xollox Guest

New Artist-in-training

Hey everyone,

I'm brand new to these forums. I'm also brand new to drawing. MindCandyMan is a friend of mine...he kept sending me drawings that he was doing until I decided to give it a shot for myself. I found a couple pages from a Loomis book in one of these forums and drew myself a proportional face. It had no shading so it looked very two dimensional, but all the features were pretty much in the right spot. Using that knowledge, I continued drawing portraits. I now have a total of 8 pencil drawings. You can find all of them at http://www.geocities.com/xollox2000/drawing along with the photo i used to draw them from, date I did them, and a brief description. Here are two of them for those of you who don't want to chase that link.
    New Artist-in-training
    This is the third self portrait I did and the sixth drawing that I've done. If you look at my geocities page at the pictures of me, you'll notice that it looks very little like me.

New Artist-in-training
    This is my latest drawing. This one actually looks like the person I was drawing, which is a huge step up from my previous ones. I've showed a couple people around the dorm and they could all name the person.

I'd appreciate and C&C you are willing to offer me. I'm brand new at this and really have no idea what I'm doing. Feel free to be harsh, my ego doesn't damage easily (:

-XolloX

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    i see some potential, you just gotta keep cracking at it. there is improvement from your first couple to the later ones, even though they were done very close together. just keep drawing, start doin the self portrait a day. keep paying attention to forms, and the way light and shadow effect each part of the face. keep it up!

xollox Guest
    Here is my third self portrait. It still doesn't look like me, but it looks closer than the last. This one was done from a mirror instead of a picture.

New Artist-in-training

C&C would be nice (: Thanks for the encouragement ZippZopp. Input is very welcome.

-XolloX

Thanks
    You should Post this in the November selfportrait gallery, And do one every day and grow.

Thanks
    Hey bro....looking good man! I was hoping you would start posting in here:

WARNING: CONCEPT ART CAN CAUSE SPONTANEOUSLY SKILL GROWTH AND MASSIVE ADDICTION TO CONCEPTUAL ART.

Your stuff is getting better and better every self portrait you do. Awesome work man. Yeah you will get more feedback if you post where everyone else does. Click on "guest self portraits" ...then click on "November Guest SP"...they have a new one for each month...so December will be "December Guest SP"...etc...Keep posting bro. You will see a dramatic change. I can already see a deeper understanding of shading on your last one. Keep it up. Be prepared to have thick skin in that section. Those guys tell the truth...it's helpful...just be warned hehe.