Sketchbook: sense of creation-my sketchbook - Page 9

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Thanks
    Thank you! And illustration book huh? Maybe a few years from now XD

Quote Originally Posted by Rhubix View Post
    I recommend doing an inventory of all the game / cartooning places in your area and doing a few specific portfolio pieces for those places.
    Your work has a very grown up style, leaning towards gaming - but if your surrounded by studios doing animation for kids 4-14, it's going to be tough looking for work.
    In my experience you need 2 years of work before people take you seriously. Having a bit of diversity in your portfolio can really help with the initial search. So throw in some sparkly unicorns and kittens lol.
    That is some really good advice. You might have to work in an art field parallel to concept art for awhile, before you find a job as a concept artist OR till you understand the business enough to start something on your own..

Oh and, sparkly unicorns and kittens FTW! XD

With the scribbley lines, I do that too :/
    1. But then I keep a color pencil at hand to doodle and then add redraw the final line art over it. Easy to clean it up in photoshop Drawings from your earlier posts don’t look that messy..
    2. Re drawing the line art in photoshop is also an option (easier now since the newer versions have the rotate feature).
    3. Using the lasso tool or pen tool to select and fill in big chunks of color (that's why vector is so clean)
    4. How about picking a bunch of artists whose work you like and trying to copy draw something? See how they achieve that and you could translate that into your art.. Get out of your comfort zone and throw in some artists who draw rainbows and unicorns! XD Having diversity in your portfolio is a huge plus..

Sometimes I think that the scribbley-ness is part of the artist, and that it shows in my work, but somebody told me that there’s a difference between illustrators and concept artists. With illustrators, you’re the only one working on the art. It doesn't have to go to someone else to be coloured or converted to 3d or anything. With concept art, you have to be clear about what you’re drawing, so that it won’t get the others confused too.
    I’ll ask him to reply instead of confusing you XD

Hello! I'm trying to improve my artwork and I really could use your critique - S k e t c h b o o k
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    @Iven- Thanks a lot! She is Michel elia kamal. A really good street musician. You should check her band called Light in babylon.

@Sharon- Haha I like scribbly lines as well but when it looks odd is when it becomes frustrating for me. i really Like sketchy style but I cant do much of it myself. I should do some master studies and artist style studies once i get into a good level in digital painting. RIght now I still struggle with basics and even finding a workflow that is not too messy.

So I have been busy working on the second cover for the comic caravan of which I posted earlier. Sadly That has been a really frustrating experience since the people who comissioned me were really vague with there ideas and told me to change a lot of things at the last moment. Hence the cover which was to be finished in a week dragged in for 2 months. Everytime I show them WIPs and they tell me to correct something, and then I would ask them Is there anything more, and they would reply Nah everything else looks fine. Then after correcting it they would find another thing in the painting to correct and it would drag on again for days. Finally when I was done with the painting, they told me to replace some of the characters faces with some Indian actors. They could have told me that earlier, but no, they told me after I had finished painting. SO again I had to go back to the drawing board and fix them. And for all this work , i wont even get paid much. I am still waiting to be paid. I do realize it was my fault to have not clarified my commission rate and how much time I can give to it. But I guess this is a lesson learnt.

Here are some sketches along with a portrait of a friend and the comic cover.

Attached Images Attached Images                    
    sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanks for stopping by man. i think you should do some hand studies and apply them, yes?

Thanks
    Very nice sketchbook!

Keep the studies and paintings coming!
    Really like the way you put color on your "canvas".
    And most of the figure drawings look really awesome!

keep it up!

See my latest Sketchbook work!
    Feel Free to comment!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,444 Posts

Hello there, first I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and of course a very happy new Year.
    Second I have to tell you, that I also had to do things for people who were also very vague about
    their requests and ideas. In the end it turns out that they are not sure what they really want.
    They just molest you and drag you through meaningless changes, flip you over and over again,
    and just when you think that you finished the work, they show up once more just to frustrate
    you in the end. The worst thing is that they pay very low, or they don’t pay at all. I think that
    those persons are a sadistic kind of pigs, who like to feel in control and to feel that things are
    done by their ways and that they are in charge. Trust me, it’s all about that. Now, what should
    we do with them? I suggest, putting them on a large grill, and let them fry. Slowly. While they
    are frying and blistering we should look in their eyes all the time. Then put out the fire in mid
    time, so they could suffer a bit more, and then turn back again, to finish them off. That would
    be a sweet adventure. You don’t know how much I love the roasted bacon smell in the morning.
    Your drawings are good as always, and even better, I like what you achieved till now, you will
    always be one of my heroes. A kind of hero for which you pay with premium money.
    Let there be more naked tits and spread vaginas all around.
    I want you a lot of happiness and drawing motivation
    in the near future.

[last update; 21st June 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    @Yemi775 - Yes I have to study hands. Thanks for the reminder. I shall get to them

@Deceptive - THank you!

@Ltplissken- Thanks a lot! Its always a pleasure to go through your comments, they make me happy.

sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks

Scared me a bit you did, when you disappeared, but I see
    that your Warrior spirit is back online. Your studies are great,
    becoming greater, your mindset is shining through your pencil skills.
    Please take care all the time, and watch your fingers not to poke the enemies eyes.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,444 Times in 3,656 Posts
    Nice updates since I was here last. I liked the corrected head on the previous page and the Indian girl above here. Keep on rocking.

Thanks
    Thanks Guys, I shall post more often. Its just I been lacking motivation lately. But coming back here gives me hope everytime.

I tried coloring one of the sketch i posted earlier.

sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    Nice updates there, Sharon had showed me the last paint work you had done with the guy and the girl, I think it was still a WIP back then, good stuff especially some of the sketches with the big hair XD

Thanks
    Thanks man.

