Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    nice approach to figure drawing but I think your gestures are lacking of sense of movement

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

More anatomy

Fudgeloaf: Thanks! i'm hopeing to start some face / expression studies soon and really looking forward in that area as i think that its letting me down a lot at the moment.

Andres333
    : Thank you, i've been trying to add movement to my figures however i'm completely lost as to how to achieve that.. any ideas? would be great

If anyone has any help on how to create movmenet in my figures i'd be very happy

Here's some mor leg / feet studies and some unreferenced poses and character attempts - just noticed the left leg of the male warrior sketch is too short for the perspective of the pose =/ . I'm becomming much more confident with my unreferenced pieces however i still need to get better and will keep moving onto more studies, i think i'll work the back and arm muscles next and then finnaly onto the head/face after

[P.S. That last one is my 51st page of anatomy studies since i started, damn i must do more!]

Thanks
    Hello, your paintings have nice colors, and your anatomy studies have come a long way already.

Feet and hands.... HATE EM!!

Thanks
    Lakka: Thanks! I'm glad that you think so, and i agree!

Got some pages of gestures to post later on and some more anatomy studies.

Thanks

Mooar..

Spent the day at Plymouth today and maanged to put a diposite down on some student accomodation for september (woop), i had 5 hours worth of train journey to draw but havn't got anything special to post, but heres some more anatomy, some more gesture practice and unreferenced sketches.

Gonna tkae a break from anatomy this weekend and create another full digital piece so that i can see how much i've learnt so far, and also to stop my head exploding from all of the muscle structure information D:

Thanks
    nice amount of studies
    To grasp a the life of a pose just try to draw the gesture, NO CONTOURS and more important TAKE YOUR TIME, gesture is like some kind of invisible energy

Thanks

Digital quickie

andres333: Thank you for the information, i'll give it a shot tommorow

I have around 4 pages of poses n sketches that i need to scan but am too tired to at the moment, so here isa quick digital piece - my friend Jim always asks me to draw fanarts for him so i thought i would do a quick one for him today during my break from anatomy - he is Wakka from Final Fantasy 10.

P.S. does it look too contrasted to you? my Cintiq screen is more contrasted than my monitor so i upped it some more though i'm really unsure which one is correct..

Thanks

CHOW 206

As part of my break from anatomy i'm going to give this weeks CHOW a go, my first time so it shall be interesting.

The theme is Father Time, here are a few quick thumbnail ideas.

Thanks

CHOW n Anatomy

Some more work onto the thumbnails for this weeks CHOW + some more anatomy studies / gesture practice, starting to get the hang of gestures a bit more now (doesnt realy show in these but i';ll post better ones soon)

Thanks

Anatomy continued

Some more anatomy - mostly arms + some gestures and some recapping of legs / torso.

Going to re-attempt the CHOW piece again in a moment hopefully i'll have something decent to show.

Thanks
    nice to see some fellow brits on here!, nice sb, keep pushing the dream

Thanks

Gestures + CHOW

Ostroponis: Yes go Brits! Thanks i surely will I really enjoyed looking through your SB by the way, going great so far!

About 6 pages of gestures around 1 minute per pose, i'm definitly becomming more comfortable with them though i think i need to be less messy with them? might try a different pencil - maybe move back to my good ol' mech one. Also the 'rendered' male in the first page made me realise how bad my pencil rendering is getting - i must practice that next.

Also redraw my chow piece, keeping the same layout but changing and adding things and am much happier with it now, though i must start rendering soon or the linework will drive me nuts.

Heres my thought process on the CHOW: The time on the graves counts down the time until that person will die, once it hits 12:00 father time must go and collect them to bring them to their grave, that grave will then be replaced with another to begin a new countdown. The large hourglass counts down Father Time’s death, once it has completed its cycle Father Time himself will be taken to death by his replacement - the cycle continues.

Thanks
    Glaudarien, thanks for dropping by my SB, and thanks for the suggestions,
    I really need to keep the figure studies coming!! BTW your figure studies
    are awesome, keep it up!!!!

My SB
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...70#post2801470

Thanks
    ArghosRo: Your welcome and thank you! Glad you think so.

Okay i think i'm fully happy with this now. I have redrawn the whole image - staying quite close to the thumbnail but changing and adding some more elements to the piece and refining the colours and lighting more. Hoping to start rendering tommorow and getting this piece to the next level.

Thanks
    Lovely sketches! I'd only suggest to try to draw bigger ones like in few latest you posted. Keep it up!

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast