Sketchbook: ........................... - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: ...........................

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm digging your robot designs, man. I like how your incorporate planar faces into a lot of them. My only critique would be to sketch/draw/paint every day and make that a habit. You'll be amazed how quickly you start to improve when your practicing every day consistently.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickodemus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for droppin by man, I am huge fan of your work......and.... You are right, it is important to practice often,...sometimes I think its also beneficial to take a break for a week or 2. It lets all those things inside build up so they can be released in a fury. Advice taken tho, here is my daily post.
    One day I will nail a decent mech. not today.....thanks for checkin my stuff out....
    lets draw!

come at me bro

Last edited by FROZ3N; December 28th, 2012 at 11:46 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sometimes if Im lonely I can build a friend to say hi and to talk to.
    Postcards from space

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, nice skin tones. I clicked your sketchbook then went to get a drink while the page loaded and when I walked back in (from a distance) that lighting hits you in the face.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kvetch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvetch View Post
    Dude, nice skin tones. I clicked your sketchbook then went to get a drink while the page loaded and when I walked back in (from a distance) that lighting hits you in the face.
    Thanks dude, I been working on skin tones a little, I am nowhere near where i need to be, but Its weird, as i practiced i got my first "interview" doing a digital gig, retouching photos. I dont think I got the job, but thought Id post the before and after pic of one of the tests here so I can see myself improve in that area over the years. Also, a pic of my new machine which is art to me, and my latest tattoo piece..faded superman logoLiines are rough...I know...Im working on it..., I need to post them all here to see if by page 10 I have something worth looking at....I have a long way to go in all areas of my art. Being here on concept art has led me to be a better artist in all areas of my life..
    thanks CA. and thanks Kvetch for droppin by.....also some spaced out chick i drew today....strange how it turned out ......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    todays stuff

Last edited by FROZ3N; January 10th, 2013 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bleh.
    bad day
    keep tryin
    or die mirin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    got my first pro comission.(x2) woo hoo. I took them cheap to see if I can get a few more....this one is almost done, a bit more color and clean-up and clear coat/final sand and polish. There is huge surf community here and I hope to more than a few more of these.
    Pisces board up next....water and fish. I have a huge blister on my finger from drawing. boo hoo.
    pics.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stay with me here as my learning curve kicks in.

some final touches and then done. client approved work.
    on to next

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    todays sketch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff sir, those surf board designs are nice to look at. Your robotic takes are organic in nature, like they were almost ghost-like.

Keep doing you

My site:
    http://thecentersphere.yolasite.com/

DA:
    http://halfshavenbananas.deviantart.com/

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vulgar` For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Vulgar! Whats up man, yeah i wish i could keep the boards hanging up in my place to glace at once and a while, but two happy kids are using them to surf at the moment.....Thanks for droppin by....The bots seem to start mech-like with the line drawing, and then I get lost in what comes to mind or what I "see" as im spinning as i call it if im stuck and i just do what i think looks right but then it never turns out quite like my minds eye sees it and get frustrated but then I kick back and relax and try again hoping one day what i draw will be closer to what my mind sees....(if that makes any sense)...edit. wait. thats a little closer. real gross and stuff...
    todays bloody mess....and worked on tuning and building some new machines. I hope to do some one off tattoo machine builds in the future...

Last edited by FROZ3N; January 19th, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    erg. rough week man
    feels bad man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jhonshadow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  preacher.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  44.2 KBThanks bro. There will be more to come...I try to draw everyday. I am struggling, sometimes i regress for a week or 2 until I break through a stuck spot.....I was feeling stale so i tried a new workfloe.
    todays sketch

Last edited by FROZ3N; January 23rd, 2013 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  nhhhh.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  58.6 KBbad day
    big mess

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy shit, you've been busy. I feel ashamed.

Love those surfboard designs and the skull with rose in #135. Can really see your eye for strong tattoo design coming through in both of those.

Keep working - you'll get there. Though, I hear you on the frustrating days. I've had far too many of those this last winter.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Candra H For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  goodday.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  49.7 KBWhatsup C....About tattooing. I dont speak much of it, because Im superstitious. Sometimes I feel like a prostitute when i get home.........Last night I took a shower with water so hot, i thought my skin would burn off....and then i felt bad and woozy all night........I guess its the intimacy, or the blood...or the closeness and the smells.....I dont know. I am either dragging bloody needles through skin or drawing on boards or pahetically attempting to draw something cool with this tablet......I dont kow why, I dont have to work. I dont have to do anything.
    but something is driving me to leave my mark
    thanks for droppin by C, you rule.
    and here is my crappy sketch today, tomorrow I will do studies. (puke)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool sketchbook !! You doing a really good job taking your skills to the next level! Remember to keep pushing your studies as well as the creative works you do. Looking forward to seeing how much you progress Keep Going!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph Church For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those boards are really slick. I like the skulls, and this dude with the spider legs coming out of his mouth is awesome. I think #136 is your best yet, looks like a concept for doom 3 or something.

Have you tried using sharper edges on the mechanical details? In PS I find you have to work pretty big (~4000 pixels) to be able to get proper hard edges on things.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kvetch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  a23.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  50.2 KBName:  67iiiiii.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  61.2 KBName:  67uuuu.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  43.2 KBName:  who.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  56.1 KBWhatsup Joe and Kvetch. Thanks for droppin by....I admire both of you as artists....I hope to sharpen my skills enough to be in the same league as you fellas.
    Today I had good and bad news. Good news is, I got my first pro digital commission ......bad news is I took it for free. I completed an assignment that included some photo retouch and some tweaking of an existing logo. Its boring, so i wont post it here, but one day I hope it leads to me being the "guy" they goto....and next time it will cost em. I tried some enviros today and failed hella hard, but Im still on my grind thanks for the tips and comments.....wait...wut?
    4000 pixels?
    that would surely blow my laptop up. time for some new gear.....
    todays post

Last edited by FROZ3N; January 26th, 2013 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Doing spec work isn't always a bad thing, I have a friend who worked gratis for a small software developer doing 3d modeling and animation, he helped them out for a bit, and after they found their feet they gave him a good contract and took him on full time. Just got to look out for the ones who take you for granted.

I reckon the third enviro and the skull with the darker red rose works best. I've been looking at a lot of enviro stuff recently, and I think a lot of what makes a successful one is to do with the sense of depth. If I approach it thinking 'how can I push things further into the distance, how can I make it look like you can go from a to b' really helps. Then I kind of get hung up trying to think of things that would indicate depth, like paths going into the picture, rivers, really big objects that have atmospheric haze as they go into the distance, little dudes to indicate scale, organising values into foreground, mid ground and background, all that stuff. But anyway, if I think about that kind of thing, then look at awesome artists like Jama, Sparth, Maciej, Andree Wallin, delor (who you should definitely check out on cghub) I can normally work out a trick or something that they used to indicate depth or help the composition.

Anyway, keep it up dude, there's some scary stuff in here.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kvetch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo Kvetch, Its true. people will take advantage of you if you let them. However sometimes when someone or something is trying to "use" me, I use it right back. Some crazy stuff happened, i wont get into it all here until later. I will be working as a concept artist. I never thought this would happen, I just was drawing to let out all those things....ya know? ....I thought I made it big, until i saw the contract....then i wanted to stab ,myself in the neck with a fork. But this is my shot, I must take it . I think the clincher was,,when he winked at me during the interview and said "you will be working on a cintiq".....game on. thanks CA and thanks Kvetch...you rock...todays postName:  zombie copy.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  47.4 KBName:  rex.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  61.6 KB

Last edited by FROZ3N; January 31st, 2013 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congratulations dude, really happy for you! Let us know how you get on, sounds like you'll have some fun new toys to mess around with :o

Nice zombies, liking the swagger on the second one. Might be worth trying toning down the blacks in the background, put some atmosphere in between the viewer and the buildings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for all the tips Man, I listen and will apply to my next piece....which may never happen....When you are working drawing, you dont want to do any more "work" ....so your private stuff you want to do suffers.....I am on par to complete more than 40 concepts this week, I hope one of them will make it to production and then I can show off the work......I fear I will never see the cintique as my skills are so low I have been asked to empty my cup and relearn everything.
    here is some surfboard stuff.
    catcha laterz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  48.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  500.1 KBName:  heron2.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  46.5 KBName:  img053.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  299.2 KBName:  product copy.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  132.9 KBName:  donebodyrx1.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  512.5 KBThe other day, i was tattooing, and this nice lady came in, little did i know what was going to happen....After some polite conversation, the piece was to be placed on her foot..... So she sticks it up on the table, and it looks like 9 miles of bad road.....the skin was of an elephants ear, the lines runniing through it, deep and strong....I remained professional and shaved it, then watched as i sprayed and the bubbles of green soap gathered inside the crooks of her toes....After some cleaning, i began to think about my life a little. I am not a person who likes to be "close" to people I am not "close" with....as My mind wandered, i fired up my trusty liner and touched her foot with my gloved hand.....drifting to a better place with my thoughts, the beach, the sand, the sun, ...bussssszzzzzzzzz.........Then she stopped me....Please she said....please run the line in between my toes? I stopped. What have I become? Is this everything I ever wanted?..........Why does this bitch want me to do this?
    I have a few questions God. Cant wait to get some answers on day.

some new stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff man.

Hairy elephant foot lady? Holy sh...I think you need to paint a monster based on that. Maybe just tattoo eyes on her foot or something.
    Nice story.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Kvetch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More coolness. Good luck with the other work - sounds like you're on a roll right now - and I like those environments further up. Kvetch gave good advice there and I'm going to check out the people he mentioned for my own inspiration too.

Also interesting to hear what you said about the tattooing thing. I never really thought about it like that before - just thought about cool art and people wanting it on their bodies - so it's interesting to see a different angle on it. Sorry to hear about the effect it's all starting to have but hopefully if you get the concept thing going full time, you wont have to do it much longer.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Candra H For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi friends. Thank you for dropping by to see more useless crap. The other day, a woman came into the tattoo shop with her husband...the pungent smell of stale beer surrounded them like an aura you could taste. After some playful banter, The man chose to get a huge Harley badge on his shoulder by the other artist, and of course, I was face to face with a drunkard woman unsure of where or what to place on her body that night... 6 different designs were chosen only to be thrown away as her indecisevness led me to begin to feel the fingers of frustration creep up my neck like a cold knife dragging over skin
    I went to my" special place" as she finally decided to get a "pawprint" to remember her dead dog......"Where?" I asked....This question always makes me wish I never ask it, becuase the answer could be benign or full of fuck.
    "here" she said...as she pointed to just above her special place...."here, there is a scar from an infected belly button ring...here is where I wish it to be placed...I could feel the tingles of dissapointment as I gloved up and began to inspect the scarred area....the keloid scar was raised above the natural grade of the skin more than an eigth of an inch,,,,,, But now it is not a scarred piece of skin way to close to an area I wish never to be near, it is only a canvas of mountains and valleys I must cross with my machine that God has given me..........."are you ready" I ask....as i fire up the iron...the buzzing calms me some as I position myself over her, shaking a little, I am nervous. She is a bitch. She should not be getting tattood, but its too late now, as my needle breaks into her skin.........A drop of blood came to the surface and I wiped it off...............................................
    till next time my friends.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Journal entry: 105. As I got dressed I asked myself why am i doing this....The bills are due...There isnt enough dough to get where i need to be.
    I stepped outside into the night, the eerie silence deafened me as I began my drive....As I approached my target, the sihlouette of a man smoking a cigarette slowed my approach.....I turned off the lights and the darkness enveloped the car....I slipped my rag over the bridge of my nose and tightened it....My heart sped up as I shut the door of the ride as quietly as i could but the sound was so loud that it nearly made me stop...I said to myself...
    "do it tomorrow"
    but there is no tomorrow as I gather my wits.......its now or never.
    till next time my friends

Last edited by FROZ3N; February 20th, 2013 at 08:36 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 133