Art: the quest
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: the quest

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

the quest

Hi all, something new from me
    Was quite a time consumer for me to make, took me a while to get my head around how I would compose the characters, given that one is a giant, the Dwarf had to be up a tree (dont ask me why, thats what the client wanted), but I still wanted to keep some sort of focus on the two in the foreground.
    Each character needed to have elements of red on them, ranging from hair to clothing. They are the Red team, out looking for a fight.
    In retrospect i could have used a low angle shot to be able to make the giant more massive, but i wanted to be able to see the centaur and Elfs faces reasonable well, so went with this flatter viewpoint, it was also dictated a little by what they wanted done.
    In terms of self critique, if i started this image again, i would probably plan for a more dynamic lighting setup and try to get a better range of tones, but overall im pretty happy with the result. Hope you guys enjoy, welcome any thoughts.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lincoln.renall; June 6th, 2010 at 08:05 PM.
    Lincoln Renall
    www.conceptdude.com
    "resistance is Futile!!!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lincoln.renall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Out of curiousity how long did it take you to create this?

I almost feel it's a shame you cannot see the full extend of the giant's legs as it at first glance doesn't underline his size. Other than that it's a very nice piece, I like the amount of details you have put into it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You get a great sense of scale from the dwarf and giant being paired together, is this a digital piece?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks guys...

hellcow.....it actaully took me waaaay too long to make, probably about 20 hours work, mainly because i did an hour or so when i got a chance between other stuff, its probably much more efficient to spend 3 or 4 hours at a time, and get big chunks done, it turned out time consuming because i was doing hour long bursts of work, by the time you get a flow on - painting wise, you need to stop.....its very stop-start, and inefficient. i totally agree about the giants leg, dosnt really pop out much, also i probably could have made the giant more massive if i planned the image a bit better i think :-)

tjh....yep its all digital, aside from the initial sketch which was pencil, and pretty crude. all done in photoshop.

Lincoln Renall
    www.conceptdude.com
    "resistance is Futile!!!"

Members who have read this thread: 1