Thread: help needed!

Thanks

help needed!

can some one plz list some pros and cons about acrylic painting and oil painting, because im having a tough time deciding which i should take up.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Acrylics dry slightly darker than when it's initially applied. That's not a problem with oils. Acrylics are cheaper too and they're easier to clean up off of yourself if you're messy like me and generally doesn't ruin clothes. I find it easier to maintain my oil brushes though so I rarely have to replace them but I seem to be replacing my acrylic brushes more. Finished oil paintings tend to be shinier and richer(my opinion on the richer) than acrylic paintings although you can put gloss medium into your acrylics. They're also doing a lot of funky things out there with acrylics such as iridescent colors and stuff with ground glass beads and ground rock. Oils haven't seemed to change since they were first developed.

Thanks
    Go for watercolor!

Thanks
    Another thing to consider, is that you'll have to have a jar of OMS around or turpinoid and neither are good for you to be breathing. So you need somewhere with ventilation. During the winter I have to use duck tape and plastic around my old windows to keep warm so there's no ability to open windows during winter and therefor it's difficult for me to do oil paintings during winter without getting high as a kite.