Sketchbook: A total beginners Sketchbook
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: A total beginners Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A total beginners Sketchbook

I just bought a Wacom Pen & Touch because I've always been interested in Artworks and Speedpaintings, especially Envis.

The thing is: I never drew much. So, I have a lack of basic feeling for depth, huge problems with colors and basically everything that makes a newb a newb.
    So, there are some questions I have, and I hope that you can answer these.

1. The perspective: I always have problem with this. My different layers of, lets say rocks, dont fit together and the picture looks bent or just wrong. Are there any basic tricks for that? Using some kind of grid templates or anything else?

2. The colors: Let's say I want to draw a cube. Theres orange light coming from the left and blue light coming from the right (classic). The cube is supposed to be green. How do I pick my colors now? First I have the problem that I never find any colours that fit together. Second: I don't know how to apply them to my picture and based on what I should choose them. Do I need JUST Orange or a mix of orange and green to paint it on the cube? Or do I need a lower opacity for the brush? I searched through the forums but never found anything that could help me with this.

And heres my first drawing which I think is presentable...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DasFroDo; June 28th, 2010 at 05:06 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.