivity but I had a hell of a time using it. A big monitor like that doesn't turn like the 21wx cintiqs. The colors were actually decent, if not mentioned better for calibration than the large Cintiq The pen had to use a battery because most companies couldn't figure out how to design a pen to get around the patent. There are also no express keys.

The reason I was having problems were due to the drivers. Either PS is a nut or they had the drivers installed in a haphazard fashion. The cursor kept jumping every few minutes on me, and I have no idea why.

For me, I rather have something more portable like a Motion Computing Tablet PC for the price than a 12x cintiq. I will at least be able to get a better screen resolution than what both the Sentip and Cintiq offer and less pressure sensitivity (which isn't as big of a deal). But at least I can carry it with me. The 12x and small Sentip looses the point of by being some thing "portable" you have to lug additional cables for even more so with that piddly resolution size.

In addition the jitter is something I'd also worry about when you have precious real estate. As you get closer to the edge of the drawing surface the more the jitter on these lcd tablets. I've experienced it on every one I tried. Cintiq 12x have this issue and makes it worse with the small size you work with.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks for the feeback m8. I decided just to go with the intuous 4 mdeium tablet, looks preety good. I may still buy that motion tbalet you mentioned, the LE1700, with that is there any lag between the pen and the screen wehn drawing in PS?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mittin View Post
    Hey thanks for the feeback m8. I decided just to go with the intuous 4 mdeium tablet, looks preety good. I may still buy that motion tbalet you mentioned, the LE1700, with that is there any lag between the pen and the screen wehn drawing in PS?
    From what I'm told there is, but I have different versions of PS I keep around so I can let you know which ones are the best to use on it. Remember the higher the version number, the more resource intensive. They also have the "thinapp" versions people make for their own personal use on flash drives to port around. I can see how that works too. One thing to do is work in Sai which is a lot less resource intensive and finish using Photoshop on your desktop. Sai Paint work allows you to save in PSD format rather flawlessly.

The intuos4 is a very good tablet too, just some of the other issues with nib wear (which is annoying - personally it's not a big deal to me as others make it) and usb port trouble (which may have been resolved in future releases of the tablet).

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.