The Share Your Dream From Last Night Thread - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was in a falling elevator... but then I thought "hey, I'm in a dream, so I'm just gonna think I'm somewhere else, so I'm not gonna die"

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,486 Times in 3,692 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    People can be folded like penknives.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was on a train looking out of the window and these wizards were defending the train from a luchador wrestler attack. The wrestlers were Jumping from out of no where onto the side of the train, whilst the wizards defended the train by zapping the lucha's heads, thus turning their heads into chicken heads...something like that...

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I dreamt I rode a tiger and punched giant monsters in the face. It was pretty awesome. :o

Later on the tiger rode on my back. And for some reason I decided to leave home and go on a journey or something. And I had to pass through a lot of people. And I tried to avoid them because I thought that if I got too close the tiger would attack them. But they kept stepping out in front of me and told me I was following them. But after going a bit I thought I couldn't keep doing this, because if the tiger did something bad I probably couldn't live with myself. And I had to get on with my life and get better at drawing. So I sent the tiger back to the Zoo.

Last edited by tobbA; June 10th, 2010 at 04:06 PM.
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Last night I dreamed that I was a shrub, a long, low one, by a road, and I was being painted.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TASmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the one i remember right now that was totally awesome,was when i became aware that i was dreaming. i was at some guys house,and suddenly people were yelling "the beckhams are coming! the beckhams are coming",and then brangelina turned up...and at some point inbetween i suddenly realized "hey,i'm in a dream...look at your hands,go on man";so i consciously looked at my hands and suddenly could control my movements. it was the most awesome thing ever;i started running around the house (which was fucking beautiful,with wooden panels), and hid behind a corkscrew staircase and some plants when i realized someone approaching...time passing,it became very difficult to maintain controll though,as everything was hyper-realistic,with aftereffect images turning up everywhere,and me consciously realizing that the dream was trying to make me lose control. so after the staircase thingy,i woke up. still fucking cool.
    right now i can't remember other ones,but i have some written down somewhere...

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carnifex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had a strange dream-related experience last night. The only image I remember from the dream itself is a diagram of circles expanding and contracting, but for whatever reason I woke up feeling almost panicked, and had to get up, drink a glass of water, and take a few deep breaths before I could go back to sleep. Hmmm...geometric imagery in dreams, followed by a feeling of panic. Rather Lovecraftian, no?

I have a bit of a history of experiences like this. As I'm falling asleep, or not long after I go to sleep, feelings of panic, dread, fear of suffocation, or feelings of "terrible knowledge" will come over me. Any dream images, if there are any, are usually completely benign. I experienced this mostly in my preteen and early teen years, and aside from last night's experience and one about six months ago, it's been several years since I experienced it. Strange stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I found some old dreams from high school on my old external drive...

I was for some reason infiltrating a Soviet Base. I snuck all around until I reached this metal door with a fence, and i had my pistol out. Watching as people and soviet soldier marched, I shot my gun at one's head and killed him; this spread horrible alarm to the rest of the camp. Just then another guy stopped me, he was on my side. He wore a black shirt with blue flames, had a bit of a moustache and a goatee, spikey black hair and bushy eyebrows.... and said hi just as a flood of soviet guards came up behind us. They pointed their guns at us and ordered us on our knees as one of the guards put his pistol to my head. At first the guards raised AK 47s and aimed them at us, saying they would shoot right then. But then the leader told them that we were to travel with them to some palace looking place to be executed. This place, by the way, had huge steps and big pillars as well... almost like an upsized Lincoln Memorial but without Lincoln. The Soviets behind us talked and talked about how they were going to kill us, and my partner slipped some animal crackers from his sleeve and spilled them on the floor... this was a perfect opportunity. I got up telling them I was required to report spills and accidents to the driver. When I was up there, Alex was the driver. I told him about how I needed help, because as soon as I stepped off the bus I would have a bullet in my brain. Whenever the bus got quiet, I would start talking about the incident with food. I was in the front seat still when we got there. Me and the other executee as well as some other people rushed up the stairs as the Soviets called for reinforcements. There was a bit of gunfire, and I woke up.

==

At night I was staring at my computer screen with no lights on as my mother stood by the sink. The door kept blowing open unexplainedly. Then, All the sudden it blew open with this horribly brilliant light accompanied with a disgusting growling noise, making unintelligable noises. I saw before me this symbol of a circle with many dancing flames around it like the sun, and then I felt something hit me like a spear plus a ton of bricks. I started growling and my eyes glowed red for just a second. Mom screamed "what the helll!!!" It hurt really really bad, I was moving and shaking uncontrollably and I ran outside, up the hill, just running and running.... this thing wanting me to do things, trying to tell me what to do, trying to control me, though I tried as hard as i could to control it. I felt... black. Like I blended in with the night, so it appeared for only a few seconds, but then my body returned to normal.

