The Share Your Dream From Last Night Thread - Page 5
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Share Your Dream From Last Night Thread

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ok,so what's that called then?

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote from my dream last night: "If I had my way, you'd both go to prison, even if it meant that I had to reattach both of your heads myself!"

I said that to a pair of mischievious, irritating, but ultimately lovable Harry Potter-esque twins. They were both perfectly alive, but their heads were separate from their bodies. There was no explanation in their dream as to why they were headless, but I knew in the dream that at one point their heads had gone missing, but now they'd found them again.

Also in the dream, I: rode my bicycle around a fictionalized version of my neighborhood, which was divided up into several different territories, each associated with a certain well-known bicyclist (also fictional); wrote a letter of complaint to a motor home manufacturer, because they had changed the design of a motor home I'd had as a child and it ruined my sense of nostalgia; tried to infiltrate someone's secret lair, though I don't remember much of this part of the dream.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Moai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SO I have been playing Dead Rising 2 recently, so I would assume this is where my brain started off.

I was in the middle of a small rural setting/ outside area in the Australian bush, along a stretch of highway. The "Town" consisted of a few buildings on a hilly type area, providing some level of view of the land until it leveled out across the road.

there were Zombies. Not sure why, but there were and it seemed that they had been around for awhile. Society or at least the town areas were not too surprised when they showed up.

My brain started merging videogame mechanics to my dream because Every time i would die trying to save everyone, i would restart again, trying another approach with little or no success.
    Shortly after trying to save everyone, the human population turns on me. No idea why but I felt it was because of something i did. maybe i let the zombies to us? I don’t know, but i would then need to escape from the area and into the wild bush, that was teeming with zombies and characters who were practically right from "The Road".

Through one of my "lives" it became apparent to me that i was in a groundhog day situation, yet many acts of the day couldn’t be prevented (Zombies, people turning on me) yet i could only get more prepared for what the day would throw at me.
    There is a old Woman and her Granddaughter, who i meet at in the bush, their house is relatively fine and there is nothing to stop zombies or anyone from approaching. She is some sort of Botanist/Psychic and can read minds.

Because of her i have someone who understands the plight my dream me is in, being able to read and verify I am having some repetitive loop experience. i think every time i met her she would know our conversations from the last meeting.(even though every time i met her, it was for the first time.)

Towards the end of the dream, I was being ferried to and from places by people who wanted to help me clear my name (no idea what there was that needed clearing) who managed to take me back to the stating town/area.

While I was gone it had become defended by a near militant group level of people. Basically Mad Max type characters. They promised to take the Humans in the area to their bigger and better base in exchange for safety and protection. No one else sees that these people are only stealing resources and manpower so they can abuse people and take slaves/food.
    And if they weren’t bad enough these "road warriors" were secretly cannibals.

DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUN

Pretty much ended on that revelation, while the majority of the townspeople where being loaded onto a truck, (all believing they would get somewhere safer) heading to the Cannibal road warrior's slaughterhouses.

Best I can figure the elderly Psychic and i must then go devise a way to rescue the people still in the village awaiting transport to the slaughterhouses and storm the high military grade defenses that the Road warriors have amassed.

I loved this dream so much; I’m so going to make something from it. Most entertaining and clear one in a while, and was just like watching/being in a movie.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Liam Harvey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Harvey View Post
    SO I have been playing Dead Rising 2 recently, so I would assume this is where my brain started off.
    Same goes for me!

I had a strange dream last night where I constantly wanted to stick two large woodplanks into the head of several persons I met in the dream. I wanted the wood to stick out left and right, so I could use them to push my way through my classroom...

man, i guess am a psycho. O_o but at least I've got a Krankenschwester as my mother.

Last edited by Mansoneyes; November 10th, 2010 at 06:24 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mansoneyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Had a dream the other night, during the 'intermission' between the main dream I got thrown into a room full of easels... Placed in a ring. And in the middle of the ring was a figure covered in a bath robe.
    Then someone yelled "RIGHT FELLAS, TIME TO DRAW!"
    and the bathrobe fell, and they turned
    And it was one of my characters.

It was really, really weird.

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have been having a lot of strange dreams recently. Something in the water maybe?
    The other day I dreamt that I had to share a prison cell with Killer Croc from Arkham Asylum. In the dream I thought to myself "As he is a big fella he must also have big turds". So whenever he went to the bathroom I could hear the loud sound of a quarry being filled in.
    This is why I shouldn't play computer games...

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Had an interesting one a few nights ago...

It started at my grandparents property, acreage, near their very old mango tree (older than I am and almost 3 stories tall). Pieces of space junk started to fall out of the sky, and i ran to investigate them, they were getting gradually more and more interesting/salvagable. But then i look up and see an asteroid heading for me. So i try to run away from the impact zone, but as i run i realize that there is no chance of me surviving, and i accept the inevitability of my death. As the shockwave hits me, everything turns white, and i think "well, this isn't so bad".