Here is a portrait i made for a friend, and the gif for the step. I hope the gif works. >_>

Name:  y9RTv0.gif
Views: 222
Size:  2.83 MB

Name:  prak small.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  287.9 KB

sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    Heres a creature concept. I took a base screenshot that i made using zbrush then painted over. The base sucks I know XD . But I was too lazy to draw it out at the time and just wanted to paint something quick. My friend pointed out that its good to have a 3/4th view while concepting for sculpts but i guess its too late now. But i do have the idea anyways. Also for the shell I wanted the creature to have a iridescent effect like beetles. If anyone has any good ideas how to get it, please do let me know.

Btw WHat the heck is going on with conceptart.org man Its getting annoying to see the page is down every now and then.

sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    Btw WHat the heck is going on with conceptart.org man Its getting annoying to see the page is down every now and then.
    Oh yea I feeel you man, I really like your updates specially the comic scene where I can see how you work with
    the light. Cheers man keep them coming!

Sketchbook - . Showreal - . Commission me - .

*critique* advice* help full links, is appreciated*

Thanks

Digital girl portrait is looking very cool, I think you
    should have paint more hard edges, cause like this everything
    looks a bit soft and blurry. Anyway, it was a long time ago since
    you’ve show some activities, your fans are waiting for some
    nice and clean updates.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    @ivan: Thanks man!

@Ltplissken: Thank you as always man. I know i been away for a long time. Had to sort out some personal issues. I really appreciate that you have been coming back to my sb.

Hello people. I know I have been away for way too long. I actually had joined a workplace where I had to organise workshops and sometimes teach people some basic drawing stuff. The teaching part was enjoyable but organising and co-ordinating events is not my piece of cake. I dont even like talking to people much. :| I worked there for 3 months and finally quit. Now I am jobless again and trying to do some freelancing. Although it has kept me busy for a long time, it's half the reason I have not been posting. The other half is, I just could not make myself post here. Everyday I get frustrated over my works and feel like I am going nowhere. I start working on something then I keep scrapping it and starting over. I feel so lost, its not even funny.

Anywho the good thing is I have been drawing a lot lately, more so on paper than digital. I tend to take forever to finish soemthing digitally because I never get satisfied with it. Heres some boring sketches for my comeback post. Yay. I shall post more often. Thats what I always say! XD

sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    some more. Whats with the 10 images limit. Pfft.

sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    Aand some digital studies,portraits and dumbassery.

sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks

Good to hear about your past job, even if it’s over now you have equipped
    yourself with some good positive experience. Now you are jobless but it’s
    only a temporary state, so you will find something cool very soon I believe so.
    And the freelancing can begin also. Your pencils sketches and drawings are
    looking sharper than ever, I really admire your unique style. It can clearly be
    seen the moments when you were motivated and when you wasn’t. It’s
    fantastic how you shade your figures, I especially like the horned muscled
    guy, many of them should look up to you and try to copy your style, me
    along with them. Inspirational motivating update is what you shared with us,
    I am very happy about this, I think the only thing remains now is you to
    continue with your habit of drawing and uploading cause it would be
    a real shame and waste if you would ever stop.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    some really nice work in here!
    You've come a long way.

Thanks

The frozen spectres of the lost deep forest graveyard are
    calling your name, chanting like howling wolves through the
    mountain maze. They want your soul molded directly into stone,
    newly drawn feelings and thought on yellow paper, the spirits
    are just screaming; “mooooooar”, and you cannot escape your
    fate to update.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    Haha! moar coming your way!. I have not found time to take pictures of my sketches. Will do soon. Heres some digi stuff. Mostly wips.
    I tried to do a very simple animation, then thought of taking the picture further and painted it.
    . Also I am kind of stuck with the horned demon thingy. Dont know how to make it pop out more or atleast pleasing to the eye. Any help is much appreciated!

sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks

I like the fact that you chose to digital paint that horned drawing, that was a true
    step of master success. It should be highly appreciated, the way that you can silently
    sneak up right from behind the straw shack. Those short breathtaking moments can
    surprise the crowd, and you just know how to do it with sharp and lively colors.
    The cricket like mantis is mesmerizing a huge amount of female crowd with his adorable
    romantic look, once more you’ve proven that you can jump through ice and
    fire without any clothes on. Keep on clasping your hands and heels three times,
    draw alot even if you are not in Kansas anymore.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

Thanks
    @Ltplissken- Thanks man for the constant support!

Here is a sculpt I am working on. As You can see, I have changed it a lot from the intial organic design to more Alien-ish . Any feedback is much appreciated. The problem right now is, the neck along with the long hand makes it look very stiff. I want it to flow and look more dynamic.

sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks
    hey man! thank you so much for such kind words you left in my sketchbook.
    Well it mean alot more when it comes from someone who work hard and have nice works

I really dig these girls in post #257

"What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde

MY_SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Heya, kiddo! Keeping busy?
    horned demon thingy it s a bid dated, but I think it just needs to be moved to be more interesting. The design itself is okay- it's just the composition is super symmetrical, not very dynamic or interesting.

Creepy alien guy looks like he's coming along.

Thanks
    Keeping myself busy indeed, but not with drawing as much as i would like to . Yeah the demon looks very static right now. I ll try to make it more interesting. Right now a Art noveau style illustration is the only thing I can do with it, i think. Thank you for commenting!

Heres some stuff and a comic!

sense of purpose
    my sketchbook

Thanks

The stretch painting is scary, very very scary, I like it,
    however, I would go a bit more wild with the contrast, cause
    it could create more of a drama and horror effect.
    The mini comic is funny, haha, you performed very well there.

Name:  stretch_contrasted.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  132.4 KB

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Members who have read this thread: 15