Dreadnought

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Dreadnought

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dreadnought

Dreadnought

im doing this as a favor for http://void.dragonspyrestudios.com/ and also for fun because im a bored person i guess :]

anyway im doing a concept for a Dreadnought (spacetype battle ship?) of a robotic race... im kind of stuck and there is like.. a lot of blank space.. please give ideas and feedback.. crits.. you know...

robot spaceship description:
    "The Robots are the only race to use metal for construcitng their ships. Their ships are hi-tech looking, but you can still see the rivets that attatch the armor plating. They look as if the ships were constructed on an assembly line. Their engines have oblong pill shaped compression chambers, and look similar to chemical rockets when firing"

dreadnought description:
    "These are the most destructive forces in the galaxy. These incredibly massive ships can equip a dizzying quantity of weapons, including multiple super-weapons. And they will often have the ability to mount multiple fighter bays."

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    update... just kind of blocking out the basic form on the bulk of the ship...

I want you guys to know what I have planned so you will know more what i am thinkin..i will be adding much more stuff ... probably a ridiculous ammount of weapons... and ill be painting in the bay that will slide open to release tons of small fighter ships. And then there will of course be visible seams between welded together parts of the ship.

suggestions...? comments...?crits...? I need them, come on guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that the the concept is good. By the way, try to sketch your ideas first. Do the ships,guns,character,etc.. in some others views, not only the left or right view. It´s to say, I can´t say anything about this drawing because i dont know it form or its details, only one of it shape. By the way, i have to said that it´s a good draw, maybe a few simple.

Bye,

Freelancer Artist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for the comments :] i have sketched it before.. in biology notes.. french homework.. etc. When you say its plain you are referring to the side? or something else? because o a, planning on adding a lot of shit to the side..

thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Where & how do people enter the ship? Where are the visual windows, cameras, sensors - whatever is used to navigate? How big is this in relation to a person? Also, that really big gun on top might benefit from a larger circle-mount. I am assuming it swivles on that circle like a ball-bearing? At this point it can only shoot above itself, which seems like quite a disadvantage. It also wouldn't be able to cover it's tail, those things sticking out of the top are blocking the way. Unless all those spikes on the back are short-range guns? for covering the tail?

Is the whole ship a robot super-brain or is it manned by robots who pilot and shoot like a human ship would be? I ask because if the things on the back are guns, I am confused about how the interior of the ship would work to fit a robot at each gun, and where the view ports are for aiming.

Ok, I will stop now.. I have to confess - I am not good at drawing mechs or ships myself. But I am good at... er... nitpicking and maybe over-analysing? :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks a lot for the crits velo :] a lot of what you pointed out I am planning to deal with later (windows doors etc.) the gun on top doesn't swivel but instead just increases or decreases it's trajectory, and it can also swivel down in front but you can't see that because i have not done a front view yet.. maybe ill do a quick one before i go any further on the side view. the "spikes" on the back are thrusters and the things on the top are smokestacks. I'm kind of making this up as I go... the spike on the top is actually a smaller gun that swivels which is also now totally different then pictured in my latest update... the scale of this to a person is "fucking huge" think like.. the titanic.. and then multiply that by 2 or 3... yes i need to make that little pod above the minigun smaller so it appears that way and i will also make the windows smaller.. and i will also be adding a dome or perhaps even a tower to the top with lots of windows that would act as a type of central control system. I have yet to add gun turrete to the sides of the ship and things like that... as it nears completion everything will become apparent (i hope) also the ship is not a superbrain.. it is controlled by individual robots...

i appreciate your feedback :] you have good nitpicking skils

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good work so far. although, maybe it is just because it is not in an environment so that i can see it scaled with something else, but it seems like more of a hand held weapon than a ship. more like some laser gun or a automatic rifle.. eheh.. but that may just be my whacked head. keep up the great work! :chug:

but it all will be undone, and nothing built under the sun will ever stand before the endless march of sand

Members who have read this thread: 1