Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Zhu School of Design

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alantsuei View Post
    I am in June take, arrived Singapore around 10 days ago, just got my student visa yesterday, and also I went to the graduation show last Fri, a lot of people there, and a lot of great ideas and works, but also I've noticed that those works are from only 10-11 students(I remember there are 20+ students per class), therefore the class must be very intense, not everyone hang on to the last second....
    My class started with 16 people, 10 internationals, 6 locals. Poster 5u51n1 from the earlier pages of this thread was my classmate.

4 internationals dropped out by end of term 2, and the last guy, a local, dropped out a couple of weeks before graduation show, and so owes the government $20k (he's fucked)

Which is why we end up having only 11 gradboards up during the graduation show.

Subsequent batches after mine only started to get bigger, like 20+ students per class.

If you June 2012 batch have any further queries I'll be willing to answer them in real, in school, since I'm always visiting and have built up a pretty good rapport with your current term 3s.

- Shoemaker.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to schein For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I just got accepted into the october batch!

Everyone else that is planning on enrolling to fzd... make sure you try to submit everything as early as possible. There's so much paperwork to fill up and a months worth of waiting time just to be approved for a student pass. International students should at least submit their enrollment and portfolio 2-3 months in advance so that when you get to Singapore, you are ready for the orientation.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by katmachiavelli View Post

First, based on what has been written before, it would seem that some of the people weren't really busting their balls to do hard work and were instead either slacking or tracing. I'd imagine those people would get weeded out when things get tougher.
    I thought those who traced or kind of traced soared to new heights?

I heard that's one of the ways to climb! In Uniquely Singapore

Thanks

am in october 2012 intake as well looking for fellow FZD housemates haha

hey guys,

i've been acceptted into the October 2012 intake n currently in Singapore looking for accommodations but most of d hostels here are way beyond my budget, so i decided to try my luck Google-ing FZD students looking for housemates n it lead me here haha.

was wondering if anyone in d same batch as me are still looking for housemates. i'm also an International student, from Malaysia.

also i just dropped by d school and everyone there seem pretty friendly n helpful. d place is quite nice n convinient as well.

take care everyone n to my fellow batchmates, see u in Oct!

cheers!

Thanks

Wink

HI im thinking about enlisting myself for next year intake,
    is there an age limit for international students or problems due to get the visa etc..?
    I'm getting 30 next january...
    Last edited by mobo; July 13th, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks
    i don't believe there's an age limit. i'm pretty sure we have a 30+ guy in the june 2012 class and he's currently kicking everybody else's ass.
    artbrog.tumblr.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaAndCookies View Post
    i don't believe there's an age limit. i'm pretty sure we have a 30+ guy in the june 2012 class and he's currently kicking everybody else's ass.
    I'm currently more scared of being
    "the 30 year old guy that gets his ass kicked by all that young talents"

Thanks
    Heya, just wanted to apologize to anyone who has sent me a PM about housing/being potential roommates! I got the e-mail notification but CA.org is now going through some weird phase that makes my Avast antivirus cry whenever I try to access my control panel here or check my PMs. Sometimes it just whines and other times it blocks the connection. I have no idea if the ones I've sent out have actually gone through (so if you received multiple PMs from me, it's because the connection kept resetting as I tried to send each time) and the more recent ones I can't access at all. Please shoot me an e-mail at katmachiavelli@gmail.com if you've written to me about housing for the October intake

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by katmachiavelli View Post
    Heya, just wanted to apologize to anyone who has sent me a PM about housing/being potential roommates! I got the e-mail notification but CA.org is now going through some weird phase that makes my Avast antivirus cry whenever I try to access my control panel here or check my PMs. Sometimes it just whines and other times it blocks the connection. I have no idea if the ones I've sent out have actually gone through (so if you received multiple PMs from me, it's because the connection kept resetting as I tried to send each time) and the more recent ones I can't access at all. Please shoot me an e-mail at katmachiavelli@gmail.com if you've written to me about housing for the October intake
    Actually I'm looking for a roommate too. The price of living near the school is quite high, and I'm not exactly wanting to live in a hostel for a year. So if anyone is looking for a roommate to room with and find a good and clean place message me. hopefully we can find a place that isn't too expensive! =D
    Last edited by ct2ulao; August 2nd, 2012 at 04:06 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ct2ulao View Post
    Actually I'm looking for a roommate too. The price of living near the school is quite high, and I'm not exactly wanting to live in a hostel for a year. So if anyone is looking for a roommate to room with and find a good and clean place message me on here or email me at christophertulao@gmail.com. hopefully we can find a place that isn't too expensive! =D
    Yup, you're one of the guys who wrote to me about getting a place. I couldn't get to your e-mail because every time I check my PMs now my antivirus blocks CA.org :/ but I'll shoot you an e-mail soon!

Thanks
    Awesome thread guys! Very informative!

I'm from the United States and I've been beating my brain in trying to figure out how to fund going to the FZD School for about a month now. Can anyone from the US, or that has contact with someone going to the school from US tell me how and who they went through to get a loan for this? It's proven next to impossible to find a lender willing to loan such a large sum of money.

Thanks any help would be appreciated!

This might be too personal to write on the thread so I'll leave my email address just in case. ekimnrag (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks
    Hey guys, I'm also enrolled in the October 2012 intake. Hope to see you guys soon =D

Thanks
    Hey fellow FZD students/prospective students!

If you are looking for a place to stay, please email me at christophertulao@gmail.com. Katmachiavelli, frooshantay, and myself are now looking for others to join us on finding a nice, clean, and convenient place to live. Katmachiavelli is coming from Canada, frooshantay from Malaysia, and I am from USA California. We are all kind, respectful, and inspired students of art and design, and we hope you will join us!

We are currently looking at places (like Icon condominium) that are near the school. While living closer to the school may seem more expensive at face value, splitting costs between 4-6 people will bring down the price enough to make things cost-effective! So if you are interested and don't mind sharing a room in a condo/private apartment, please don't hesitate to contact us.

It will be a wonderful opportunity to room with your fellow classmates! Plus! We can workout living situations that will help both increase our productivity in-class and in dividing chores that would be much more of a hassle on your own.

Living in Singapore isn't cheap. I'm sure we can all agree to that, but by bringing a group of students together, we can split the costs evenly and efficiently!

Again, my email is christophertulao@gmail.com. Hope to hear from some of you soon!
    Last edited by ct2ulao; August 5th, 2012 at 03:20 AM.

Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast