Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Share Your Dream From Last Night Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 746 Posts
    Follows
    Following

The Share Your Dream From Last Night Thread

As per Ryan K's suggestion in another thread, I thought this would be a good idea. It should be very interesting and maybe inspire some cool ideas.

I usually don't remember my dreams, but had a creepy one last night that is still with me now. I had an eyelash stuck in my eye, and while trying to get it out, I somehow managed to have my eye pop halfway out of it's socket. In the mirror I could see part of the back of my eye. It was painful and scary and I had to push it back it (my fingers pushing my eye was even more painful). When I got it back in, my eyes were pointing in different directions. Anyway, I woke up at that point, but it was still very weird.

Your turn.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In a city similar to San Fransisco, the streets turned into water slides. Sliding through the city and swimming through lakes formed at the lowest streets, we swam through windows into buildings partially underwater. I remember seeing people carrying on with their office jobs, completely submerged -ties floating upwards and all.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I can't even remember dreaming much anymore.

Every ONCE in a while I get a good one, though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 277 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I dreamed of hunting down a gigantic creature that looked like a centaur gone wrong - it had a man's torso stuck to the horse's chest area, and the horse head was neighing constantly as though it was in pain. I remember it being a deep reddish brown all over, with a mane and tail made of wispy shadows. It also had all sorts of grimy ornaments, as well as a large bladed weapon (I can't remember what it was exactly). Everything the weapon touched turned to ice.

Quick half-assed doodle:

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crossmirage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I remember a dream about a centaur-octopus thing a few months ago. I was attempting to fight him, and it turned out we inhabited a miniature model, like a ship in a bottle, and then some greater force reached in and attempted messing with both of us.

I cannot overemphasize how fucking cool floating sex is, even in dreams. With Robert Pattinson and a few others. I fear I'm a bit of a dream harlot.

Last night, my subconscious anthropomorphized my dogs, as well as a gigantic purple furry monster bear. We rested on his belly, unaware that it belonged to him, and when he woke up, he chaaaaaased me and my dogs through like a trashy cyberpunk city, where we ended up in a contemporary furniture store...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Dreams would be more appropriate for the title. I can't remember mine from last night, unfortunately, but I'm going to drink some mugwort tea tonight, so I'm sure I'll be able to talk about plenty tomorrow.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Found my grandma sitting on a blanket on a grassy hill midway between her house and the nearby clinic. While she lamented that she didn't have long to live, she was otherwise in good spirits and accepted her situation.

She was nearly completely covered in blood, with parts of her skin all across her body and face being peeled off revealing muscle and bone. She casually grasped at the guts pouring out of her open stomach as we talked.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Jovian M is offline HOW MANY PUSH-UPS CAN YOU DO? Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dreamed that I had a wonderful sleep.

I remember dreams maybe once or twice a month, if I'm lucky.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My dreams are just... wow.

A snippet:

My boyfriend and I were on a rock floating in space surrounded by rainbow novas. This rock was a marble chunk covered in really vibrant Kentucky style bluegrass and crumbling marble ruins with pools of icy blue in the middle. There was a race to grab as many poisoned spines off of platforms as possible...

My boyfriend and I suited up in "Ape Escape" style monkey suits made of cheap poncho material and moon bounced all over these picture perfect ruins to slap each other with poisoned spikes. Every time I picked one up it would show me an inventory screen with a +x30 SPINES. You weren't allowed to go past to the woods that somehow existed on a small chunk.

The whole 'game' was put together by my friend. It was like a series of video game minigames that eventually lead to me spinning back kicking my boyfriend down a long tube so I could "get back to painting!!"

That's all i remember.

Edit:

I've had a few dreams where I'm an inmate on death row panicking because my own mortality hits me like a sack of bricks and I run around aimlessly trying to find everyone I love. Then whenever they gas/lethal inject me I'm conscious in darkness and can feel my lungs collapsing while I'm paralyzed. I also often dream of fighting people, which is amusing - my shift in self confidence and esteem from 0 to awesome over the years has dictated the outcome - I always used to be overpowered and harmed in my dreams. Now I am sometimes the flawless victor.

