Custom brush study
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Custom brush study

Finally done!

Used a tutorial in a book I bought about creating custom brushes to get a little more texture into my pieces. Reference used. Any helpful critiques will definitely be appreciated, especially about general facial anatomy and setting up your sketch to be proportional and all that. Thanks!

P.s. Hai, long time lurker, here.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice, and kind of wierd in a strange way, you have just captured the likeness of a friend of mine, her name is Deb. Wierd huh? maybe not so much.
    I like it though, good job.

Mah ' Crub

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,375 Times in 3,596 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Feels nice, loose and fresh.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like this as well.
    Since you mentioned facial anatomy, here's some little things I see.
    - Her nostrils look not quite right in placement (of course, hard to tell if that's what the ref actually looks like). Perhaps they could be nudged over to her left a bit?
    - That skin toned line on the corner of her mouth seems random. Also overall I wish you could have rendered the lips out just a bit more or at least done some cleaner outlines like you did elsewhere on the face.
    - I'm feeling like she's missing a divot under the nose, but it may just be how the face was lit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gorgeous piece

As for critique - I agree with wooblood about the nose. What i *think* it is is that the end of the nose hasn't really been included in the tilting of the head, in otherwords, it sort of looks as though it has turned itself to face the viewer if that makes any sense!
    Its not drastic, it just leads me to believe that if i saw this girl from the front, her nose would be in a sort of 'J' shape or a backwards 'L'.

Also, the white stroke on the left of the lip seems a little out of place and is bugging me alot because it seems like some leftover food (or maybe even a piercing) that I just want to wipe away! But perhaps this is just my odd opinion, perhaps it fits well for others

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.