IDW Call for Moderator
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Icon IDW Call for Moderator

Hey everyone, first of all my sincere apologies for not being around for the past few weeks. While I have never been the most consistent with deadlines, a recent increase in the amount of freelance work I get and with me trying to finally finish my Masters at my university I can no longer afford to take out a few hours a week to keep IDW going. Therefore, IDW is looking for a new moderator to take care of it!

Also, I have been moderating this weekly activity for about 3 years now and I think it is time someone with a fresh perspective takes over. Coming up with a new and interesting topic every week isn't an easy task.

So, if you're interested and motivated to step up and take over IDW from me please send me a PM or post in this thread. Please realize that while being a moderator for IDW can be fun at times, it takes a lot of work and dedication to put up a poll and new round every week.

Please note that I don't mean to pack my bags and leave by the back door all of a sudden. I will be around for a while to help out the new moderator and make sure everything will run smoothly once I'm gone.

And, last but not least, I'd like to thank everyone who entered IDW over the past years! I've seen a ton of great work being created each week during my time as a moderator, and I hope this will continue

Name:  IDW logo gray small.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  6.0 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yoitisi, you are an innovator and good luck on freelancing work too I hope you can complete this circle of life, all of us need completion or extinction. In honor of the orcs, by this last poll to determine who is the survival of the fittest by you, who rules this topic is in order. I understand totally where you're coming from. It'll be like the land of the forgotten if you leave the poll. All the orcs will be gone. We will all be banished, not knowing what the future has in store, with creaky joints and hungry and we will shrink and not fit in our suits anymore. Please Yoitisi, let us go out with our diginity and not be sent to the land of the lost.

Last edited by twentyone; June 22nd, 2010 at 04:20 AM.

Pixie Trick is online now Industrial Design of the Week Leader
    Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awww.... Iíll miss you as the mod for IDW! Youíve been a bit of a constant here ever since I joined CA (my goodness, thatís almost more than 2.5 years now!), and I thank you for doing such a great job. Iím looking forward to seeing you around in the future either way. Donít disappear into your work on us!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    you have done a great job Yoitisi.
    I believe it could be positive to set this last poll too, then the cycle would be complete.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahhh and I just arrived at the party! I think that you should put up this last poll, as a solute to the great gods of IDW and you of course!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone, thanks for the positive comments I hope you all get to enjoy IDW much longer after I'm gone!

I managed to find some time to put up the poll for the last round finally, so go over there and vote please! The entries deserve it.

I will get the two people I chose to be the new moderators for IDW set up soon too, so this activity can get back on track.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone,

The new moderator for IDW is going to be Pixie Trick! I have just set her up with everything she needs to get IDW going again, so expect a new topic soon. I'm going to be around for a little while to make sure things will go smoothly, but I'm fully confident that Pixie Trick is up for the challenge of taking care of IDW long after I'm gone

I'm also looking into setting up a back-up moderator to provide support and help, but since the first person I contacted for this hasn't gotten back at me yet I think I'll look for someone else. I'll post news about who this is going to be soon too.

For now, I'm glad I found someone to take over as I'd have hated to see IDW go

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.