---

"Twisted by the dark side, young Artist has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... consumed by Deviantart."
    Please, visit my SB ~ N E C R O S K E T C H I K O N ! [Updated :: November 2011]
    My DeviantArt Profile: http://dyspezzia.deviantart.com/
    My Portfolio:
    http://www.pezzworks.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 516 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Last night I released my Mom's cats into the wild.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...i dont think i want to share mine...mostly violent and disturbing
    and others are just out right weird/hilarious and some are just sick x(

Yo Yo YO Panel of the Week POW

Needs Critique CrimsonBows

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 277 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't often remember my dreams, as usually when I wake up, I go back to sleep again.

But the other night, I dreamt of Ney'tiri from Avatar.

We were playing golf.

Seriously, I couldn't make this shit up.

"Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Live Stream | Portfolio | dA | Facebook | Tumblr |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maralyn Monroe saying: "Is there a reason I speak english,. It stinks"
    Woke up and heard her saying in lingering effect of the emotion: "We are our love", "We are our laughter"

In some previous dreams some weeks before she woke me up whispering:"Love me tender" into my ear.

Next dream
    It's the house I grew up in, I'm in the kitchen and the air is differant like a color, I caught a glimpse of myself and I was wearing a mexican showl orange terracotta colored, down on the floor a rose bush is standing in a pot and blooming infront of me, It's petals where like butterfly wings sunburst orange and brown. I started flying through the house. I wen't down the hall and a woman I saw or knew from some previous dreams stopped me and said: "Congratulations" in a kinda scornfull way. I took a good look at her and saw the shiny reflections in her eyes making a connection. I blew it off and kept on flying around erratically Whooooo!!

I think there was a theme of self satisfaction but who cares.

Next Dream:
    An man is in a storage container with piles of green paper reminiscent of money or certificates. I'm a invisible 3r'd person perspective but I feel like I'm somehow connected to the old lady who wen't to speak to the dude and she finally said stuff that made the dude realise that money is pretend and he's trapped in a vault created by their solidness.

[EDIT]
    Forgot one:
    I was looking over the shoulder of someone I know from work,

He was pointing at a visual plane as if we where staring out of a window or a big glass door plane, we stopped staring out between two pink walls that stretched out parallel to each other and we looking in between them, above it was only blue sky. Against the walls was what was left of old dead climber plants, these gnarly veined dead brown-grey branching climb, covering the wall adding some sharpness and interesting texture to the wall, A woman appeared briefly wrapped in shawls wearing a headband(or just in concept) and I was grabbing her from behind while looking out and I felt her breasts profile in my hands, soft with the hard knobby nipples in there between a certain set of fingers on both hands.

If this was a VR art exhibit, it was pretty cool. I guess it’s a sense of centered-ness and vast lucid expanse combined with the victory position.
    This situation is max endorphin adrenal rush.

Last edited by George Abraham; June 14th, 2010 at 07:07 AM.
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was having this awesome dream were I could dive and swim like a dolphin in open sea, and at the same time I'm "out" of my body, watching myself jumping out of the water at high speeds, pretty cool... then suddenly the dream stopped and turned to a completely different thing. It was a VERY real dream were someone broke into my apartment wile I was sleeping, and took my TV, my computer and the fridge, and... there was a bathtub in the living room The thing is, it was so real I suddenly woke up, checked the kitchen, and then went to the living room, and obviously there was no bathtub (that would have been awesome XD), but the TV was gone...
    So I ran to my roommate's room to check. He had took the TV to his bedroom to watch a football match

A.Я.M

old deviantART - forgotten Sketchbook - outdated Portfolio

Thanks
    Thanked 5,486 Times in 3,692 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I get this odd sort of recurring dream from where I used to live. It was an Edwardian flat that was laid out in a L shape, but I kept dreaming that there was a secret room off the corridor. Sometimes it led to a garde or a grotto or a room full of hospital beds. It was strange enough when I lived there, but I'm still getting them every now and then. Last one had two rooms - one was covered in cobwebs and held antique furniture, while the other was the hospital beds again with loads of toilets. They are always devoid of people.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That's probably for the best. I used to have dreams my parents' house had secret rooms - there was a secret floor inbetween the first and second. You'd go to the upstairs bathroom, pull up a handle in the floor, lift the latch, and walk down to the secret floor with its own bedroom. It was actually really nice.

