Thread: Bummed

Thanks

Bummed

Hey, I'm Scarn... as you can see by the name to the left... I've been drawing pretty much all my life... and uh... I'm beginning to feel like a small pebble in a sea of boulders. IF you know what I mean. I've been giving it my all for the 13 years I've been drawing ( since i really couldnt draw when I was 3) and now I feel as if I've lost my touch to my creativity. I just can't seem to draw what I want to draw... it never turns out right, and I can hardly come up with original ideas w/o ripping off some other artists work - which I try my hardest not to do. Its like an artist block that's been going on for a year now.... If any of you have been through the same thing, could you please tell me its gonna be alright in the end? heh... or at least some ideas to spawn some fresh ideas? tricks you use to tap into that stream of creative juices I know you all have flowing around inside you. You all have amazing works - ones which I hope I could come close to some time in the future. But at this moment I'm losing sight of that dream....yah, if this sounds cheesy, forgive me, I'm depressed. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Well, I know it's easy for me to say, but you are only 16 & you've got lots of time. Believe me!
    Everyone gets into a rut from time to time and yes, you will come out of it. Sometimes it may be as 'easy' as getting yourself away from 'it' for a little while. Remember a change is as good as a rest.
    Once again, you've got LOTS of time to achieve what you want. People who say you have to 'make it' by 25 are full of shit.

Thanks

no worries

dont worry about the artist block, it happens sometimes to me as well..the WORST thing you can do is think about it, and try and figure a way out....

its kinda like trying to fall asleep, instead of sleeping, your dwelling on the fact that you cant sleep.

Just relax, figure out a way to boost some confidence, and do what comes natural...try not to make something that might "compare" to another.

flow with what makes you content or proud and eventually youll forget about "not feeling creative". Anything you do on your own is creative.

Thanks
    "Bad artists copy, Good artists steal" - Pablo Picasso

remember my friend, you shouldnt try to be completely 100% original until you have and excellent handle on the medium.

Thanks

thanks

Thanks guys - its been a great help I'll take what you've all said into consideration...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.