Last edited by Pezz; June 6th, 2010 at 02:07 AM.
    "Twisted by the dark side, young Artist has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... consumed by Deviantart."
    Please, visit my SB ~ N E C R O S K E T C H I K O N ! [Updated :: November 2011]
    My DeviantArt Profile: http://dyspezzia.deviantart.com/
    My Portfolio:
    http://www.pezzworks.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by crossmirage View Post
    I dreamed of hunting down a gigantic creature that looked like a centaur gone wrong - it had a man's torso stuck to the horse's chest area, and the horse head was neighing constantly as though it was in pain. I remember it being a deep reddish brown all over, with a mane and tail made of wispy shadows. It also had all sorts of grimy ornaments, as well as a large bladed weapon (I can't remember what it was exactly). Everything the weapon touched turned to ice.
    I wish I had dreams about crazy creatures . I only dream about environments hah.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dreamed i finally got the colours of the background i was working on last night correctly. unfortunately, it required me to change the whole colour schemes of the other bkg's belonging to that same enviornment....

hm... gonna have to give it a look now....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Last night i dreamed that i actually enjoyed myself finishing a big bunch of work.

Oh wait, I pulled an allnighter! That actually happened!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Slash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't sleep much last night, I had the hiccups!

I don't recall having an active dream, more like a 'barely sleeping' constantly thinking about the status of my federal stafford loans and needing a cosigner on private ones sort of thing. I notice dreams = my brain trying to handle the previous days events more than anything. Sometimes those thoughts meet my imagination and make sweet love.

"Twisted by the dark side, young Artist has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... consumed by Deviantart."
    Please, visit my SB ~ N E C R O S K E T C H I K O N ! [Updated :: November 2011]
    My Portfolio:

I was in Hawaii taking pictures of a beautiful bird than my cat Mekese jumped into a ice-cream stand and was covered in pink ice-cream which i licked off and tried to convince everyone it was ok.

Ok dream at least my penis didn't fall off in this one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was relaxing in a hot car in the middle of a jungle when I saw a flock of snails the size of Frisbees with wings, and a couple dragon fly's fat as chickens hop and hover around.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Even with the Mugwart, I couldn't remember my dreams last night. I can only recall a fraction of a dream that was really just day-residue anyway.

LORD M is offline That guy from the cheer me up thread Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,790 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I am having all these crazy action or fantasy movie-ish dreams. One time I was shot at from mafia-looking guys in suits while I was in some big room decorates in Rococo style. Then all of a sudden some ninja guy comes and defends me, dressed in a white tuxedo and a white ski mask. He started swinging a big (one of those tall metal things that you put a lot of candles in that stands around) and everything went kung fu.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Impossibly Bio-luminescent fish had a cameo in my dream last night. There were all different kinds, some fatter ones that looked to be made out of translucent jellyfish-stuff, some little tiny iridescent guppies.

...It was pretty cool.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I was watching some action movie with my brother.

It starred Terry Crews, so we would constantly reference those Old Spice commercials whenever he threw a punch.

Pretty "meh".

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I remember all my dreams. Last night I dreamed that I looked out of the window and there was an inch of snow on the ground. I knew it was June, but there were tyre marks on the road. So real, and so ordinary, that I actually had to look and check in the morning...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 277 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I went to a nonexistent toystore to look for a 1/6 scale bike, but they either end up being overpriced or flimsy. I saw all sorts of weird crap on sale too like random parts of a roughly 1/3 and 1/2 scale bikes, oddly proportioned Transformers, edible miniature food, and a glass cat. There were a lot of little kids running around and the store owner was having a hard time trying to keep them under control. Then I had a sudden flashback about breaking the glass cat lamp and having to clean it up.

BlightedArt is offline That annoying itch you just can't seem to scratch Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I had a dream of vividly controlling that i could fly, and eventually lost the power bot still maintained the ability to jump over entire cities. now THAT was a fucking awesome dream.

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,369 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Someone nicked the top of my desk and everything was on the pedestals. Fricking difficult to work like that.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,778 Times in 848 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    DISCLAIMER:disappointing sex dream!

It's pretty fucked up, so don't judge me! I slept on a platonic friends couch last night. She might be a virgin. In my dream we went to a party and an orgy broke out. Needless to say I was enthusiastic about the prospect. I told her she should jump in, because it's a once in a life time opportunity. In turn she just talks me out of it (what a stick in the mud). After we leave she goes off does her fucking gay friend. So I had to miss out on the epic orgy pit for nothing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Last night I dreamed I was sitting by my grandmother's kitchen table, when I noticed this little note hanging on the wall:

"The knowledge that you once loved powerfully is enough to keep on living with purpose."

No idea where my head pulled this quote out. But I thought it was quite lovely. It makes sense that I saw it at my grandma's, since my grandfather passed away last year.

sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

29. The Following User Says Thank You to AsaB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Weird dream last night. I was part of some millitary unit, and we just went from rooftop, to roof top "clearing" them, that was actually kind of fun. Then "we" ended up at a playground that had been a subject of a previous dream of mine, but this time I noticed across the street was a friends house of mine. So I go walking in with her and she shows me around her house. Pretty lame. Most of the ones I have are cooler. I have a lot of dreams about jumping, except I don't come back down so its a lot like flying! For just a few moments after I wake up I'm sort of convinced I can do it in real life, .

I have a lot of typical male dreams, that is with people I don't know, doing damage. Two dreams of mine were just hopping into the back of a truck and shooting RPGs at random buildings....that included the stained glass window of princess peaches castle!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually was able to recall three dreams last night but I thought I'd post this one... CA has infiltrated! And music, too! :o (but that's expected)

I remember being on ConceptArt.Org and there was a thread about David Bowie. I wrote something like, “I like to make appreciation threads but David Bowie deserves 2.” This meant that he essentially deserves more appreciation than most artists. I said that I actually hung out with David Bowie for a day and then I was remembering what that day was like. I was hanging out with him in his car and I think we were parked in a gas station (the Arco station, if I must be specific.) He looked like a mixture of Devin Townsend and Bowie; in fact it’s entirely possible that he only looked like Townsend and I just identified him as Bowie. He was entirely bald. I was playing him YouTube clips, because he had a computer in his dashboard, of music. I think I played him some Porcupine Tree and stuff like that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Had some dreamish visions the past week, the commitment to write them down was strong enough to spur some wild ones:

The first one:

The harbour was filled with people in either a reception or farewell on a nice bright sunny day with the fresh sea air etc.
    An Muslim or Islamic leader makes his way though the people, and I remember an intense emotion while he collapsed and the scheme whiting out.
    A failing emotion of desperation and almost a last help cry. The stuff I wrote down seems biased but perhaps it contains the elements of the scene.
    The white flash was either an explosion or something, and it was an unfortunate result of world communication snowballing with sensational illusion.

Second one:

I am with a family of dreamers, They all feel familiar to me as if I know them from somewhere, in this scene they all are little kids and there's in this dark room, in the centre a small altar or christening pillar or something that has this extremely hot flaming glow flaming from it's top.
    The emotions was one of being sadistic almost, the kinds start sticking their hands in the flames and the idea and conception are that they burn like a roast over a fire, boiling and popping but their hands are unaffected. In the corner in the dark there's this creature/character that looks like a human that have been turned into a blob that resembles guts and brains with eyes, this creature seems to represent the emotion of enjoying the kid's getting burned, the only thing that seems to be roasting and cooking/frying is this character who are becoming more blob like and sweaty, it's eyes eventually pop out and looks like it's running or melting.

I think this dream is the reason why we are not supposed to eat pork. Me and the kids slept uneasy for two days in a row.

----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had a dream that I was in Bratislava trying to buy some leather jump ropes but someone I knew got beaten by sausages and deported because he was wearing pink. My martial arts teacher was there and we were training in a box car for an underground fight in the "Soviet Union"

Last edited by Pezz; June 9th, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
    My Portfolio:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dreamt my cousin peed on me. After that I was in a mountain bike race through a forest and it was constructed as a hurdle race, you had to jump with your bike over branches.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.