why people aren't leaving conceptart.org - Page 14
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: why people aren't leaving conceptart.org

Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 333 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    While this is still top of the page and this suggestion might get some notice, has there been consideration for a Sketchbook thread feature that shows you just the Thread creator's posts and hides the other comments? The best sketchbooks sometimes have 2-3 pages of comments between any art being posted.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tehmeh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae View Post
    D.C., I'm sorry for being blunt, but that is one of the stupidest fuckin' things I've ever heard on this forum. This a statement of fact and not an insult against you personally.
    You should checkout the worst of CA thread. Seriously I was just joking (hence the ), you should know, since I never read a post by you that wasn't meant to be at least somewhat facetious. But hey, whatever man.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    D.C. You should sue the kittae for slander.
    I think the guy has enough on his plate :http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190621

Last edited by D.C.; July 25th, 2010 at 09:54 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D.C. For This Useful Post:

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,579 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry, D.C., I missed the smiley...and my happy meds hadn't kicked in yet for some reason. I blame the lobotomy...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Why was I banned?

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÍRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hurricane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    love the tags

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nauvice For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry, D.C., I missed the smiley...and my happy meds hadn't kicked in yet for some reason. I blame the lobotomy...
    It's all good, hope you're doing well

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,547 Times in 2,159 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by teh.meh View Post
    While this is still top of the page and this suggestion might get some notice, has there been consideration for a Sketchbook thread feature that shows you just the Thread creator's posts and hides the other comments? The best sketchbooks sometimes have 2-3 pages of comments between any art being posted.

www.conceptart.org/search

type in the users name

search the sketchbook forums.

bam...all images and only images.

My weekends of nerdy tech making are not always useless!

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
    Why was I banned?

You were not...at least as far as I know. Did you piss off Ilaekae or Elwell? Outside that no clue. You have been a big inspiration around here and I have nothing but well wishes for you man.

Hope you can make it to the Amsterdam workshop.

Jason

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    Comix,

I put in a request with CA attorney Ed McHorse to have him put together the documentation to show that the purposely harmful attacks and false statements made about CA were not only damaging but also slander and libel. CA is facing the reality that it may have to go to court to protect it's brand and good name, should such false and damaging statements (by those enriching themselves by acting in direct business competition with it) continue, or should those same parties choose to further behave in an unprofessional and unlawful manner. CA has operated with integrity as a business since day one and the founders have operated that non-profit for many years. Your posting here, your ability to get your knowledge here for free is a perfect example of all that goodwill. If you have a particular question for Mr. McHorse, feel free to email me and I will forward it along to him. Happy to do so.

Jason
    Thanks Jason, email sent for you to forward.

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by comixnut View Post
    Thanks Jason, email sent for you to forward.

Happy to help.

On to better and brighter things. This discussion has played out.

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Goddess, if only I COULD ban people instead of what i have to do now...

Do you bastards know how much ammo for a .357 Special costs? I'm on a damn pension, people...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's right. Ilaekae is the Wolf. He is the last one you want called in.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I see people are throwing ideas around in here...

I am under the impression DA has a licence free reference section for members (correct me if I am wrong) which seems like a great idea to me. Maybe this is something the CA community could work to achieve? I know there's a reference sub forum full of links, but I was thinking about something more geared towards CA's needs. I've seen photos of the cool models at the ateliers so it might be interesting to take that further.

I'm wondering if anyone in the industry has contacts or access to things like period costumes and historical uniforms? Beyond that, they could always be hired and models found, or kidnapped! I'm sure one or two of the big guns must know dancers, or performance artists, or people who make wicked armour or steampunk outfits etc... as part of their networking.

It would be cool to have something like a monthy model with a particular theme. Maybe even extending it to a possible activity like the weekly ones, where members participate in creating work based on the reference set given. Model of the Month (MotM) ? Maybe not. I'm just running with my thoughts. But still, CA hosted models in relevant and useful costumes/poses might be worth considering. Maybe a subscription service that caters more towards the needs of the community?

At the very least, there could be a call-out to the community to see if anyone among us has access to stuff and would be willing to pose and share... like members in different countries having access to clothing or props specific to that culture?

Just some thoughts.

"You have a taste for drawing - I trust it will improve." - Melmoth, The Wanderer

Sketchbook
    Blog

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Munin Raven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Could I just ask please as I don't really understand most of this thread. Have you changed the email notification to subscribed threads? It's just I haven't been getting any from fellow artists sketchbooks and I was thinking they can't surely be all on holiday and not posting any work, or maybe they can. Thanks to anyone who can help preferably in plain English and not thread code or text talk.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Goddess, if only I COULD ban people instead of what i have to do now...

