Feng Zhu School of Design - Page 10

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome thread guys! Very informative!

I'm from the United States and I've been beating my brain in trying to figure out how to fund going to the FZD School for about a month now. Can anyone from the US, or that has contact with someone going to the school from US tell me how and who they went through to get a loan for this? It's proven next to impossible to find a lender willing to loan such a large sum of money.

Thanks any help would be appreciated!

This might be too personal to write on the thread so I'll leave my email address just in case. ekimnrag (at) gmail (dot) com

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, I'm also enrolled in the October 2012 intake. Hope to see you guys soon =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey fellow FZD students/prospective students!

If you are looking for a place to stay, please email me at christophertulao@gmail.com. Katmachiavelli, frooshantay, and myself are now looking for others to join us on finding a nice, clean, and convenient place to live. Katmachiavelli is coming from Canada, frooshantay from Malaysia, and I am from USA California. We are all kind, respectful, and inspired students of art and design, and we hope you will join us!

We are currently looking at places (like Icon condominium) that are near the school. While living closer to the school may seem more expensive at face value, splitting costs between 4-6 people will bring down the price enough to make things cost-effective! So if you are interested and don't mind sharing a room in a condo/private apartment, please don't hesitate to contact us.

It will be a wonderful opportunity to room with your fellow classmates! Plus! We can workout living situations that will help both increase our productivity in-class and in dividing chores that would be much more of a hassle on your own.

Living in Singapore isn't cheap. I'm sure we can all agree to that, but by bringing a group of students together, we can split the costs evenly and efficiently!

Again, my email is christophertulao@gmail.com. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Last edited by ct2ulao; August 5th, 2012 at 04:20 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question

Hey guys, just one question,
    i've read that you should have some money to get a health insurance,
    how much is it for an international student ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mobo View Post
    Hey guys, just one question,
    i've read that you should have some money to get a health insurance,
    how much is it for an international student ?
    All the prices are listed on the school's website. All of the payments and fees are included in the two tuition installments.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We're still looking for a 4th person to split a place with. We found a really good place walking distance from the school, but if we can find a 4th person the cost of living will be drastically lower for all of us!

The one Icon condominium we're looking at also has a gym and pool, and is super convenient. Many of the other places are If we can just get one more person it will help to drastically lower the price for each of us!

Please write to ct2ulao at christophertulao@gmail.com or myself at katmachiavelli@gmail.com if you are interested! We all have to be in Singapore by October 1st so PLEASE write back to us ASAP! That way we can all make the necessary arrangements before we arrive!

Quote Originally Posted by ct2ulao View Post
    Hey fellow FZD students/prospective students!

If you are looking for a place to stay, please email me at christophertulao@gmail.com. Katmachiavelli, frooshantay, and myself are now looking for others to join us on finding a nice, clean, and convenient place to live. Katmachiavelli is coming from Canada, frooshantay from Malaysia, and I am from USA California. We are all kind, respectful, and inspired students of art and design, and we hope you will join us!

We are currently looking at places (like Icon condominium) that are near the school. While living closer to the school may seem more expensive at face value, splitting costs between 4-6 people will bring down the price enough to make things cost-effective! So if you are interested and don't mind sharing a room in a condo/private apartment, please don't hesitate to contact us.

It will be a wonderful opportunity to room with your fellow classmates! Plus! We can workout living situations that will help both increase our productivity in-class and in dividing chores that would be much more of a hassle on your own.

Living in Singapore isn't cheap. I'm sure we can all agree to that, but by bringing a group of students together, we can split the costs evenly and efficiently!

Again, my email is christophertulao@gmail.com. Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question

It's a tough call, for that amount of money I could get a nice appartment in a major city in my country and just draw for a year watching fengs amazing online tutorials and do nothing else....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mobo View Post
    It's a tough call, for that amount of money I could get a nice appartment in a major city in my country and just draw for a year watching fengs amazing online tutorials and do nothing else....
    It's not the same thing. He only scratches the surface of what he teaches in his online videos, and skips over a ton. On top of that, you aren't getting the sort of discipline that the classroom environment provides.

Not trying to pressure you or anything; I'm just addressing that sort of mindset, which is both limiting and problematic.

But yes, it is a lot of money.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

FZD

[QUOTE=VodkaAndCookies;3481630]I'm in the June intake. The course hasn't started yet, but if you have questions I'd be glad to answer what I can.

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has dropped out yet from your June intake?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, I think there've been around 6 people who have left already, 5 locals and 1 international

;-;

artbrog.tumblr.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaAndCookies View Post
    yeah, I think there've been around 6 people who have left already, 5 locals and 1 international

;-;
    Could you give us more details about why they left?
    Was it because they weren't satisfied with the education quality or it's because of the financial problems?or maybe something else?
    Thanks for your information.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    most left because they couldn't put out and handle the workload

artbrog.tumblr.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VodkaAndCookies For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    most left because they couldn't put out and handle the workload
    So what do you think about the school?
    Is it worthy to attend?
    I'm considering going there,but I think the teachers other than Feng Zhu aren't that good. What do you think?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

FZD drop-outs

Thanks Vodka+.
    It seems a shame to drop out only after5 or 6 weeks.
    Understand one of the art directors (ZW) is a harsh taskmaster.
    Any feedback on him please?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Requesting information

I am looking for students that attended FZD Design School. I am wondering if there are any graduates from there that would share their experiences with me. I am interested in their program - specifically if they feel they received value for their time and money.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, I just got accepted for the feb 2013 batch.
    It looks like accommodation is quite...expensive? So I am probably going to end up looking for a girl roomate who also attend fzd during that time. Any one interested?

uriska.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

FZD acceptance

First of all - very best to you in your studies.

Please let me know which Country are you from?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

;-;
    Hi dear vodkaandcookies, I just got accepted and I heard how tough things are going on there, like students sleep for 2-3 hrs in average blah blah.
    Can you give me an example of how much work one need to do daily?

__________________________________________________ _______
    During the interview I actually ask the interviewer about what dumbdumb in the previous post talked about.
    It turns out that This guy wasn't telling 100% truth.
    "No dating and Relationship", it is not on the agreement, they discourage relationship between students. There are guys who get married and there is no point of interfering their personal life. They said as long as your relationship does not affect your behaviour in terms of studying and completing assignment then you will be fine.

uriska.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Anreas View Post
    First of all - very best to you in your studies.

Please let me know which Country are you from?
    I am from Canada.
    My mother language isn't english though, I speak Mandarin Chinese.

uriska.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just popped in to share a bit of the experience of FZD.

I've started FZD february 2012, right now i'm at the end of term 2 and moving into the 3rd and last term.

For those of you who are thinking of joining this school and doing some work on the side, unless you are already a professional that's just coming here to polish up skills and make some connections, you can forget it- the schedule of this school is usually thick enough that you only have enough time to just barely finish your assignments and then perhaps get a few hours of shuteye before going to school again.

It is a very, very hard school but I fully believe that coming here was the best decision I could have made when I was picking schools.

It is not just about how much you improve- and you will improve a hell of a lot in a very short period of time if you work hard, trust me- its about the industry experience the guys who teach will share with you. You get to know all the do's and dont's, what clients expects, and most importantly, the necessity and importance of design.

I had never even thought about design prior to fzd, and I was just randomly drawing characters and other generic stuff over and over, never really improving.

Yeah. FZD is definitely worth the money if you are ready to work hard for the one year that its course lasts. If you're planning to come here, I really suggest resolving any and all personal matters first. Relationships, family matters etc. If you're not ready to 100% commit, its your loss. This school is a goldmine and you can only mine it for one year. Make the best of it!

My concept art blog

Better lucky than good!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Vak For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for sharing Vak!
    Could you tell us how about the teachers other than Fang Zhu?
    Are they good at teaching?
    I like what I saw from FZD.My hesitation of attending is only about they don't have many teachers.
    Feng Zhu is great,no doubt abut it,but he is only one man(and he must some weak point).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

fzd feb 2013 intake

hey symmetry, i'm attending the feb 2013 intake as well - i'm a guy, but i'm looking to split accomodation with people too. you're welcome to add me on facebook if you want to have a chat (and anyone else too who will be in the feb intake) or message me on my deviantart
    https://www.facebook.com/shutupandwhisper
    www.shutupandwhisper.deviantart.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey symmetry, I got into the February intake too. I'm a guy - but i'm also looking to share a place with someone. Same goes for anyone else reading this who is in the Feb 2013 intake! Feel free to add me on facebook (www.facebook.com/shutupandwhisper) or say hi on deviantart (www.shutupandwhisper.deviantart.com) as i don't spend much time on forums

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I can only talk about this from my point of view, and that is that all instructors are masters at what they're teaching. I dont think I've ever felt like I wasn't getting enough from any of them, quite the opposite in fact. The student gallery speaks for itself, especially if you take into account that a lot of the students posted there had little to no art training before...

My concept art blog

Better lucky than good!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by symmetry View Post
    Hi dear vodkaandcookies, I just got accepted and I heard how tough things are going on there, like students sleep for 2-3 hrs in average blah blah.
    Can you give me an example of how much work one need to do daily?
    hey sym. i usually push 14-18 hours of work /day when class is in session, but it varies person to person. beginners have to work harder to keep up - to the point of staying up several nights in a row - and some vets manage to sleep 6 hours a night (that's a huge amount).

i look forward to seeing you at fzd. your term is looking very strong.

artbrog.tumblr.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by snd200x View Post
    Thanks for sharing Vak!
    Could you tell us how about the teachers other than Fang Zhu?
    Are they good at teaching?
    I like what I saw from FZD.My hesitation of attending is only about they don't have many teachers.
    Feng Zhu is great,no doubt abut it,but he is only one man(and he must some weak point).
    to be honest, the instructors don't matter as much as you'd think. the main deciding factor in how badass you end up is the amount of work you do, not the quality of the instructors.

with that said, the teachers are all good and do their job.

artbrog.tumblr.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys me and my friend are planing to join FZD .... any allumini can tell us about the placement of students after the course lik how many students are placed after the course whats thier average pay and stuff ... will help me a lot lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well giby I haven't finished yet but I can tell you from what I've seen the students that graduate from FZD pretty much all seem to find jobs quite readily. One of em even made it into people can fly, the guys who did bulletstorm. But keep in mind a lot of people don't make it to graduation... Quite a few actually drop out of this school because it is too hard/stressful. The program resembles something like 'navy seals' training for artists, so make sure you're ready for it if you do decide to join

My concept art blog

Better lucky than good!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Vak For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh thx for the info Vak .... lol i think we can handle the stress lol .... we wil be attending the workshop surely(tryin to get the tickets xD) i gues we wil meet u guys there ..... and can u guys send me a sample portfolio of the students who are chosen n how many students are u there totally ???

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right now the school has around 60 people, it's usually around 20 people per class, and the school supports 3 classes.

As for entry portfolios, I can tell you mine was not very impressive XD
    This school is good at turning people that have not drawn before into artists that can produce industry-level work, so you don't really need a strong portfolio. Just show them that you're not copying other people's work and that you think about what you draw vs drawing some hot chicks with guns and you're set!

My concept art blog

Better lucky than good!

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 383