Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Thanks
    Wow this is a really amazing thread..I'd like to see where I could improve just by a few touches...

Here is a digital image I have been working on. My main thing is her hair, I want it to be better and perhaps more simplified. Her dress also seems to be a issue...any ideas on how to color fabric better and also maybe simply? Anything else you could help would be great!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhune View Post
    Agreed with Nezumi, give them some time to catch up with the pictures guys. Jana and Hannes obviously aren't machines and they started something amazing here, I'd hate to see it ruined because people just couldn't wait for a little while.

I don't see anyone demanding a paint over now. Jana and Hannes said they would get around to them when they could. So I don't see anyone ruining anything by just posting.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SenEnd View Post
    I agree with this full heartedly! If something your working on, even if it's nearly done just isn't working. Redue it, especially when your first starting to learn use the ideas you gained and get it right!!!
    MURDER your darlings lol.

Thanks
    Guys, I honestly don't think Hannes and Jana are coming back regardless....? I think they may be leaving CA for good, or at least it seemed that way. :/

And Runya Jade; I can see a lot of issues in it. I agree with Nezumi and the others; these too aren't machines. Even if they are generous enough to donate their time to do a few others, shouldn't they do the people who posted their paintovers first, anyway? And when they've got some two dozen people lined up and more coming, it would get really overwhelming I think. I don't know.. its just something they volunteered to do, people are going crazy and trying to make it a full time job.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlee. View Post
    Guys, I honestly don't think Hannes and Jana are coming back regardless....? I think they may be leaving CA for good, or at least it seemed that way. :/

And Runya Jade; I can see a lot of issues in it. I agree with Nezumi and the others; these too aren't machines. Even if they are generous enough to donate their time to do a few others, shouldn't they do the people who posted their paintovers first, anyway? And when they've got some two dozen people lined up and more coming, it would get really overwhelming I think. I don't know.. its just something they volunteered to do, people are going crazy and trying to make it a full time job.

I never said they were machines. Personally what I see is 2 people who had a wonderful idea and a lot of people honestly seeking help and advice from 2 lovely people who offered it. I don't post that often on this form once of the reason's being I see a lot of people who are just starting out looking for advice and getting snubbed, and cold shouldered from those on here that believe they are better than most. There are a tun of harsh critiques and little actual help except for a rare few who take the time Like Jana and Hannes. Overwhelming sure. Do they have to do everyone that is posted? That is truly up to them. Do the ones that post first, seems like the right thing to do, again up to them.
    It's their thread and from what I have seen they have been hugely generous and exstreamly helpful not only to the people that have been brave enough to post personal pieces, but to those who are just watching. They themselves when you really think about it are really putting themselves out there as well. They could do a paint over and really upset someone. I don't see that happening as everyone that has received help has been very grateful.
    I thought that was the whole point of this forum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a place for amateurs who can't afford the thousands of dollars or time for art school to get help from those who have been lucky enough to be called pro's? Maybe if there was a little more of that going around, those who actually step up and offer help won't get so swamped.

I hope Jana and Hannes do come back and are still able to continue to help those looking for it. On their own terms and schedule and if they can't that would be a shame but I don't think anyone would hold it against them if they decided not to continue.

Thanks
    You guys are all so amazing! I notice that light sources are a trouble for some artists here. The same with me, if anyone could help me out, that would be awesome

Hannes' and Jana's paintover thread :D

But keep up all this lovely support. I'm learning so much from others!

Thanks
    Oh, don't know if this has already been mentioned but the lovely buds over at are also having ago at this. It's wonderful to be passed around.

Thanks
    I suggest that "skilled" people should help Jan and Hanes... maybe too much here to handle for two people

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorskies View Post
    I suggest that "skilled" people should help Jan and Hanes... maybe too much here to handle for two people
    It's their thread, that's really up to them to decide.

I do hope they're still coming back?

Thanks
    Sup guys!

This is my few months old painting but it still bugs me. I got critics that she shouldn't be so bright because the lightsource is behind her. I've also read that anatomy if off. Any thought on this would be nice.
    But what i would really like to see is how that picture would look with few more colors. I suck at anatomy but i'm even worst with colors. Color palete on this one is really boring

Hannes' and Jana's paintover thread :D

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 636 Posts
    Hey guys!

Sorry for being inactive at the moment, we're buried in work right now. Please don't fight, okay?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to algenpfleger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I can't even say how much great this thread is for the entire community.
    It's not only about getting a paintover, but learning on othe rpeople mistakes and seeing different point of view. Hannes, Jana i love you guys
    ( Maybe i'll visit you some day, eh? still in Germany? )

Anyhoot here's my 2 old pieces, that are still waiting to be finished, dated but not outdated hehe.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by algenpfleger View Post
    Hey guys!

Sorry for being inactive at the moment, we're buried in work right now. Please don't fight, okay?
    LOL, thanks for the laugh m8
    My Sketchbook
    http://www.dannykundzinshart.com

Friends
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart
    Facebook page

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 401 Posts
    Yea, very busy my gluteus maximus - I guess we just scared them away. Hannes, Janna, come back. It`s safe. Here, I`ll even bake you penis shaped cookies. OK?

Now, there is a reason for me posting here (other than being utterly funny and charming, and using the word penis. I really don`t use that word as much as I should...sad. :/ ), and that is to get behind your voodoo. I hope you don`t mind but I pulled out some of your collabs (well, I know Janna was involved in them for sure), and I pointed out the parts that I`m really interested in. Namely - color choice. You seem to be using what I call "neutral" colors (yea, stupid, I know, but I have my own name for everything. Except penis. I`m quite fond of that one), which seem to be adding a special depth to your images. They are lights in shadows, and they are...muted? Less saturated? What I`d like to know is, how do pick the right color in there? Is it just practice, or is there like a special...I don`t know, formula? How to determine their tones? Are they a mixture of objects color and diffuse light? They always seem to be blueish, which they in fact are not, but they just complement those other colors so well, it`s insane. Voodoo! Also, when painting from life, how do you pick your colors? Also practice? And when doing photo studies, do you maybe have some advice on references/sites you think are good, and don`t showcase images with "studio" lightning?

So, yea...those would be it. Hope to get back from you soon. The penises are in the oven. Cookies, I mean...-_-

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PxelSlayer For This Useful Post:

Izi

Thanks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to .:WoLf:. For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast