Sketchbook: skyline's first sb ... lets see how things go

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: skyline's first sb ... lets see how things go

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

skyline's first sb ... lets see how things go

Well guys, i have been here for a while and have so far managed to avoid posting my sketchbook and the work is stacking up. i guess it is time to start posting some of my stuff so you can all help me improve my skills. most of it will be my concept art, but you never know i might post some of my fine art, photography or sculptures later on if i get round to them.
    A little about myself, i have always been an avid doodler but now i hope to take my doodles to the next level, by studying game art at norwich collage of art. i have taken inspiration from many of my favorite artists, who are in no particular order are Jenny Saville, Andrew Jones (ANDROID), James Hawkins (HAWKPREY), Toulouse Lautrec, Gustav Klimt, Feng Zhu (and other SW artists), and of course Ralph McQuarrie. These are the ones who have inspired me to create my art, but i am yet to discover my own style that i feel confident and comfertable with.
    i am having to re trace my steps, and start with some of my old work first, but i will put that at the begining to show how i got to where i am now. hope you enjoy it, and crits will be most welcome!
    here goes...

Name:  alien eye  sb starter.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  142.2 KB

Last edited by skyline; June 18th, 2010 at 10:17 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok so i have gatherd some of my old junk, not sure if it is worth showing this, but this is how i started, it isnt as old as i had hoped, but i have allot of unfinished wips that are not worth showing. have more from another computer as well as actual drawings, but i have no scanner, so i will take pics and put it up soon.
    Name:  windy.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  110.2 KB
    Name:  rouge character.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  63.3 KB
    Name:  jed des new.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  75.7 KB

Last edited by skyline; June 18th, 2010 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there. The first looks very cool, I like it, although the eye on the left (part of it) looks a bit smaller than it should be from that angle. Anyway, keep practicing because practice leads to perfection, as simple as it is. See you around.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.