Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey through University.

Thanks

anatomyy

Here's a pose from my imagination, no reference, in order to see how far i've come with my anatomy studies and what has actually stuck and what i need to repeat. So far i'm very pleased with the overall look, i still need more arm / hand / head & face studies though.

Somethings bugging me about those legs, they look kinda big... hmm
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Action!

Hmm seem be uploading smaller pieces at the moment, i'm having to book lots of train tickets and university accomodation related things for this friday which is taking up a lot of my time ... however the 5 hours on the train should hopefully prove to be a solid ammount of time to produce a lot studies.

The legs at the top of the page were un-referenced i think they are mostly alright apart from i'm unsure if the top of the legs (thighs?) are too chunky, as i thought they would be slighly enlarged due to the pose. The rest of the drawings are referenced from sport photos such as football, boxing and dancing and i wanted to achieve a good flow of movement in the poses, which wasn't entirely successful.

Going to go watch Avatar for some inspiration and do some more studies also, cya later!

Thanks

Legs & Feet

Some more leg practice but also started studying the feet, now i've found some techniques i surprisingly find feet and legs quite fun to draw!

The lower half of the 2nd piece is all unreferenced which i am very proud of as they all look quite decent to me!

More to come.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Thanks
    Hey man good for you starting a sketchbook for Uni, I wish i did that 2 years ago haha, I think your really excelling at the quick thumbnails on photoshop very good use of negative space etc very inspiring I hope you get round to developing some of those ideas. Your anatomy studies are also improving and much like Sulphur i'd like to see you do some faces too .

Mike.

Livestreamin'

Blog

Available for Freelance!-Contact Michael.jay@live.co.uk

Thanks
    nice approach to figure drawing but I think your gestures are lacking of sense of movement

Thanks

More anatomy

Fudgeloaf: Thanks! i'm hopeing to start some face / expression studies soon and really looking forward in that area as i think that its letting me down a lot at the moment.

Andres333
    : Thank you, i've been trying to add movement to my figures however i'm completely lost as to how to achieve that.. any ideas? would be great

If anyone has any help on how to create movmenet in my figures i'd be very happy

Here's some mor leg / feet studies and some unreferenced poses and character attempts - just noticed the left leg of the male warrior sketch is too short for the perspective of the pose =/ . I'm becomming much more confident with my unreferenced pieces however i still need to get better and will keep moving onto more studies, i think i'll work the back and arm muscles next and then finnaly onto the head/face after

[P.S. That last one is my 51st page of anatomy studies since i started, damn i must do more!]

Thanks
    Hello, your paintings have nice colors, and your anatomy studies have come a long way already.

Feet and hands.... HATE EM!!

Thanks
    Lakka: Thanks! I'm glad that you think so, and i agree!

Got some pages of gestures to post later on and some more anatomy studies.

Thanks

Mooar..

Spent the day at Plymouth today and maanged to put a diposite down on some student accomodation for september (woop), i had 5 hours worth of train journey to draw but havn't got anything special to post, but heres some more anatomy, some more gesture practice and unreferenced sketches.

Gonna tkae a break from anatomy this weekend and create another full digital piece so that i can see how much i've learnt so far, and also to stop my head exploding from all of the muscle structure information D:

Thanks
    nice amount of studies
    To grasp a the life of a pose just try to draw the gesture, NO CONTOURS and more important TAKE YOUR TIME, gesture is like some kind of invisible energy

Thanks

Digital quickie

andres333: Thank you for the information, i'll give it a shot tommorow

I have around 4 pages of poses n sketches that i need to scan but am too tired to at the moment, so here isa quick digital piece - my friend Jim always asks me to draw fanarts for him so i thought i would do a quick one for him today during my break from anatomy - he is Wakka from Final Fantasy 10.

P.S. does it look too contrasted to you? my Cintiq screen is more contrasted than my monitor so i upped it some more though i'm really unsure which one is correct..

Thanks

CHOW 206

As part of my break from anatomy i'm going to give this weeks CHOW a go, my first time so it shall be interesting.

The theme is Father Time, here are a few quick thumbnail ideas.

Thanks

CHOW n Anatomy

Some more work onto the thumbnails for this weeks CHOW + some more anatomy studies / gesture practice, starting to get the hang of gestures a bit more now (doesnt realy show in these but i';ll post better ones soon)

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast