Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Zhu School of Design

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pipboy View Post
    I understand what you mean but if the discrimination issues that people here are talking about are true, I would not want to attend there even if I am the best student there. Assuming you prepared enough to make you one of the best students there, wont you feel bad about the injustice other students are suffering from while you are being positively discriminated ?

I can understand that studying under Feng would be amazing. He is one of my heroes when it comes to concept design. I must have watched all his Gnomon DVDs a lot of times with the same excitement every time. I also heard that he is a good guy. However, I am critisizing their approach to students. I am aware that good students also advertise the school. But they can at least create different classes for different skill levels. No one should suffer from discrimination neither negative nor positive (for good students) when they are paying amazing amounts of money to be able to study there.
    I understand that it's true and know what you mean, though they aren't teachers, they're art directors. They treat you like Junior Designers, not students. You need to pull your own weight, and if you don't, they will give up on you. It's kind of like college; you will be able to see the signs if you are struggling and failing, but the professors expect YOU to be the one to pull yourself out of it.

Therefore, armed with that knowledge, you should work your ass off to make sure that you don't fall into that category so that you can benefit most.
    Many pro artists (such as Dave Rapoza) were self-taught or had shitty art school experiences and had to motivate themselves. If you are choosing not to go there because the teachers won't hold your hand if you're struggling and you don't want to work harder and work on your own learning to get out of that kind of treatment, then to be perfectly honest, that's your problem, not the school's.

Use it as a motivator. It's a competitive industry. You might feel bad because your classmates are getting harsh treatments for falling behind but honestly, you're all fighting for the same jobs. AND, from the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like you have enough time for a social life, so how other people are faring if they're worse off than you should be really inconsequential.

If it were to happen to me, I'd take it not as a blow to my ego but a kick in the pants for me to work harder. Therefore, I am not worried.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katmachiavelli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pipboy View Post
    I understand what you mean but if the discrimination issues that people here are talking about are true, I would not want to attend there even if I am the best student there. Assuming you prepared enough to make you one of the best students there, wont you feel bad about the injustice other students are suffering from while you are being positively discriminated ?

I can understand that studying under Feng would be amazing. He is one of my heroes when it comes to concept design. I must have watched all his Gnomon DVDs a lot of times with the same excitement every time. I also heard that he is a good guy. However, I am critisizing their approach to students. I am aware that good students also advertise the school. But they can at least create different classes for different skill levels. No one should suffer from discrimination neither negative nor positive (for good students) when they are paying amazing amounts of money to be able to study there.
    I understand that it's true and know what you mean, though they aren't teachers, they're art directors. They treat you like Junior Designers, not students. You need to pull your own weight, and if you don't, they will give up on you. It's kind of like college; you will be able to see the signs if you are struggling and failing, but the professors expect YOU to be the one to pull yourself out of it.

Therefore, armed with that knowledge, you should work your ass off to make sure that you don't fall into that category so that you can benefit most.
    Many pro artists (such as Dave Rapoza) were self-taught or had shitty art school experiences and had to motivate themselves. If you are choosing not to go there because the teachers won't hold your hand if you're struggling and you don't want to work harder and work on your own learning to get out of that kind of treatment, then to be perfectly honest, that's your problem, not the school's.

Use it as a motivator. It's a competitive industry. You might feel bad because your classmates are getting harsh treatments for falling behind but honestly, you're all fighting for the same jobs. AND, from the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like you have enough time for a social life, so how other people are faring if they're worse off than you should be really inconsequential.

If it were to happen to me, I'd take it not as a blow to my ego but a kick in the pants for me to work harder. Therefore, I am not worried.

Thanks
    I will be trying to go on the October intake for this year as well! Wondering where I'm going to end up living if i get accepted. But, hopefully I'll see you all there

Thanks
    Whoops, sorry for the double-post before. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ct2ulao View Post
    I will be trying to go on the October intake for this year as well! Wondering where I'm going to end up living if i get accepted. But, hopefully I'll see you all there
    I tried e-mailing Sophia Campus Ville but for some reason the e-mail is bouncing back. It seems like a good place to stay....... if only I could get in touch with the people there, that'd be awesome.

Thanks
    Hey this is definately where i would go but 54k from international students and 9k here in New Zealand is actually too expensive so i have no idea how i could afford this. But yes If I had a chance i would love Feng zu to teach me, on youtube he makes everything scientifically make sense.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by katmachiavelli View Post
    Whoops, sorry for the double-post before. My bad.

I tried e-mailing Sophia Campus Ville but for some reason the e-mail is bouncing back. It seems like a good place to stay....... if only I could get in touch with the people there, that'd be awesome.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna be visiting the school 1 month before classes start just to find a place to live.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ct2ulao View Post
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna be visiting the school 1 month before classes start just to find a place to live.
    I'm trying to respond to your PM but I get this error that says I need 10 posts to respond to your message :/

Where in the US are you from, if I may ask?

Thanks
    sounds like an interesting school.

Thanks
    TOTALLY is! The way he teches Concept art or conceptual design is really good.

Thanks
    I'll be attending their Diploma Class this June and my my interview will be on Monday. @_@ I'm planning on staying at Pearl Hill Hostel which is a lot closer to the new building.

Thanks
    Ok well I'm a IB student in high school. Is it smart that I get a loan (or just save up money) to go to this school right after I finish high school? Or should I go to a college here in America first (such as SCAD, Ringling, or Full Sail) then go to FZD school?

Seeing this school and the projects are really inspiring me to become a concept art and to get better with my art work. And also to attend the school itself. I'm only a freshman so I know it's really early to plan this out lol

Also, is it possible to be an student and have I part-time job? I've read many posts about the workload, but there would be no other way for me to have personal money unless I get it from my parents. I asked them and they said if I pay for the tuition, they would do that for me.

Hopefully I'll be able to join my dad this summer when he goes to Singapore for a business trip, I would love to see the school itself.

Thanks
    chances are if you do your homework and a chunk of extra concepting during SCAD or Ringling years, you will not need more schooling to become a concept artist as you will be one already.
    unless you're so hyped to become a Feng clone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by katmachiavelli View Post
    I'm trying to respond to your PM but I get this error that says I need 10 posts to respond to your message :/

Where in the US are you from, if I may ask?
    I'm from Orange County, California

Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast