Getting Corel with my Tablet? And Scanning tips?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Getting Corel with my Tablet? And Scanning tips?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Getting Corel with my Tablet? And Scanning tips?

Hey there fellas.

I've tried to make a sketchbook here before but I couldn't fit it within the file size so after that I kind of just went "Ok, forget it."

But now I'm back!

My art teacher gave me a tablet and told me that if I go on the site after getting the drivers and stuff I'd be able to get Corel so I can edit my scans so they don't look like shit.

It's a bamboo fun, and I've been looking around on the site. http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_fun.php
    And I haven't been able to find it, maybe I just missed it and it's there, I wouldn't be surprised.

I found a corel download for intuos4 but that's not for the bamboo! D:

If anybody knows where the download is, or if I'm able to that'd be a great help.

Also, I've tried editing my scans with the scanner, which don't come out to good, is there a free program that'd I'd be able to get a higher quality scan then these?

The ink comes out ok but it's really hard to see the pencil.

Any help would be appreciated!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I know that Intuos4 users were given a website which came with the package. I don't know if you bought yours new or used (since the teacher gave you one), but usually it will come with a CD for software. It also depends on the Bamboo you bought because certain ones came with software packages and others did not if I remember correctly. It also may list the site to download software on the box.

You can try the privileges section and register for warranty to see if you get links.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I believe, and the site suggests, that the Bamboo comes packaged with an installation DVD which includes Corel Painter Essentials 4 (which is a watered down version.)
    You can download a 60 day trial here

As far as the scanning goes, you may be able to get to more setting by changing to a "professional" mode, rather than home or office (I know Epson scanning software has these options, you may find something similar in other brands)
    You should scan in photograph mode, rather than document, line or text.
    You should turn off any options that give you auto color correction, auto contrast, auto sharpen, etc.
    This will give you more range in the greyscale.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.