Feng Zhu School of Design - Page 9

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just got accepted into the June 2012 intake at FZD!!

Is there any good housing around the school? What should I know before going?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there, I've also been accepted to FZD for the june intake. Will be happy to see you guys there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really excited to study under Feng. I know there's been some criticism in this thread, but I really have to see it for myself. When will you be moving over Masiluleke? Or are you already there?

artbrog.tumblr.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good job you two for making it in Hope you guys have a good year. What I hear from other graduates (I haven't attended yet) is the Sofia Hostel is good and is a good distance from the school. Also could you guys post your portfolios that you sent to FZD?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerodith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sure! Mine's up at artbrog.tumblr.com

My main concern with the housing is that I've heard they recently got a new location, so I'm a little confused as to where their current address is.

artbrog.tumblr.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaAndCookies View Post

My main concern with the housing is that I've heard they recently got a new location, so I'm a little confused as to where their current address is.
    Your art looks nice !
    Did you just graduate from another art school or college or is FZD your first art school?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerodith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's Pearl Hill Student Hostel, a little closer to their new location at the Amoy Street. I'm still looking for a closer one though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueEngine2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm already there. My portfolio isn't much comparatively but here it is http://jackellice.deviantart.com/gallery/29985476

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodith View Post
    Your art looks nice !
    Did you just graduate from another art school or college or is FZD your first art school?
    Thanks!! I've only studied independently so far, so FZD will be my first stab at art school. Hopefully I didn't miss out on too much of my fundamentals :p

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEngine2 View Post
    There's Pearl Hill Student Hostel, a little closer to their new location at the Amoy Street. I'm still looking for a closer one though.
    The place looks good. Where are you coming in from? It might be a good idea to share a room there.

Last edited by VodkaAndCookies; April 26th, 2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: mood was too glib.
    artbrog.tumblr.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Are those the artworks you sent to FZD, or just personal work?

Is it indeed a new location for classrooms? I thought it was just a new building for administrative offices.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also was just accepted for the June intake. Damn excited (and a little scared ).

If anyone else is interested in finding a place to stay together to save on them expenses, I'd be very interested.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by katmachiavelli View Post
    Are those the artworks you sent to FZD, or just personal work?

Is it indeed a new location for classrooms? I thought it was just a new building for administrative offices.
    I sent most of it to FZD, left a few of the super weak ones out

It looks like their new facilities are at 83 Amoy.

Quote Originally Posted by esradman View Post
    If anyone else is interested in finding a place to stay together to save on them expenses, I'd be very interested.
    Yeah, I'm looking at housing right now. Let's chat sometime! gdn.tian@gmail.com

artbrog.tumblr.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey I am for India and planing to get into FZD this october ? Anyone else from the forum applying for the October intake ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh2012 View Post
    Hey I am for India and planing to get into FZD this october ? Anyone else from the forum applying for the October intake ?
    I am. maybe we'll see each other there!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyone in the June Intake? I still plan to go to this school maybe 3 years from now and I want to know how it's going there. I feel that this thread is dying

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyone in the June Intake? I still plan to go to this school maybe 3 years from now and I want to know how it's going there. I feel that this thread is dying
    Nah, it's not dying. Some of us are just working on our applications and portfolios for the October intake, and the June intake for this year is coming up in a week. People are probably super busy at the moment and will have more to share once the semester begins.

Other than ct2ulao and Anirudh2012, am I the only other one who plans on attending this October?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am in June take, arrived Singapore around 10 days ago, just got my student visa yesterday, and also I went to the graduation show last Fri, a lot of people there, and a lot of great ideas and works, but also I've noticed that those works are from only 10-11 students(I remember there are 20+ students per class), therefore the class must be very intense, not everyone hang on to the last second....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by alantsuei View Post
    I am in June take, arrived Singapore around 10 days ago, just got my student visa yesterday, and also I went to the graduation show last Fri, a lot of people there, and a lot of great ideas and works, but also I've noticed that those works are from only 10-11 students(I remember there are 20+ students per class), therefore the class must be very intense, not everyone hang on to the last second....
    I noticed that as well.

One thing to remember is that it isn't just about making it through an intensive year of training in the school, but also about being able to get to a certain level of professionalism that is very much required to be successful in the industry.

The odds of making it into the industry are also much worse than students who don't complete their schooling.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ct2ulao View Post
    I noticed that as well.

One thing to remember is that it isn't just about making it through an intensive year of training in the school, but also about being able to get to a certain level of professionalism that is very much required to be successful in the industry.

The odds of making it into the industry are also much worse than students who don't complete their schooling.
    Everything ct2ulao just said is absolutely true. I'd like to add three things to that, though.

First, based on what has been written before, it would seem that some of the people weren't really busting their balls to do hard work and were instead either slacking or tracing. I'd imagine those people would get weeded out when things get tougher.

Second, according to the site, it would seem like the attendance requirements for international students are much higher than for Singaporean students (I think it's 90% versus 75% or something like that). If people slept in too much missed classes, I'd imagine they might be booted out of the program.

