Art: Concept Art2

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Concept Art2

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Concept Art2

These are some further sketches for bust concept designs. I will be doing the cheerleader zombie girl from this page. Any suggestioned welcome. I will be changing her hair a bit though, possibly ponytails or something more cheery anyway.

The guy from my last concept post is not too far from completion.mI expanded on the design and went further down with the bust so it has a lot more detail than what was originally planned.

I have a further six sketches in my new sketchbook which will get scanned in when i have completed shading on them all. Only done 2 of them so far, I just cant stop myself from shading it after I have done the outline sketch it feels unfinished if I dont shade it!!!

dfb

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the concept, however, i feel that if you stick religiously to this sketch then the sculpt will suffer. You need to soften the roundness of the shoulders, narrow the girth too. Also you need to shorten the neck and ... add some drool ;-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RandAlThor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My drawing skills aren't up to much yet, but someone else mentioned the neck. Guess i just got carried away. I will make sure the sculpt rocks don't worry on that count, I don't usually do concept sketches to be honest, i have always worked straight from my head. I have however decided to break this habit by trying to improve my drawing and getting ideas down first to try and improve the sculpts themselves. Now i just need to get the drawings right lol.

dfb

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting sketches. You may consider developing the concept a little bit more before moving towards the sculpture. There are a ton of artists out there making zombie sculpts. This is okay as long as you are really pushing the concept and bringing something new to the table.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mancub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I'd agree with that definately. Nothing special about this design I have done here, in fact you could entitle it "Just Another Zombie Sculpt". There is only so much you can with a head and shoulders though which makes it harder to pull an idea out of the bag. I am not overly worried though as this sculpt will be more for me and may not be a commercial venture. I haven't sculpted a zombie character yet so it is practice for me. The guy on the other sheet of concept art i did is a commercial venture though (nearly done now) and the concept did change as I had a few extra ideas and improved it immensely from the simple design I did originally.

Thanks,

dfb

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.