Help to buy a good scanner to scan my drawings :)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb Help to buy a good scanner to scan my drawings :)

hi friends, i'm going to buy a scanner to scan my pencil drawings and also it will be used to scan color drawings....the size of my drawing/painting paper is 30cm X 30cm .......currently i'm using my phone camera to get the pictures but it doesn't give accurate results......so i need to get a good scanner to scan my drawings and keep them in my computer hard....so i'm looking for a good brand which is durable and gives good results .......any advice would be much appreciated thanx

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    any one

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Epson or Canon has pretty decent scanners. Make sure they're flat bed and are good with allowing you to bend/scan a book.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    Epson or Canon has pretty decent scanners. Make sure they're flat bed and are good with allowing you to bend/scan a book.
    ohh thanx a lot mate .....i'm going to buy this one ......seems pretty good to my purpose

Canon LiDE 100

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Be careful in choosing just any scanner agrmrs, Epson and Canon are both great brands of photo equipment, but you are probably better off by choosing a selected range of products like these based on

• affordability (what do you and don't you need for your work)
    • range of function
    • color depth and resolution for final input/output
    • density range (reproduction between light and dark values, shadow detail)
    • capabilities of it's packaged software to control the quality of scans and capture the best image data during the scanning stage, rather than after you've imported it into Photoshop is a GREAT part of choosing a scanner.

Epson Perfection 4870 Photo Scanner

I recommend the Epson Perfection 4870 Photo Scanner for professional results and features at a price closer to home desktop scanners. In my shopping experience and the type of work I do as an illustrator (pen & ink on paper scanned to Photoshop), I've had to find a fine line between what is affordable, the key functions I need in a scanner to produce sufficient image results, image detail & quality, speed and reliability.

I believe the 4870 has all the necessary capabilities for image reproduction towards professional print standards, the hardware and software is enough to capture sufficient detail even for the user who doesn't have a great deal of digital imaging experience.

Optical Density of 3.8, this is the dynamic range of the scanner.
    Built-in 6-by-9-inch transparency unit to accommodate film and 35mm.
    4,800 x 9,600 dpi resolution
    Software: Epson Scan Scanning Software; ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR software, and Electronic Reference Guide; CD-ROM with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0; CD-ROM with LaserSoft SilverFast SE 6

The Epson Perfection v600 Photo Color Scanner

Resolution: 6400 x 9600 dpi for enlargements up to 17" x 22"
    Scan dimensions: up to 17" x 22"
    Scan slides, negatives and medium–format panoramic film — built-in Transparency Unit
    Remove the appearance of dust and scratches from film — DIGITAL ICE for Film
    Restore faded color photos with one touch — Epson Easy Photo Fix included
    Quickly complete any task — instantly scan, copy, scan-to-email and create PDFs with four customizable buttons

Comes With:
    Perfection V600 Photo color scanner
    Transparency unit (built into lid)
    Film holders for: 35mm film and mounted slides & 6 x 22 cm medium-format film
    Scanner software CD-Rom
    Adobe Photoshop Elements DVD
    Start Here poster
    Hi-Speed USB 2.0 cable
    AC adapter and power cable

A sample of my work: Rendered pen & ink drawing on paper with transparent color overlays in Photoshop, I glaze using layers like Maxfield Parrish.

For any other deals and advice on purchasing digital imaging products, feel free to contact me at afdigitalstudio@odesk.com

765 Imaging: Photo Retouching, Image Editing, find a Freelance Retoucher for your next project.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to soulmakossa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by soulmakossa View Post
    Be careful in choosing just any scanner agrmrs, Epson and Canon are both great brands of photo equipment, but you are probably better off by choosing a selected range of products like these based on

• affordability (what do you and don't you need for your work)
    • range of function
    • color depth and resolution for final input/output
    • density range (reproduction between light and dark values, shadow detail)
    • capabilities of it's packaged software to control the quality of scans and capture the best image data during the scanning stage, rather than after you've imported it into Photoshop is a GREAT part of choosing a scanner.

Epson Perfection 4870 Photo Scanner

I recommend the Epson Perfection 4870 Photo Scanner for professional results and features at a price closer to home desktop scanners. In my shopping experience and the type of work I do as an illustrator (pen & ink on paper scanned to Photoshop), I've had to find a fine line between what is affordable, the key functions I need in a scanner to produce sufficient image results, image detail & quality, speed and reliability.

I believe the 4870 has all the necessary capabilities for image reproduction towards professional print standards, the hardware and software is enough to capture sufficient detail even for the user who doesn't have a great deal of digital imaging experience.

Optical Density of 3.8, this is the dynamic range of the scanner.
    Built-in 6-by-9-inch transparency unit to accommodate film and 35mm.
    4,800 x 9,600 dpi resolution
    Software: Epson Scan Scanning Software; ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR software, and Electronic Reference Guide; CD-ROM with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0; CD-ROM with LaserSoft SilverFast SE 6

The Epson Perfection v600 Photo Color Scanner

Resolution: 6400 x 9600 dpi for enlargements up to 17" x 22"
    Scan dimensions: up to 17" x 22"
    Scan slides, negatives and medium–format panoramic film — built-in Transparency Unit
    Remove the appearance of dust and scratches from film — DIGITAL ICE for Film
    Restore faded color photos with one touch — Epson Easy Photo Fix included
    Quickly complete any task — instantly scan, copy, scan-to-email and create PDFs with four customizable buttons

Comes With:
    Perfection V600 Photo color scanner
    Transparency unit (built into lid)
    Film holders for: 35mm film and mounted slides & 6 x 22 cm medium-format film
    Scanner software CD-Rom
    Adobe Photoshop Elements DVD
    Start Here poster
    Hi-Speed USB 2.0 cable
    AC adapter and power cable

A sample of my work: Rendered pen & ink drawing on paper with transparent color overlays in Photoshop, I glaze using layers like Maxfield Parrish.

For any other deals and advice on purchasing digital imaging products, feel free to contact me at afdigitalstudio@odesk.com
    thanx a lot mate really helpful and informative.....thanx again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have an additional question. On that V600, is the lid removable for full bed scanning? I have not been able to locate information that tells me one way or the other. The images I've found showed me that the cable for the lid is in fact NOT removable which leads me to believe its going to cause me problems. If anyone has a v600 and can vouch for its lid, please speak up.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Rex View Post
    I have an additional question. On that V600, is the lid removable for full bed scanning? I have not been able to locate information that tells me one way or the other. The images I've found showed me that the cable for the lid is in fact NOT removable which leads me to believe its going to cause me problems. If anyone has a v600 and can vouch for its lid, please speak up.
    I saw the v300 on Amazon and it said the lid is about 180 degrees in mobility.

http://amzn.com/B001GBKTGM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah i saw a v500 at staples in my research yesterday and the lid was removable. But the cable for the top light was also removable on that model. The cable on the v600 is not and it worries me. We need to be able to scan large pieces in sections.

Members who have read this thread: 4