Art Student Looking for Non-Paying Work!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art Student Looking for Non-Paying Work!

Last edited by OHealyMirkovich; June 25th, 2010 at 01:57 AM. Reason: no longer looking for work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd suggest to advertise this sort of thing with a slightly different framing, something like "looking to participate in some personal project", rather than "I work for free".

That is, looking for more people like you, only maybe not concept artists, but writer(s), which are also at the beginning of their careers, to build a portfolio together. And maybe eventually even make some direct profit from it, rather than just plainly giving profit to someone else. Which I don't think that makes sense at all.

The closest thing that I think is still worthwhile would be for some philanthropic project, but otherwise I don't see much more sense in working for free for as a beginner when your employer/slave master will profit from it, than simply making plain donations in cash to commercial enterprises, or airing self-made advertisements of their products on youtube or something.

That's all intended to be constructive criticism or advice, not to offend or discourage, I hope that's clear.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Danniel View Post
    I'd suggest to advertise this sort of thing with a slightly different framing, something like "looking to participate in some personal project", rather than "I work for free".

That is, looking for more people like you, only maybe not concept artists, but writer(s), which are also at the beginning of their careers, to build a portfolio together. And maybe eventually even make some direct profit from it, rather than just plainly giving profit to someone else. Which I don't think that makes sense at all.

The closest thing that I think is still worthwhile would be for some philanthropic project, but otherwise I don't see much more sense in working for free for as a beginner when your employer/slave master will profit from it, than simply making plain donations in cash to commercial enterprises, or airing self-made advertisements of their products on youtube or something.

That's all intended to be constructive criticism or advice, not to offend or discourage, I hope that's clear.
    Danniel: You have some valid points, but I donīt agree fully with you.

Working for free can be a good opportunity for artists to get into the business. Itīs not like a company will easily hire newbies, so working for free can be a way to get noticed. Later, when you have more experience, you can charge for it. Plus, all employers/future entrepreneurs donīt have the money to pay those they hire.
    Those employers just need help to finish a project, and they should be able to hire anyone for free that agrees to do that.
    Also, thereīs a difference between scammers and people who canīt pay for otherīs services, but still wants help from artists.
    Let people decide for themselves if they want to work for free or charge for it. Weīre all adults here.

-In short, working for free is fine, as long as the employer agrees to give a profit share or set amount of pay when the full project is finished. Reasonable terms for the employer and the artist/s should be agreed upon before the artist starts working.
    If that condition is met, I see no problem with accepting free help from people as an employer.

Just wanted to say this. Letīs not make this thread into an discussion.

OHealyMirkovich: Iīm definitely interested in working with you.
    Iīll get in touch with you soon.

Last edited by Maneo; June 22nd, 2010 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ..hi danniel.im looking for someone like you.can you bring new ideas out of a hat?are you willing to help create and create and create and create because up till now ive been working on this alone? then lets talk by email.ive got a proposal.

box

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.