I then wake up in a dumpster and GIR* finds me while looking for something else, and feeds me some maggoty slush before wandering off. I ponder my circumstance for a while until my alarm wakes me up.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karma militia For This Useful Post:

Gavage is offline Aim for the head. That's where the pudding is. Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was reading an article in a scientific magazine about how Marilyn Monroe would wear contact lenses made of white wine.

Before that a few nights ago, I was a member of the Royal Family and I had this malicious dwarf brother of a Prince who was always trying to kill me; there was a fight from which I emerged victorious after drowning him in a large tin of magnolia paint.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gavage For This Useful Post:

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    amongst others i dreamt that i fled a secret underground laboratory (prob. with zombies) in an escape pod,but i only managed to land a few meters from it in some park, where i heard on the radio that i was now wanted by government for some reason, so i ran around in that park with some fat fbi agents on my back. i distinctly remember one huffing/puffing and behind me saying "how can he be so fit?". weird.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Carnifex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dreamt I'd bit the bullet and contacted my dad Via facebook, we got talking about the fact he was becoming a transvestite and he began asking me about make-up and fashion.
    Took me hours after waking up to realize it never happened.

Last edited by Naidy; September 30th, 2010 at 04:56 PM.

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    An hour ago I dreamt that I woke up at my aunt's bedroom, but it felt like it was my bedroom where i was sleeping. So I realized that i was dreaming. I woke up for a second and fell asleep again. I got back to that same dream again and when i woke up again i was sleep paralyzed, it seemed that I couldnt move forever, scared a fucking shit out of me. I thought i was going to die. Its 5 am right now and I'm too afraid going back to bed because of that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Once had a dream I woke up, it was really realistic.

I could even see the light streaming through my room, the wrinkles on me sheets. The mess of clothes and sketchpads on the floor.

Then, the bed groaned slightly, at this time I had a bunkbed, and it seemed like someone was climbing up them.
    I lay there, too tired to move. After a few seconds this girl was leaning over me, proceeded to clamp her hands around my neck and I woke up struggling for breath.
    The dream was totally a rip off of the Ring though. xD

Last edited by Naidy; October 16th, 2010 at 04:50 PM.

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I dreamed about this strange but picturesque town built at the side of a large cliff wall. There was this large crack in the cliff wall and I think some stairs or something was built there. I remember getting a good view of the town from afar and still remember the design. I might have to try to draw that town...

EDIT: also, I dreamed about an enormous toilet filled with dead, enormous, spiders.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Serpian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It seems like all dreams about toilets make them really manky or just in a room filled with people. Never heard of ones filled with dead spiders though.
    xD

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had a beard and I shaved it off because my boyfriend was coming to pick me up from my mom's house. But when I shaved it, my face looked fatter and I had three chins underneath my man beard. My sister and mom were like "why did you shave? You look ugly." And...I was sad.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JJacks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last night I dreamed that I was moving furniture for a film. The art PA that had a garage had been fired and no one told me, so I was trying to cram these couches and things into my apartment.

Which for some reason had 1970s wood paneling and one of those old electric fire places.

I have no idea.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MiniGoth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was with a shaman in kind of desert area. There were few dry trees.
    The shaman let me die hundreds times and resurrect.
    It was like the shaman snaps fingers then my body disappeared instantly, I only felt the emptiness or total oneness, and come back.
    The shaman never said a word to me but, my intention delivered to him. He stopped.
    What I felt from the shaman was: "Son, you see, now you know the death, then move on!"

28. The Following User Says Thank You to k2mountain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    First dream involved me going to a meetup for Emilie Autumn in an airport-sized convention center. We didn't know where everyone was at first, but eventually we found each other and had tea.

Second one was flipping weird. I had this after I went to the bathroom to take a piss and then got to bed again to "rest". It had a RPG game-like setting. I was friends with ninja-like people, but then I had to escaped this island thing because we had conflicting opinions about things.

>_>

Yeah.

Oh, and the convention center thing was almost like a consumer show of some sort. I remember walking (in dream-land) to a electronic shop and I actually asked someone if they could clean the dust out of my laptop for me. The guy said "Sure... That'll be 1000 dollars".

=_='

Then I was like "No thanks". XD This is somewhat based on reality because I've been wanting to clean out my laptop, but it's so different from cleaning desktops so I'm a bit scared.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to velderia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last night I literally had a dream within a dream. I dreamed of going to sleep, and then I dreamed of dreaming of a magical snowglobe that that had a mangaray, octopus, and...some other sea animal. And Mrs. Clause, I think...And then I woke up (in-dream) to discover that my mom had the same dream as me. Aaand somewhere down that road I woke up in real life.

