Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason Chan ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok..now it is getting interesting...

( and yes its none of our business..but still..people are curious..)

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you people who keeped post DDDD-rama none of my business made me pissed off and made me dig. here a deleted post from wesburt : Not able to participate? Actually, I asked numerous times more than a couple months ago to be removed from the TAD site and promotional materials as I was not interested in misleading people to think I was involved in it. (I never even signed on to their project, and only lent some help to the Discovery program as my friends Carl and Coro were, at the time, still involved in the creation of TAD.) They neglected to remove me from the site until last week when I sent a cease & desist.

Those are the facts regarding me; and the earlier explanation above if full of inaccuracies and cover-ups. If you want to know more about my side of this or anything else, please email me or message me on cghub as the privacy of PM's on here is greatly misused.
    I'd suggest directly emailing other specific people as well if you want to know about their involvement.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tengu nz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs down

to the extent that we are contributors to this community, isn't it our business, at least enough to ask questions about it? As consumers of this product(?) we get concerned when major components of that product start to disappear and something noticeable is missing from our experience.

I am disappointed through and through in this respect, because I have purchased every video, signed up for many streaming classes and payed subscription to Visual Literacy Program because I was told these decisions help support this community. Carl, Coro, Kemp, Wes, Marko, and God knows how many others that have recently disappeared were ALL passionate selfless contributers to what I was so happy to help contribute to, keeping this community thriving.

Reading their posts and watching/listening to them teach and interact with other members of the community, I learned something of their characters. I just can't believe that any of them would behave unreasonably enough to warrant being banned from this 'community'.

I regret making so many financial contributions to CA when it's direction has turned so far from what it was.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sooooooooo wanna bet how long this thread is going to exist?

still here?

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    till Jason wakes up.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shapesinspace For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by shapesinspace View Post
    till Jason wakes up.

Everybody is making Jason too paranoid to go to sleep.

"I just know they're gonna post something the second I go to sleep... I just know it."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, if i got this clear, among many who left/got banned were also you (Hanes) and Jana who tried to start a goodbye thread but it got deleted?
    What the heck is going on here?...
    And yes, it`s my business (and of others a swell) since many of us invested more than just money and time..

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darjan Jurincic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does any one know if the banned MB artist's have move to another art forum?.
    ?link?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 633 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Darjan Jurincic View Post
    So, if i got this clear, among many who left/got banned were also you (Hanes) and Jana who tried to start a goodbye thread but it got deleted?
    What the heck is going on here?...
    And yes, it`s my business (and of others a swell) since many of us invested more than just money and time..

After finding that it had been clear for months that none of the MB guys would teach at TAD and how Jason had kept it a secret to have people still signing up who wanted to be taught by them, and finding out that he claimed the success and careers of Karla, Nonie, even Wes and Marko to be his achievement, Jana and me decided that it would be better not to have anything to do with it, and we made a thread in the TAD forum stating that we are stepping back from our scholarships and will not be involved in TAD at all.
    However, he simply deleted our posts there.

Edit: Also, Mock has also been IP banned, without a visible "User is banned". This is what has happened a lot recently when people were banned, for example with Coro and Marko.

Last edited by algenpfleger; July 1st, 2010 at 10:12 AM.

15. The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to algenpfleger For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Thanked 1,316 Times in 96 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thats really sad, but true : (

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Janaschi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by algenpfleger View Post
    After finding that it had been clear for months that none of the MB guys would teach at TAD and how Jason had kept it a secret to have people still signing up who wanted to be taught by them, and finding out that he claimed the success and careers of Karla, Nonie, even Wes and Marko to be his achievement, Jana and me decided that it would be better not to have anything to do with it, and we made a thread in the TAD forum stating that we are stepping back from our scholarships and will not be involved in TAD at all.
    However, he simply deleted our posts there.
    So will you and Jana still be posting your work at CA (sketchbook)? It seems that some of the 5-star guys (e.g. DanielC, D@niel) have stopped updating their sketchbooks (probably just busy and unrelated to the things discussed here) .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to D.C. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know, I have only been an active participant in this community for several years, but I have visited the site and lurked for many years in the past. This site is not what it used to be, period.

It is ridiculous however that some of you guys are telling others off for simply discussing the changes that have happened here.

Last edited by LisandroG; July 1st, 2010 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aggghhhh!

Last edited by shapesinspace; July 1st, 2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: i became redundant and regretted my redundancy

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't been too active in the other subforums, but I just want to know;

Does this affect the critique forum or sketchbooks forum? Does this affect the weekly activities or mentor subforums? Does it affect art discussion or finally finished?

Not buying any more downloads and leaving TAD I can understand, being angry or frustrated and breaking ties with jason I can understand. Leaving a site that is powered by the efforts and contributions of a ton of different people and on the whole has little to do with Jason's activities I don't.

23. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not buying any more downloads and leaving TAD I can understand,
    This will leave to another blackout, which will lead to

Does this affect the critique forum or sketchbooks forum? Does this affect the weekly activities or mentor subforums? Does it affect art discussion or finally finished?
    being affected.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyskoa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    exactly!! the leader holds the community's privileges hostage.

do you have any idea how many posts have been deleted throughout the forums? not talking about the flaming posts, or rude posts, but simply information that did not seem favourable for whatever reason to the owner of these forums.

It is frustrating to people who invest their time contributing to a community where drastic sweeping changes can impact 1000's of peoples contributions without their input.

you are talking about a community, a community with a leader who does what he pleases. without regard for the permanence of the input of his forum members or that of his colleagues.

I see what you mean, why throw the baby out with the bath water.
    but actually in this scenario the baby is the problem, and he's stinking up the bathwater.

oh jeez, I'm just passionate about this stuff, but reading this, it just looks like I'm a troll...

I should say that I hope that maybe some adjustments can be made in the way the site is managed, so things can really thrive around here again and people won't feel expendable!

Last edited by shapesinspace; July 1st, 2010 at 11:10 AM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shapesinspace For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: TNG)

29. The Following User Says Thank You to burning_chrome For This Useful Post:

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool Thanks Elwell, That sounds positive and clarifies a lot of the messy stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    exactly!! the leader holds the community's privileges hostage.....
    Jason =/= CA, despite the fact he can pull the plug on it. I've never seen him take a crit thread down or toss an activity out the window. I know it's affecting mods and others attached to the site and I understand them stepping down, but not critiquing people here does nothing to "stick it to" Manley and it certainly doesn't help those who need it.

It's the internet for christ sake, it's not as if Jason lives on this site or is prevented from going to other sites.

This will leave to another blackout, which will lead to
    being affected.
    I really don't think Jason is stupid enough to do that again.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 633 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Cool Thanks Elwell, That sounds positive and clarifies a lot of the messy stuff.
    No it doesn't? Does it give an explanation to why Coro, Marko, Kemp and the others were banned? Does it give an explanation why the not being involved of the MB artists was kept a secret? I don't see any of that in there.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to algenpfleger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason Rainville,

I get what you are saying, this place is amazing and by no means is anyone that I know of suggesting that they do not want to contribute to the crits etc.

It is a positive thing that people want to address issues that were being swept under the rug. check Elwell's post, the statement MB and CA made clears up a lot of the concern. We have a responsibility as members of the community to raise concern when things look shifty, and to give credit where it is due.

I hope you are not suggesting that we ignore political issues and only contribute to critiques and art education/networking. A community has to have solid foundations and a bit of maintenance although unpleasant sometimes can prevent disaster.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got my start here, its where i realised i could do this for a living if i sat down and cut out all the bullshit. This community is what you make it, so go make it better instead of worrying about this bullshit.

-alti

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alti For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope you are not suggesting that we ignore political issues
    Not at all, I expect this discussion will keep going back and forth and it needs to happen. I just want people to seperate Jason and all the other CA members in their minds. All I want to do now is focus on what made CA great; giving and getting advice and guidance in my free time without expecting $$$ to change hands.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by algenpfleger View Post
    No it doesn't? Does it give an explanation to why Coro, Marko, Kemp and the others were banned? Does it give an explanation why the not being involved of the MB artists was kept a secret? I don't see any of that in there.

yes it does sound positive. And it does clarify alot (not all)of the messy stuff! it shows that there is a separation between the two organizations. it doesn't get into messy details, it saves face and allows things to start fresher.

But it's up to Jason from here on in to decide to be more honourable in his actions and impact his new venture positively or run everything into the ground.

If he doesn't give a damn it will impact this place and CA won't be worth a damn.
    So lets see.

Last edited by shapesinspace; July 1st, 2010 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs down

" Marko Djurdjevic: After I just tried posting this over on Conceptart.org, I had to find out I had been secretly removed from the site, as the owner seems to be afraid about what people can say about him:

Hey all,
    just to give you a heads up. I haven't participated in conceptart.org since December, since I disagree with Manley's politics o...n here, his ways of misinforming people and banning policies. I'm sick of watching one man take credit for other peoples achievements, claiming to be the benevolent benefactor behind everything. Conceptart.org never was a Non-Profit company, and I'm disgusted that people have been lied to about this for so long. I no longer wish to be associated with such propaganda, and I want to publicly distance myself from Manley and CA. I made a lot of friends on these boards over the years, and you're all invited to come and talk to me on facebook or email (marko@sixmorevodka.com) but I don't want to have anything to do with the site's owner anymore, since the relationship has gone toxic.

If you want to spread the info, go to the site and post. I and my other Friends are restricted "

Source: Facebook.com

Be prepared that anything you write will be saved.
    I bet my balls that this topic will be deleted.

Critical thinking is not allowed here!

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wake Up! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are so many more productive things to be doing besides snooping into this situation. Try and look at the big picture and see how little this actually affects you.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Sundance For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah ignorance is bliss.

in the grand scheme of things hitler wasn't all bad either(sarcastic). we have better things to do than concern ourselves about oil in the gulf of mexico.

sunshine, these issues don't affect you until they affect you.
    Being lied to affects you.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast