Animator (Flash?) needed for small animation squence
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Animator (Flash?) needed for small animation squence

Hello.
    I am looking for someone who could do two simple animations

There should be a silhouette of 2 Persons (white background, grey filled person silhouette) standing looking to the camera at first, then begin to turn around and making gestures like cleaning the wall and then writing something.

The second is the same silhouette of 2 Persons standing there just waving into the camera.

The file should be HD Resolution (1920*1080) in a popular format like flash or avchd.

I guess this can be done by a semi-pro animator in less than an hour or two and i would be willing to pay $40 for this via Paypal.

More details of course if you are interessted.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to all who wrote me asking for more money.
    I not spent more, i will do it myself now.
    Offer closed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reading this offer and your self-reply I would like to comment it. Maybe I am wasting my time, though I feel it is like my duty to explain what I think.

You were talking about 2 sequences involving 2 characters. According to your description we could estimate that the full length could be of about 4-5 seconds. If you want 12 FPS it is 48-60 frames for each character, total 96-120 frames.

With traditional techniques (pencil, paper and color filling with computer) it takes about 8-10 days to finish all the frames of the animation.

Though it can be done directly in computer with several different programs (Flash, Adobe AfterEffects, some 3D application, if rendered with lineart style, ...).
    The point is that, even if computer reduces time to produce inbetweens (interpolation), it has a bigger cost in other phases of the project. Like interpolation setting, choosing keyframes correctly, and preproduction phase, where it is required to setup the characters the best possible way (take for example skinning in 3D skeleton based animations).
    While this preproduction cost is a minimum percentage of the whole project process for longer footage animations, in a 4-5 seconds animations this advantage is almost lost.

This are the reasons for you should not assume that the use of computer could reduce production time to 1-2 hours. I bet you will spend more then that time to complete the work by yourself.

And, therefore, this is the reasons for artists, who applied to this offer, asked for more money.
    If an expert or semi-expert ask for more money you should think that he/she probably knows that this job cannot be done for 40$ in 1-2 hours.

My Blog with up to date images.
    EnderCG my current Home Page (still under construction).
    My Old Gallery with images and comics earlier than 2001.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am not an Animator but i did this animations myself now with Daz3d in 2 hours.
    I did not ask for pencil sketches.
    I just asked for silhouettes of 2 persons, no details, no face etc, so whats the point not using standard daz3d model with keyframe animations ?
    Preproduction costs ? NONE. (daz3d is free)
    The waving sequence was done in 5 minutes, the first was a bit more complex and took more time.

Maybe my description sounded more complicated than it was or you did think too complicated.
    I know 40$ is not much but i just wanted to give someone a chance of doing something simple.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, yes, Daz3D. You probably forgot to specify the actual quality you were looking for. Furthermore, if you have been able to do it in 2 hours the possible conclusions are:
    1) you are a genius.
    2) or, the resulting quality of the product is very low.
    Though, I admit I am curious: I would love to see the result to understand which case is verified. In the second case, it would be better if you explain that you are looking for poor quality, next time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ender.saka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ender.saka View Post
    ... it would be better if you explain that you are looking for poor quality, next time.
    There's no need to beat the guy up over his offer. Anyone who has an idea of what professional rates are, or what kind of work would be involved in the request, would have gotten red flags from the first post, and made their decision then and there.

My point is though is that you can't beat the guy up for offering less than professional rates and then being ok with less than professional results. You can try to educate someone (the first post was good), but there's no point in arguing about it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wilson View Post
    My point is though is that you can't beat the guy up for offering less than professional rates and then being ok with less than professional results.
    In my first post I did not know (probably like the other artists) that he was looking for poor quality job.

Quote Originally Posted by J Wilson View Post
    You can try to educate someone (the first post was good), but there's no point in arguing about it.
    My second post was just an answer to his answer. Actually I did not beat anybody. On the other hand, his answer has been more aggressive then expected and allusive, implicitly referring to mine (and probably others artists) capability to estimate amount of work and to achieve the required job.

Furthermore, is this not a forum? Can I not express my opinion?
    And, can I not ask to see the result to verify my guess? Asking is not permitted or not polite?
    Mine was not a provocative post. I really would like to see the result. Everything is possible, after all. Maybe he created a master piece in 2 hours, who knows?
    In your and mine experience we know that it is not much probable, but are you sure it is not possible at all?
    Based on these arguments, I do not understand what is wrong in my second post.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This IS a forum, but this sub-forum, the Employment area, is a little more about function rather than discussion (meaning that discussion is still encouraged, but only until it starts to interfere with the function).

Discussion is fine. However, there needs to be, like in other areas of CA, respect. Especially so from the artists here because A) the artists are regulars here and should understand that being constructive in posts is good for all here, and B) if we allow bashing of job offers then people don't bring job offers here. There are all different levels of artists here, and perhaps artists from parts of the world where $40 (or whatever the offer) is a reasonable rate. Since you cannot speak for all artists, it would be unfair to allow a you or other vocal artists to drive away the smaller jobs.

That isn't to say that rates can't be discussed. It just means that it is best to remain as professional as possible when doing so.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.