Do you bastards know how much ammo for a .357 Special costs? I'm on a damn pension, people...
    What does it matter your still waiting on that damn bus. Ammo store closes soon too.

~You should never doubt what nobody is sure about~

Demo's Digital Damsels

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Demo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not sure on the email notifications matter. arshes? any ideas?

We are upgrading to the new vbull in the coming weeks, as well as opening the beta of ca 4.0 too. Gonna be lots of changes so right now we can just hang here.

j

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason,

Without trying to sound hypocrite, as per the newness of my status as a CA registered member, I would like to point out that some cleaning could surely bring a wally benefit to CA. There are loads of threads named wrongly, duplicated threads located in different boards (yet validly up for the same purpose!), inactive sketchbooks and the likes. I know cleaning is always a tad boring to do, especially considering the size and massive content there is around.

As true as that may be, I think you, we and the new comers would all benefit from it. It may take a while; chances are, you will waste -inbetween the Administrators and Moderators- a large sum of hours, but in the end, it all pays out, right? (Right? Right?!) I have also noticed (Pardon the extorted speech, but, whereas I have just registered a couple of months ago, lengthy has been the period I have been sneaking up on CA, as well as lurking about! It's almost been two years, actually! Status quo of a Professional Lurker, beware!) that some of the pinned/sticked threads are no longer being followed by their creators, these including some of the exercise-type there are.

On a more graphical-related note, has anyone considered a smoother theme? In the event of not wanting to change to a new theme; Has anyone considered trying to craft this one up so it feels more organized and minimal (in the sense that it is more seemingly implemented and doesn't suffer from many variants that could, hours after hours, cause distress in someone's poor vision?)

These are just suggestions. Typing them down as they pop onto my head! Feel free to add, change, or counter any of the already pointed out suggestions, if you will. I am sure we are all striving for the same goal: To make CA a better place, the best possible!

With my best regards,
    Klaasillu.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Comix,

I put in a request with CA attorney Ed McHorse to have him put together the documentation to show that the purposely harmful attacks and false statements made about CA were not only damaging but also slander and libel. CA is facing the reality that it may have to go to court to protect it's brand and good name, should such false and damaging statements (by those enriching themselves by acting in direct business competition with it) continue, or should those same parties choose to further behave in an unprofessional and unlawful manner. CA has operated with integrity as a business since day one and the founders have operated that non-profit for many years. Your posting here, your ability to get your knowledge here for free is a perfect example of all that goodwill. If you have a particular question for Mr. McHorse, feel free to email me and I will forward it along to him. Happy to do so.

It is crit week still. That has been extended. Want to help make this a better place, that is how you do it.

Regarding the great stuff being discussed in this thread, I am taking notes. A lot of it is in CA 4.0 which only awaits four more pages and it will be ready for beta with the top users in the community. Getting close.

Jason"

you know alot of this speculation could be avoided part of the reason nonprofit info is public information is to avoid exactly thease problums , the other part of it being public is that an npo IS for the public and is not owned by any one person or group . if you posted the npo information , and the 990 forms , which is a good idea in all cases , its also required by law that if some one requests them <any one at al > then the npo must provide them , i posted the question in the joint statement thead ,and some how im guessing you must have missed it
    i asked agean in this thread and i think it was missed as well , so ill ask agean .haveing this information reddly avalable , for example posting it on guide star or any of the other sites that are for exactly this , makes it much easyer for the npo to recive donations and provides the public the ablity to make an informed choice for the nonprofits thay want to help , as CA is a great site im sure it would only enhance the good things its has done .

this is all supposed to be public information for any npo . the 990 is supposed to be provided on request to any one that wants it .

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>
    2 easy questions

Is CA listed on any of the 990 form sites , like guidestar < http://www2.guidestar.org/> , or 990 , or any of them , if so what is it listed as ?

If it is not listed , to what physical address can people sned their request for the 990 form .