Last night I dreamed I was taking students on a free day to the zoo, and they snuck off to buy snacks at the snack bar. For some reason this was not allowed and another teacher yelled at them. I didn't see the big deal and sat with them.

Last time I took kids out to a park, someone yelled at them for playing frisbee on the grass.... Made no sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    1) There were these infected human creatures that only hunted during the day. So normal humans had to be nocturnal to survive. There were sheets of some material that would repel them, and things you could surround yourself with during the day to keep them away. I was holding up in an old woman's house with a group of survivors. Then there was an attack on the house and we could no longer stay. We found out that the material was no longer effective against them. The remaining survivors found a hidden bunker for shelter. Then that place was compromised too. This dream ended somewhere around there

2) There was a shooting at an art school. We had a thread on it here in the lounge. I was there and remember watching people I knew die. I spent most of the dream trying to get myself and people out of the way of the gunman. I also remember people posting pictures of the event in the thread, sort of like those gruesome pictures in the Iranian protest thread. The thread got locked for some reason. Me and this girl did escape the building and I remember seeing other people fleeing.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
    the one i remember right now that was totally awesome,was when i became aware that i was dreaming. i was at some guys house,and suddenly people were yelling "the beckhams are coming! the beckhams are coming",and then brangelina turned up...and at some point inbetween i suddenly realized "hey,i'm in a dream...look at your hands,go on man";so i consciously looked at my hands and suddenly could control my movements. it was the most awesome thing ever;i started running around the house (which was fucking beautiful,with wooden panels), and hid behind a corkscrew staircase and some plants when i realized someone approaching...time passing,it became very difficult to maintain controll though,as everything was hyper-realistic,with aftereffect images turning up everywhere,and me consciously realizing that the dream was trying to make me lose control. so after the staircase thingy,i woke up. still fucking cool.
    right now i can't remember other ones,but i have some written down somewhere...
    I heard about the looking at the hands thing as well, I've done it a couple of times and in my dream the other night. It was a recurring one where I'm in a house with endless rooms or a tall building with an escher type staircase and different rooms with people or sometimes zombies in them watching tv or doing random stuff like gardening. The other night I remember a huge group of people all packed into one of the rooms and I was sat in an alcove and I turned to look at the people and thought 'any minute now they'll all turn into zombies but it's ok because it's only a dream' looked away and when I looked again, they were all zombies and had turned to look at me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, this might be a little sappy, but no one is makeing you read it right?

I didn't have this dream last night. But it is by far one of my favorite dreams, and I can still remember it pretty well.

The dreams starts out in a school bus, that is oddley full with a girls softball team, that I was a member of. And, being a boy, that was rather strange. As "myself" and the rest of the girls talk about what happend during the softball game, I get flashbacks of it, and see it. Someone getting to home, a quick scene of the locker room after the game. Then, all the sudden the bus lurches to the left and goes airborne! we roll over twice and end up weels skyward. The actual scene of the accident was in slow motion. And I didn't "see" much, but I knew what had happend around me. Crawling out of the bus, I finally notice the outside. If you have ever watched 28 days, and you remember the lone tree with the fog near the shopping center after the main character has to take the baseball bat to the poor zombie kid, vague I know, but it was just like that. Only darker.

My character, or me, however you want to look at it, scrambled through the door and crawled onto the road, and it was clear that I was the only one left alive.

I started screaming, up the road, down the road, to the forest to my left, and the field to my right. I only had one sock on now, and it had some blood on it. Finally my eyes were starting to adjust and in the fog I could make out the frame of a mansion in the distance. It was starting to get cold.

I started walking, just thinking "I have to get help". The dream gave me more flashbacks of the game, and then I was standing infront of it. The mansion turned out to be a wall. But, parts of it here and there glowed blue. Part building, part wall. I just started screaming, pounding the soft of my hand into the gate "What happend!" I was demanding this building to to open up and tell me.

Defeated, I walked back to the bus, when behind me I heard the voice of the wall.