This had nothing to do with Inception.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuroyue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't remember my dreams too easily, but I recall one where me, David Bowie and Crash Bandicoot had a fight in a hotel.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Slothboy3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Two nights ago I was a samurai... but i was very scared. Me and some other samurai had to protect something like a house from our enemies, who also were samurai. All my allies got out of the house and got killed and I just stayed behind, because i was too afraid to go out. There were some women and children inside with me, so when the enemy stormed in I cried out the name of their general in some sort of a challenge. It was in japanese (I don't know a single word, but it sounded like that), but i understood what i said, it was something like "I submit before you, but please, spare the women and the children". The enemy general agreed and ordered all his men out (they were about to kill everyone (maybe killing children doesen't make a lot of sense for a samurai, but it was a dream, so not everything was logical)). He then called his personal physicians who took care of some wounded woman. I thanked him and knelt, knowing what was supposed to happen next. He got his sword and beheaded me... it was strange, for a moment everything turned blue, then black and there was some strange sound that lasted less than a second. I woke up. It was one of the most odd dreams I have ever had. Even if I acted as a coward, I showed some bravery in the end and saved these people. I kind of felt good thinking about it. It's really strange, but it was so real.

Last edited by Vari; November 19th, 2010 at 05:18 PM.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Vari For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dreamt last night I wound up in France during the middle of the French revolution, and I noticed loads of my classmates were roaming around in the middle of danger. So to stop them getting killed, I rounded them up like sheep and herded them to the outskirts of Paris.

I stopped once I got to the country side, we were just near the ruines of a cottage when from the ash, like a pheonix, ROSE PROFFESOR SNAPE. He swooped above is in the air, pulling some seriously buggered up faces and speaking backwards. Everyone around me treated it like some miracle.
    Just before I woke up, I remmember furrowing my brows in confusion and saying.
    "I better be asleep, because this is just too fucked up to be real."

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How did a group of us appeared in Hell? who knows?

We were all standing before Satan who is floating in front of us.

The place was engulf in flames and smokes (obviously)

I stood there staring and then bowed before him to show my respect.

While i bowed, he killed everyone around

except for me, this girl, and one other guy.

The one that were killed were exploded

behind a glass wall so we can see them die.

One of them explode into a dead chicken (this obviously represent fear)

The other one explode into a dead pig (if i remember correctly and obviously some sort of meaning behind "pig")

The third one that was killed was too blurry to remember.

That leaves three of us standing left.

We three stood their calmly and quiet.

He float there staring at us with a smile rubbing his chin.

He stared especially at me.

Dream ended.

Now that i think about the dream and who that Satan looked like...

...it gave me this feeling of looking into the mirror..

Yo Yo YO Panel of the Week POW

Needs Critique CrimsonBows

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

40. The Following User Says Thank You to SalOnimaruRem For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did you just write your dream in poem form, Oni Rem?
    If so, I'm seriously impressed.

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I took my cousins to New York City, but this NYC was much different. It was smaller, trashier, and there was farm land in the middle of it; in order to cross this farm land most people walked through a building of corridors to get to the other side. There was a West Greenwich Village, but it was trashier as well, polluted with drug dealers and porn shops even more than the real one. I woke up soon after suggesting traveling to Chinatown.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last night, I dreamed that I was getting some sort of indication that hundreds or even thousands of people were subscribing to my new web comic "The Science Dimension." Of course I was highly pissed off when I realized it was a dream.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Naidy I love poem and i had no idea i was writing it in poem form lol
    i have another, will post it later

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was from last night.

This Asian girl was sitting in front of me looking down and sad.

She began taking off her mask showing the face underneath it.

There were more than one mask she was wearing.

She kept taking her mask off one by one still looking down and sad.

I don't know how many mask she took off

but every time a mask came off

she was still as beautiful as before.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 378 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This is just a really, really, rough example and I'm not sure if I'll paint a more realistic version but I had a (another!) weird dream that somehow involved a hospital of some sort, publicly funded, in a slightly futuristic setting, that had patients in red-glowing containers sleeping upright. The lighting was weird. The setting started out normal, but as I explored the hospital building it started to get more Silent Hill-ish. Unlike Silent Hill though, it was more crowded and the people weren't exactly hostile, just kind of miserable.

Name:  sloppyexampleweb.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  58.4 KB

And I think it was somehow subconsciously inspired by this: http://wecookart.com/forum/gallery/i...2&image_id=508 Because some of the patients actually looked similar to that. Like some parts of their bodies were recovering, kind of like in the new Hotwire comics where Alice recovers an arm or something but the containers they were in were glowing red.

Yeah, freaky dream.

Kind of hoping to get more of those.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to velderia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some of these dream stories are actually very inspirational for painting I'm goign to check on this thread more often

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.