Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Thanks
    I'd really need help with this one. It's a painting I started today and it's for a job.
    It feels very dull and I'd like to make the lightning better. It's very dark right now and I don't really know how light I should let it go before it looses the scary aspect.

Rip it apart please!

Hannes' and Jana's paintover thread :D
    *updated*
    Last edited by Loathsome; July 16th, 2010 at 05:29 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I really want to get better at drawing and painting and I think this forum can help me do that. It is kind of daunting seeing how most everyone's skill levels are very far above my own.

Well I've been working on this.
    Hannes' and Jana's paintover thread :D
    Last edited by Valen; July 15th, 2010 at 01:24 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Yikes.. looks like the duo Hannes and Jana have a lot of work to catch up on.. looking forward to the paint overs..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 870 Posts
    So here's an outstanding question. I know that Hannes & Jana were somehow involved with the whole TAD drama that was going on in the lounge and elsewhere. So are they simply busy with work, or are they reducing/ending their involvement with CA? If the latter, we may want to find others to help pick up some of the backlog.

That might be a good idea at this point in either case, given the large amount of people waiting for paintovers.
    The Nezumi Works Sketchbook - Now in progress

My online portfolio

Bloggity blog

"Skill is the result of trying again and again, applying our ability and proving our knowledge as we gain it. Let us get used to throwing away the unsuccessful effort and doing the job over. Let us consider obstacles as something to be expected in any endeavor; then they won't seem quite so insurmountable or so defeating." - Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    i know yall have got a lot to do, but if you manage, here's mine.
    I know the hands are messed up but the only thing that can fix that is more practice. It's the color/lighting that messes this up i think. Also general anatomy. And background.
    Anyway:
    Attachment 1020330

Thanks
    Even though I would like to show something that is in definite need of this kind of criticism; I'll wait until Algenpfleger and Janaschi have a much lighter workload, or get other really skilled people doing this. Other than that, I like this idea.
    The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I stopped using it years ago.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Zenithian Oh, and I am also a GNASH supporter/promoter.
    Nintendo Network ID: FightingSeraph

Thanks
    God damn it, why are images still being posted? The thread is a mess. People are posting like 3 images in one post!

Let's just take it easy for a while untill the artists come back.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pavel Sokov For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Sokov View Post
    God damn it, why are images still being posted? The thread is a mess. People are posting like 3 images in one post!

Let's just take it easy for a while untill the artists come back.
    Agreed. Besides, some of these have basic anatomy and composition problems that could be dealt with in their own threads.
    The Nezumi Works Sketchbook - Now in progress

My online portfolio

Bloggity blog

"Skill is the result of trying again and again, applying our ability and proving our knowledge as we gain it. Let us get used to throwing away the unsuccessful effort and doing the job over. Let us consider obstacles as something to be expected in any endeavor; then they won't seem quite so insurmountable or so defeating." - Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezumi Works View Post
    So here's an outstanding question. I know that Hannes & Jana were somehow involved with the whole TAD drama that was going on in the lounge and elsewhere. So are they simply busy with work, or are they reducing/ending their involvement with CA? If the latter, we may want to find others to help pick up some of the backlog.

That might be a good idea at this point in either case, given the large amount of people waiting for paintovers.
    Could you start another paintover thread? Maybe one with more structured rules?

Thanks
    I don't understand what is going on. At the end of page 3 I posted asking everyone to lay back and wait for the artists to catch up.
    Everyone agreed with me.
    And then produced 2 more pages of pictures, sometimes posting multiple pictures per post.

Seriosly, at least 3 paintovers should be posted before any new images are put up. I know I don't run the thread, and I already got my paintover but here is a run-through of what is happening:

*The artists are busy so they have stopped producing paintovers for an undetermined period of time.
    *Once they come back to this thread, do you think they will be more enthousiastic about re-starting their paintovers if they saw 3-5 pictures, or 2 entire pages of them?
    *The more pictures there are, the less chance they will paint over them.

Now, having said that, you can do one of two things:
    1) Post more pictures, which minimizes the chance of you getting a paintover to 0, as well as all the other posters as well.
    or
    2) You can stop posting images and wait for the paintovers to start happening again, in which case when the artists catch up your image will have a greater chance of getting a paintover later on.

Choose yourself, I'm out.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pavel Sokov For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingSeraph View Post
    Even though I would like to show something that is in definite need of this kind of criticism; I'll wait until Algenpfleger and Janaschi have a much lighter workload, or get other really skilled people doing this. Other than that, I like this idea.
    I agree..I would offer my services if I had that much confidence in my skills. however if I tried a paintover on something I could help with would anyone object?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,681 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Since Hannes and Jana aren't around anymore, I'm closing this. I'd be happy to reopen it if either of them wants. If anybody else wants start another, feel free.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10