"10"
    I allready knew, but I sill heard it explained to me.
    (I'll tell you, but you have to make it through the door)
    "9"
    I bolted to the glowing wall, leaveing the bus behind me.
    "8"
    "The grass is okay to run in, its soft enough"
    "7"
    I could feel the mist cling to my face and hands as I ran through it.
    "6"
    I could smell the night air
    "5"
    The wall started to sound angry, I knew it wanted me to reach the door!
    "4"
    I can't let myself die before I know what happend to Sarah and Julie! [who? I didn't know]
    "3"
    I could see the door
    "2'
    "1"
    NO!
    "Zero."
    I slammed into the closed door, "I made it! I made it! You have to let me in, you can't do this to me! Slamming my fist into the same spot I was earlier.

"I tried" said the wall. And I knew it was the truth, I knew what the building wanted.

I wish I could get across all the feelings and emotions that dream gave me, without sounding like a sap

Wakeing up from that dream was an experience unto itself. During that, 3 minutes? With all the flashbacks I got quite connected with those girls in the bus, and knowing how sad and dissapointed the wall was, I wanted to go back and make things better.

Then I got up, brushed my teeth, and it didn't matter any longer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    I get this odd sort of recurring dream from where I used to live. It was an Edwardian flat that was laid out in a L shape, but I kept dreaming that there was a secret room off the corridor. Sometimes it led to a garde or a grotto or a room full of hospital beds. It was strange enough when I lived there, but I'm still getting them every now and then. Last one had two rooms - one was covered in cobwebs and held antique furniture, while the other was the hospital beds again with loads of toilets. They are always devoid of people.
    Just because I find it interesting to see what dreams may mean...

"To dream that you find or discover a new room, suggests that you are developing new strengths and taking on new roles. You may be growing emotionally. Consider what you find in the discovered room as it may indicate repressed memories, fears, or rejected emotions. Alternatively, such rooms are symbolic of neglected skills or rejected potential."

If you want to hear it... My belief is that finding the hospital room maybe means that you need to relax and recover a bit. The toilets indicate you have some stuff you need to get 'out of your system' so to speak. And finding the room with all the cobwebs and stuff means you've rediscovered a part of yourself that you've neglected for a long time.

Everything in your dream is really 'you'. So when you're dreaming about that old house it might be because it's a place you identify with and felt at home, maybe? The house is really you, and the hidden rooms are a part of yourself that you didn't see before.

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

25. The Following User Says Thank You to tobbA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    All of the prescribed dream-meanings thing is total bullshit. The mean is unique for each person, in my opinion, and only that person should be able to decipher its meaning. Most of the happenings in dreams come from day-residue and our thoughts, anyway.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    The mean is unique for each person, in my opinion, and only that person should be able to decipher its meaning. Most of the happenings in dreams come from day-residue and our thoughts, anyway.
    Well, obviously. But that doesn't mean that there aren't some archetypes that fit with most people. In the end you'll just have to ask yourself if it makes sense to you.

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Had a weird one last night. I don't remember a lot of the specifics but there was a killer seal. It was biting the shit outta some guy, it all took place in some underwater facility and theres this red eyed seal with sharp teeth just jumping out of the water and biting the shit outta some guy for no reason. Bit the dudes toes off on his left foot. Weird fuckin dream man.

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    All of the prescribed dream-meanings thing is total bullshit. The mean is unique for each person, in my opinion, and only that person should be able to decipher its meaning. Most of the happenings in dreams come from day-residue and our thoughts, anyway.
    Either Freud or Jung had the idea that there are common, deep seeded, symbols that all humans recognize subconsciously. This is where the prescribed dream meanings come from. There's a book on it by Freud. But this is not to be confused with every horoscope/astrology site that has a list of dream meanings. Take it with a grain of salt because it's old science.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 277 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    A young man scaled the walls of what looks like the inside of a gigantic castle and somehow got trapped in a room by a gargoyle, then an evil voice boomed "KILL HIM, AND YOU SHALL BE FREE FROM THIS HELL". A disembodied, disfigured head floated out of a cell door and proceeded to maul (?) the poor guy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alright Jake and Crossmirage

here is ONE disturbing and violent one
    i remember a lot from this one since it was entirely different
    a lot of my dreams, but for the strange writing i couldn't recall the rest of it.

It started out in a dining room mix with a living room, i some how attain a
    shirt with a golden dragon on it, and i was wondering why give me this shirt.
    Then my friend appear out of nowhere in a chair saying you lucky i took
    care of it for u or else i would be wearing it, but he is already wearing one.
    grab hold of him and choke him, a playful one.
    Then this figure, supposedly-suppose to be my mom, but she is not my mom.