And third? BRING IT. This only makes me more excited to go to FZD. http://files.sharenator.com/Challeng...156975-580.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in the June intake. The course hasn't started yet, but if you have questions I'd be glad to answer what I can.

Nah, it's not dying. Some of us are just working on our applications and portfolios for the October intake, and the June intake for this year is coming up in a week. People are probably super busy at the moment and will have more to share once the semester begins.

Other than ct2ulao and Anirudh2012, am I the only other one who plans on attending this October?
    Good luck to you sir, hope you make it to Singapore.

I look forward to studying with you Alan. I also noticed what you noticed at the graduation show. It makes the course seem very intimidating.

artbrog.tumblr.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My class started with 16 people, 10 internationals, 6 locals. Poster 5u51n1 from the earlier pages of this thread was my classmate.

4 internationals dropped out by end of term 2, and the last guy, a local, dropped out a couple of weeks before graduation show, and so owes the government $20k (he's fucked)

Which is why we end up having only 11 gradboards up during the graduation show.

Subsequent batches after mine only started to get bigger, like 20+ students per class.

If you June 2012 batch have any further queries I'll be willing to answer them in real, in school, since I'm always visiting and have built up a pretty good rapport with your current term 3s.

- Shoemaker.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to schein For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just got accepted into the october batch!

Everyone else that is planning on enrolling to fzd... make sure you try to submit everything as early as possible. There's so much paperwork to fill up and a months worth of waiting time just to be approved for a student pass. International students should at least submit their enrollment and portfolio 2-3 months in advance so that when you get to Singapore, you are ready for the orientation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

First, based on what has been written before, it would seem that some of the people weren't really busting their balls to do hard work and were instead either slacking or tracing. I'd imagine those people would get weeded out when things get tougher.
    I thought those who traced or kind of traced soared to new heights?

I heard that's one of the ways to climb! In Uniquely Singapore

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

am in october 2012 intake as well looking for fellow FZD housemates haha

hey guys,

i've been acceptted into the October 2012 intake n currently in Singapore looking for accommodations but most of d hostels here are way beyond my budget, so i decided to try my luck Google-ing FZD students looking for housemates n it lead me here haha.

was wondering if anyone in d same batch as me are still looking for housemates. i'm also an International student, from Malaysia.

also i just dropped by d school and everyone there seem pretty friendly n helpful. d place is quite nice n convinient as well.

take care everyone n to my fellow batchmates, see u in Oct!

cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink

HI im thinking about enlisting myself for next year intake,
    is there an age limit for international students or problems due to get the visa etc..?
    I'm getting 30 next january...

Last edited by mobo; July 13th, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i don't believe there's an age limit. i'm pretty sure we have a 30+ guy in the june 2012 class and he's currently kicking everybody else's ass.

artbrog.tumblr.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i don't believe there's an age limit. i'm pretty sure we have a 30+ guy in the june 2012 class and he's currently kicking everybody else's ass.
    I'm currently more scared of being
    "the 30 year old guy that gets his ass kicked by all that young talents"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya, just wanted to apologize to anyone who has sent me a PM about housing/being potential roommates! I got the e-mail notification but CA.org is now going through some weird phase that makes my Avast antivirus cry whenever I try to access my control panel here or check my PMs. Sometimes it just whines and other times it blocks the connection. I have no idea if the ones I've sent out have actually gone through (so if you received multiple PMs from me, it's because the connection kept resetting as I tried to send each time) and the more recent ones I can't access at all. Please shoot me an e-mail at katmachiavelli@gmail.com if you've written to me about housing for the October intake

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya, just wanted to apologize to anyone who has sent me a PM about housing/being potential roommates! I got the e-mail notification but CA.org is now going through some weird phase that makes my Avast antivirus cry whenever I try to access my control panel here or check my PMs. Sometimes it just whines and other times it blocks the connection. I have no idea if the ones I've sent out have actually gone through (so if you received multiple PMs from me, it's because the connection kept resetting as I tried to send each time) and the more recent ones I can't access at all. Please shoot me an e-mail at katmachiavelli@gmail.com if you've written to me about housing for the October intake
    Actually I'm looking for a roommate too. The price of living near the school is quite high, and I'm not exactly wanting to live in a hostel for a year. So if anyone is looking for a roommate to room with and find a good and clean place message me. hopefully we can find a place that isn't too expensive! =D

Last edited by ct2ulao; August 2nd, 2012 at 04:06 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ct2ulao View Post
    Actually I'm looking for a roommate too. The price of living near the school is quite high, and I'm not exactly wanting to live in a hostel for a year. So if anyone is looking for a roommate to room with and find a good and clean place message me on here or email me at christophertulao@gmail.com. hopefully we can find a place that isn't too expensive! =D
    Yup, you're one of the guys who wrote to me about getting a place. I couldn't get to your e-mail because every time I check my PMs now my antivirus blocks CA.org :/ but I'll shoot you an e-mail soon!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 367