Need a degree to work different countrys ?

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Need a degree to work different countrys ?

Hey guys I have a question regardings degrees in art.

I am interested in doing art as a side thing and commercial art as a job I like(concept art, illustration, maybe make up artist,animation)

I am currently finishing a college deploma(3 year) in Illustration and design.

I am not sure I want to go to school longer but if I do I feel I am more interesting on getting more knowledge I am not really interested in getting a BA or BFA or BAA degree.

But I am interested if I need it for working overseas.

Here is my question. With just a College diploma can I work in different countrys ? France, England, California, Japan, Hong kong etc.

I am the kind of guy who likes to move every 2-3 years to a new place. For compagny and or freelance job do I actually need a university degree or a college degree is an off ?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I check the thread about the reality of college and it said you need a degree but I wanted details waiter its college degree or university degree, or if just some university without getting the Ba or even just a certificate in university is an off. Because me my goal is. Doing art without having to worry about not beign able to work in a country because of degree problems

I am in canada and I am studying in canada now.

3year college= college degree
    3 year university= BA Degree

Ontarion
    4 year=university ba degree

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Jeffry
    I know that for us Canadians there's a special TN visa to work in the States, it makes things easier. I believe that concept art would fall into their graphic design category and their minimum requirement is "Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree; or Post-Secondary Diploma or Post-Secondary Certificate, and three years experience" (wikipedia).
    Otherwise a bachelor's degree would be very helpful when you want to get a visa.
    But there's always the example of Marko. As long as your employer can prove that you have exceptional and unique talent in your field.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Xin I will check out the link you sended me. As you know between us. I am not interested in the Ba unless It will be necessary for travelling and other stuff

and yeah the negative thing about art jobs are(for some) the up and downs, but the positive is that you can pretty much work everywere if you do have the skills and the knowledge

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    search polycount.net forums, they have a thread called working in the US for Canadians or smthg,
    basically
    unless you have a BA _or_ 8 years of fulltime experience that you can prove, you're screwed for the US.
    Some people @ polycount shared both success/sad stories.

Things will be probably easier with Japan, but if you aren't a good Japanese speaker and don't have some mindblowing skills, you don't get much chance there.
    The market is hard to get in, local talent is amazing and wages are about 30 % lower than Canadian ones, keep that in mind.

Spending 3/4 years for BA is not much fun, but at least it's CHEAP in Canada.

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks Ikken,

do you have a Ba or college degree ? have you worked in canada/us or europe or asia ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Depending on where you want to go/what you want to do, getting a working holiday visa could be an option, but that's not a renewable thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    anyhow this is good info for me. because sometime you have to plan part of your dreams in advence.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.