Art: Life Drawing *Nudity*

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Life Drawing *Nudity*

Heh..well...only been browsing these awesome forums for about 5 days now...and figured its about time I put up something I've done. Now while I feel as though I hail in comparisson to allll you guys and gals here...I figure I gotta start somewhere Anyways. ever since I applied to Sheridan I told myself I needed to start practicing life drawing, figures and whatnot...and in doing so this is what I came up with the other night (using one of Davi's awesome fine art links haha). Crits welcome obviously.

(sorry about the horrible scan...it was from my sketchbook)

Life Drawing *Nudity*

"Life is about making running changes. You can't stop to fix things. You have to mend the sail while you're still at sea." - JM
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If by "life drawing" you mean drawing from this Life Drawing *Nudity*
    then yeah, i guess you did a good job.
    But its not "life drawing" fyi.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just meant to say drawing someone realistically, not so much of a drawing from 4d life sorry about that.

"Life is about making running changes. You can't stop to fix things. You have to mend the sail while you're still at sea." - JM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good work man, and a good idea to get into the habit of doing studies. They help immensely and youll definately have the advantage if youre starting now.
    I got some critiques too for ya.
    Youve done a good job of getting the overall proportions down, few minor things. The chin is a little short.
    As far as the shading goes, i find for the kind of shading youre doing, it works best to start with a hard pencil, like a HB or even an H and then build it up with softer ones, 2B ect, to your liking. Also, shop around for pencils, ive become a pencil snob since ive discovered the Faber Castell Grip 2001 pencils! They are really for drafting, so theyre very smooth, but its ultimately up to preference.
    Good drawing...maybe ill go do some studies now =P

and a side note to yutani...were trying to encourage people to draw with these forums...not to define "life-drawing" with scientific accuracy. as long as noone is claiming credit for for something they didnt do, lets give em a break eh?

"The sky was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel" -- William Gibson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and a side note to yutani...were trying to encourage people to draw with these forums...not to define "life-drawing" with scientific accuracy. as long as noone is claiming credit for for something they didnt do, lets give em a break eh?
    The way i understood Jdalley's post is that he was drawing from a model, which wasn't the case, so i pointed it out.
    I do tend to be harsh when it comes to critisism, but i try to be constructive and not let my personal tastes get in the way, unlike most regular people out there, who will simply boo because they "don't like it". Unless people here plan on living in a sheltered artististic comunity for the rest of their lives, they will face critisism, thats a cold hard fact. So why not to learn to deal with it and learn to get motivation out of it.
    Just my opinion, obviuosly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oooooo wow chill out guys.
    Lets look at whats really important here....

the fact that this belongs in the life drawing section

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.