Established iPhone/iPad game dev seeks four small WW2 portraits -- ARTIST FOUND
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post Established iPhone/iPad game dev seeks four small WW2 portraits -- ARTIST FOUND

UPDATE -- THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S INTEREST ... I NOW HAVE A NUMBER OF TALENTED ARTISTS TO CHOOSE FROM.

Within 30 minutes of posting, I had five highly skilled artists contact me. I will be able to choose from among those (a tough task) so the posting is currently NOT accepting any more emails for this specific job. Thanks to everyone whose replied ... I have tried to reply to each of you but am off to a potential job interview this morning and will be offline until this evening.

----------------------

Hi all,

I am nearly done development on my eighth game for iOS. This one is an iPad-only game (my other seven were iPhone/iPod touch), and it's a 2D, 2-4 player WW2 skirmish combat game. Players are individual soldiers moving forwards through randomly generated terrain areas to be the first to reach an objective. Gameplay mechanics revolve around a balancing risk style of play ... risk accepting more orders (that can move you forward faster) vs. the increasing risk for pinning or wounding fire.

For those board gamers among the crowd think ... "Frontline D-Day meets Up Front! meets Zombie Dice meets Dice Town meets a mash-up of WW2 mini rules like CrossFire and Rules of Engagement."

I am seeking someone to create four, brightly coloured, 512x512 pixel 72dpi portraits of WW2 soldiers. Head, face, helmet cutting off at top of shoulders. Two Yank, two Brit/Canuck. 1944 Normandy infantry (not paratroop) gear. Chiseled, tired, and looking like they've seen combat. No weapons, just portrait.

They are being used on the gameplay screen to show who the active player is, and on a small chit/game piece on the terrain board. I will send screen shots when the concept drawings are done.

This is the general look and feel I'd like ... BUT they do not have to be quite so detailed. Bright and crisp, yes, detailed, not quite that much.

As I have recently been laid off my full time job (designer/creative director with 20 year career) due to downsizing, I am unable to pay much. US$200 by PayPal. 50% on approval of concept sketches, 50% on delivery. US$50 bonus if I decide to use one of them as the game icon.

Sent to me as a PSD file so I can tweak colour. Full art credit given in game and websites. Timeline for completion: two-four weeks is good (I'm just finishing up the game logic right now and will only have to swap out my FPO art for your good stuff). Rights remain yours. My use only extends to the game itself, icon (if agreed) and marketing material/public screenshots.

Please drop me an email and link to your work here via PM or email me (preferred) at daveyjj AT me dot com if interested. Game website is Move It, Soldier! and main website is Koko Tap.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by DaveyJJ; June 30th, 2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: move text around, add thanks, clarified currency, added where portraits are being used

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.