Classical art
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Classical art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Classical art

Hi, I`m Ilyas phaizulline, artist from Russia.
    My works you can see in my art gallery
    http://<a href="http://Painterilya.n...indexE.htm</a>
    I want to ask you. Do you thinking that classical art have already died. Do you think that all best works is already make?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not at all...

The period of "classical" art has passed(if you are talking about the Renaissance, or 19th century art)...

But it is only a period of time... new art(even created on this message board) will be considered classical at some point in time...the techincal skills displayed by artist like Andrew Jones, Kevin Lleweyen, Justin Kaufman, Jon Foster and so many others rival the imagination, the talent, and the ingenuity to utilize new mediums(i.e. digital) of past masters(even if some of them don't believe it)...

If you think the best work has been created already then there is nothing to strive for...and by no means has the best work ever been created...it's all subjective..what may be the best for one person may not be the best for another...

another point: Artist work hard to improve their skills to the point where they are the "best of the best", but never produce the"perfect painting"...if an artist were to ever create the"perfect painting", they would have nothing left to do, nothing left to learn, no more room to grow...

A nightmare if you ask me...

i think i answered your questions

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those look good. I don't have time to go into more detail than that right now.

I think classical art is still a good path to go on. It doesn't seem to be en vogue in the art world, but I think people still want to see it. I'm sure more people would do it if they weren't too lazy to do more work on paintings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Every since I saw some exotic prints from Russia I have come to greatly admire the artwork of Russian artists. I think Russia is the one of the few places in which "classical" art still thrives. I would love to go and study there.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.