She was preparing something on the dining table and said, "u know i love you
    right, U know that right??" I was like...okaaay. Then she said am going to
    send you to work in heaven. I was like what the fuck?!? out of no where
    large number of human figures appear. I took out a blade and slaughter each
    one of them that headed towards me. Then my "mom" said "oh dont kill
    them! they are going to be working with you!"
    She said that in the nick of time to save one entity life from my blade.

The scene changes. I am in a car with them and from there i saw rows of
    people standing in line looking lifeless. Next thing i know am standing in line
    with them. I looked at the building it had some serious strange broken
    english writing. i saw, "Hub le de into the see.." and a word next to it that
    not even a word/ bunch of gibberish. On to the next wall i see "heb to be.."
    with some other words next to it. then a little girl dress in blue and white
    skip a joyful walk pass by me. Her scent swept in peacefulness, i grabbed
    her and hugged her. at that moment every feeling inside me was at peace as
    no evil existed at that moment. I let her go and she skipped away
    disappearing into the line of crowds. The peaceful feeling was there and
    gone like it never happen.

Then i ended up inside the building sitting face the wall next to and opening
    corner. I sat there and stare at the bulletin board reading blur. A girl tiredly
    walk by staring at me like she hasn't slept in ages. Next thing i know a guy
    in black appear to walk my way and i said "sorry" because i blocked his way.
    He also said sorry....and stood there...with no face standing unsteadily next
    to me and then disappeared.

Scene changed. I was in the living room. A women sitting on the couch
    holding a glass of red liquid was with my "mom." My first glance was at the
    glass of red liquid. I craved it. next to me i see my enemy laying down on a
    sofa. In front of me i see three crosses in the dark corner next to a door
    and their shadows that are out of place. A feeling in me want to go get the
    crosses. i went through the door and i ended up in a snow field road and
    beside each road was a dark bottomless pit and no crosses.

I went back inside i saw the glass is empty of the red liquid. My craving for it
    started to grow stronger. Next thing i know i fall to the ground next to my
    enemy. He fell next to me too. I push him away. he push back. I took off my
    belt and whipped him and somehow he has a belt to whipped me back. My
    rage(real rage) took over. Murderous intent to kill him swept over me.
    He has both his hand pushing my face as i slowly going to kill him, but i woke
    up...my rage was to much that it woke me up just before i slay him.

I looked at the time it was around 6:20 a.m. 40 min away from ringing the
    alarm to wake up for school.

i am not sure what to understand from this dream
    it happen on the night of September 9, 2009
    i just realize that date is 9/9/09...weird o_O
    i note this dream on Facebook note that day
    as for some of my other dreams as well

Yo Yo YO Panel of the Week POW

Needs Critique CrimsonBows

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

32. The Following User Says Thank You to SalOnimaruRem For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckWeisel View Post
    Either Freud or Jung had the idea that there are common, deep seeded, symbols that all humans recognize subconsciously. This is where the prescribed dream meanings come from. There's a book on it by Freud. But this is not to be confused with every horoscope/astrology site that has a list of dream meanings. Take it with a grain of salt because it's old science.
    Well. Personally I would think dream symbols simply represent what a person relates to a certain thing. For example if someone is scared of dogs a dog in your dream would probably mean something different than someone who loves dogs. But at the same time there are a lot of attributes to a dog that most people would associate with them. Such as loyalty and lifefulness.

But yeah. Freud and Jung are pretty outdated. So if you have interest in dream meanings there are probably better sources today.

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My dad used to tell a dirty joke whenever anyone would talk about their dreams:

Last night I dreamt my ass was a movie theater and you all where trying to sneak in.

LOL!!

----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tobbA View Post
    Well. Personally I would think dream symbols simply represent what a person relates to a certain thing. For example if someone is scared of dogs a dog in your dream would probably mean something different than someone who loves dogs. But at the same time there are a lot of attributes to a dog that most people would associate with them. Such as loyalty and lifefulness.

But yeah. Freud and Jung are pretty outdated. So if you have interest in dream meanings there are probably better sources today.
    I've read a few modern books on dreams and it had few interesting takes on themes, like if you dream of transport then that's how you view yourself moving through life (i.e if you're in the driving seat you're in control or if you're a passenger you're just along for another persons ride) I think that makes sense (I've had a few when I was a kid of me and my brother fighting over a steering wheel of a fast moving car, we used to fight alot for supremacy). And when I've felt emotional but can't let it out then I dream of going to a toilet that doesn't have a door and there's people around who can see me pee and I'm embarressed, that makes alot of sense to me as sometimes I can be embarressed about displaying my emotions.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.