Teen Challenge 93 :: The Streets of Babylon

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 643 Posts

Teen Challenge 93 :: The Streets of Babylon

Round 93 :: The Streets of Babylon

Topic
    The Streets of Babylon. An Orientalist theme. Be creative, push yourself and try something new
    Topic chosen by last round's winner xinranliu

P.S THE WINNER OF THIS TEEN CHALLENGE WILL PICK THE TOPIC FOR THE NEXT TEEN CHALLENGE AND SO ON UNTIL TC 100

Enjoy everybody
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trying hard to think of stuff that everyone will enjoy and I am thinking teen challenge should be a bit different from all the other challenges. Everything else is pretty specific so I want to keep TC as something a bit more relaxing and personal. Keeping it open as possible If you guys have any ideas throw them in the suggestions thread ----> Topic Ideas

Deadline
    Sunday, July the 4th, 2010

IMPORTANT
    1. Add a border around your image with your name and the topic, like they do with the other of the week challenges.
    2. Please use the attachment manager, it helps preserve the images to forever and beyond.
    3. Mark your final as final.
    4. POST YOUR FINAL IN THE VOTING THREAD BEFORE THE DEADLINE

Good Luck everyone and Hope you have fun! If you have any ideas for where the teen challenge should go then please either PM me or post it in the suggestions thread.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nibras For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oooooh interesting I really need to get back into these, the 2 I did were so fun.

Thanks
    Been in China since the end of 'Heaven' round... 3 more weeks, looks like I can go home and participate in TC 100.

Good luck to the contestants! I'l probably doodle along on printing paper...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Inkwash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ok this week i am going to do this thang! not even a start to last weeks, i was on poor form but now its on.

Thanks
    i heart this topic lilnebo good call. but i do hpoe i am not the only one!
    anyway this is mi wip, i have started using a combo of photoshop elements and artrage as i cant afford painter quite yet but it is turning out some interesting results.
    Name:  babylon artrage 2.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  434.4 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
Hey skyline, cool to see that someone started.. I want to join this one too.. hopefully more people join as well...!

I think you should take a few steps back before you go on with your piece. Consider the fundamental things such as perspective,( fov) structure, scale, and where your primary and secondary light sources are etc..!
Art Rage is really nice for getting a little more of that 'traditional' feeling, but those brushstrokes you're 'getting' aren't really helping you that much at the moment. look to the old masters work to see how they used edges and brushstrokes to their advantage. But for now, at least taking a few steps back to look at those things I mentioned, and try to take a little more of your time to deal with the construction of your piece will probably help you a lot more than you think just my two cents.. take it with a grain of salt if you want. haha

keep working hard!

Thanks
    thanks Dile_, i can never quite get my digital painting to look how i want. even after a couple of years work i am still not used to/happy with the way the various media look on the page. it would be different if i was actualy painting, any tips on how to get brushstrokes to blend ect, or is artrage just not the right thing?
    edit: also the pic dosnt look as good when i upload it to ca.org it is too dark in places, and dosn't show the same deatail

Thanks
    Name:  tennchallengnotfinished.JPG
Views: 196
Size:  62.5 KB

For what it is worth here is something I did not managed to finish...which taking a look at it is probably a good thing

• Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.