31. The Following User Says Thank You to liam.c For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm I came in here to reply to something, but my main account has been disabled so that I can no longer log-in to his site. non-public ban huh?

guess I'll just be seeing people over on CGHUB from now on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wes you are not banned. CA is undergoing a ton of changes to the code base as we get ready for 4.0. We had similar issues over on the TAD forums and my inbox is full of people I am manually registering. Our coder is now going in to upgrade all the vbulletin stuff to 4.05 or whatever the latest release is so that should solve the problem prior to releasing CA 4.0. I will go in and reset your profile to registered and see if that solves it. I have not fixed the current bugs in the system as this entire system is being upgraded and replaced with the latest forums and custom site technology and so I am focused on getting that done so we can live in 2010 instead of 2004 around here. If you have an issue on your account all you have to do is email me and I will take a look.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There have been a number of false statements made that are damaging ConceptArt.Org and those which harmed and continue to damage the reputation and name of this community must be cleared up. I am in complete and total agreement on this.

Liam your search for truth, the same as that of Comixnut and others is honorable and valid and with a level of appreciation here. I have also appreciated your patience and so have others who make CA tick. It has been frustrating to not be able to share this until it is cleared by legal. Unfortunately such things have involved a number of attorney's and given possible legal action against any who cause damages to CA, should they continue, such matters must be handled under their guidance.

With that said, I met with CA legal and accounting today and they have stated that the following information can be shared to prove to the community that the slander and libel dramatically made by those who took aggressive actions toward CA business for their own personal and company gain is entirely false.

As stated many times in this community, ConceptArt.Org is a non-profit. It is a legitimate business run with care and hard work and a ton of volunteer hours. This latter has always been the case. CA was run with a pay it forward mentality since day one, two years before creating the non-profit. Don't even begin to ask how many volunteer hours people put in here. It is a LOT. ConceptArt.Org is not federally tax exempt and has never claimed to be. Ever. ConceptArt.Org runs as a non-profit, is the documentation shows, a Texas Non Profit and has offered a tremendous service to the international digital art scene for many years.

Those of you who post here, share here, get information here have all benefited. I have found friends here, love here, and learned more here than anywhere else on the net. CA has given to all of us who share and learn here. Those who went to the atelier for free, those who studied for less than the price that CA paid to keep the school open even years ago, those who volunteered to teach at the workshops, those who give their time here helping so many, have all been a part of that effort. Some have given more than they receive, and we owe them all a huge thanks, the mods, the admins even workshop instructors who come out and teach for free for the benefit of others are of that group of important people.

As ConceptArt.Org is not a 501.c3 and is a Texas Non-Profit, it does not file the 990 that has been requested. It has never had the need for that given it's activiities. Rather than pay additional fees and legal CA always just used the money for better things like paying coders to build www.conceptart.org/search to help fight the now doomed Orphan Bill, or putting students through school, even those outside like the artist who had won tuition to study at Watts years ago. It upgraded the servers, put it's editors to work on creating the most affordable high quality art education content that one can find online and more. It followed both it's lawyers and it's accountants advice all the way through. It operates 100 percent within the legal limitations of it's corporate type and the benefits are seen here every day. You see them. So do we all.

As stated, in time the smoke will clear and I am ok personally with being patient. After years I have finally begun painting again and drawing and all of the drama in this thread is a painful distraction from what is important. Everyone knows that. I know that. I hope that this document release ends the question once and for all.

I will not be posting the personal emails that proves other false commentary is exactly that...but that is more of a personal matter to me and so I do not care to even see it disproved at this time The libel and slander being perpetrated still about CA business is another story and so here are the appropriate images showing CA is exactly as CA has stated for many years.

Best Regards, and be assured, this place is only going to continue to get better.

Jason Manley
    Founding Director
    ConceptArt.Org

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jason Manley; July 27th, 2010 at 10:19 PM.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Guess people were assuming Fed and forgot about State x.x;;;;

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is getting boring...

Let's talk about something else...

Arshes, not trying to be a dirty old man...well, okay, I am, but...being serious as i can be... Explain the physics involved in knocking your glasses off with your own boob. I have been trying to figure this out for a week and it's driving me crazy...

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh oh

Ilaekae has an orange name now ..
    everyone runnnnnn

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why's...my name...orange...?

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am incapable of such things. Gotta to talk to Arshes on that one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...OH...MY...GAWD...I...PISSED...HER...OFF...

I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die. I've lived a good life. I'm not afraid to die....

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,778 Times in 848 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    here's a simple idea. Pictures speak much clearer than words.

Attached Images Attached Images  

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

You know I think I've grown 10 years older throughout the duration of this thread.

Ilaekae is orange.

Jason Manley is being patient and relevant.

And I myself expressed focusing rather on something like "crit week" than pushing into the negative abyss.

I don't know what to think about anything anymore. And yet, I know exactly what to think about everything. Past, present, and future.

My mind is blown.

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Two Listen For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 7