what to do in Chicago?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

what to do in Chicago?

Hi im in chicago this week. I was wondering what there is to see in chicago regarding art tours or cool art displays.

spare some help at my Sketchbook thanks! Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've not been to Chicago for ages, so I know of few specific art related things (I'm sure a native could give you better information) but there are a lot of museums worth checking out.

The Art Institute of Chicago is a must see. They offer many tours of their works, and I think they also offer some outside of the museum. Their website will have further information.

I once took boat tour that was all about the local city architecture. There's more information here. It's very pleasant and very informative if Architecture is an art form up your ally.

There is a collection of a dozen or so Frank Lloyd Wright houses of which tours are offered a little bit outside of the city. You may have to poke around a bit but I think there's further information here.

I recommend hitting up the Field Museum also, they have a fine collection of various art and artifacts from around the world amongst their other natural science collections. And for me a trip to Chicago is not complete without seeing the Museum of Science and Industry. It's fantastic, seriously. Nothing to do with art but it's awesome.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.