Sketchbook: Metal and makeup - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvetch View Post
    Hi mate,

CA is definitely weird. There's a great general feeling of 'we can all do this if we try', but there's also a fucking infuriating undercurrent of repetition. "Work on your anatomy, work on your perspective, go back to basics, loomis, loomis, loomis", etc.
    There are plenty of dicks, but also a lot of well-intentioned people earnestly giving bad advice.
    If we all lived by the CA code of improvement nobody would draw anything but loomis construction heads and perspective grids.
    I dunno if you've seen the 'worst of ca' thread in the lounge (just a collection of users who got their panties in a bunch when offered advice and either wig out or refuse to acknowledge they need to improve). It's often funny, but it's also a little sickening the way everybody piles on to give the exact same advice over and over again. Kicking people when they're down is human nature though I suppose.

Yeah, you need to work on everything. We all do, and always will, so let's enjoy ourselves while we can

Hang on, are you really banned? wtf?
    yeah man. i was banned. I was defending my ideas....What I learned is not to focus on vultures feeding off of your kill, just eat and leave the rest for the scavengers.
    Anyway...here is todays sketch(BATH SALTS) and some stuff i drew while I was gone.
    Thanks for having me back.
    Mace

Attached Images Attached Images                      
    Last edited by FROZ3N; August 30th, 2012 at 09:12 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ohhh shittt liking the new updates. really cool designs and cyborgish type things.
    btw it's me Sporus, had name change.
    welcome back? lol
    keep em comin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahan View Post
    ohhh shittt liking the new updates. really cool designs and cyborgish type things.
    btw it's me Sporus, had name change.
    welcome back? lol
    keep em comin
    Whastup brotha...good to hear from ya. I like you, or any critical artist hates thier stuff after they draw it because you see so many mistakes...you know? And somedays you just cant draw anything and it all looks like crap...like today. I painted myself into a corner . I am using a glove i designed to allieveate the pressure points on your fingers where the wacom pen is placed. I think a glove like this could increase procution rate by slowing fatigue. See above tablet glove concept. On another note, the pen moved by itself today in my hand. Also, some textures that I never added showed up after i posted the work on Facebook, so I am iether losing my mnd or something is driving my hand
    todays sketch
    good to be back dudes/chicks
    lets draw

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    draw/sleep
    draw more

Last edited by FROZ3N; August 20th, 2012 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    God
    Do Something

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    water practice
    let me cool your eyes off
    watch for the animation 2nd pic

Last edited by FROZ3N; August 22nd, 2012 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    couldnt draw sh!t today....arrrrrrg. tried an enviro/failed/ tried a woman/failed
    oh well there is tomorrow

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvetch View Post
    If we all lived by the CA code of improvement nobody would draw anything but loomis construction heads and perspective grids.
    Oh my god. This so much.
    Or just realism (Or whatever) 100% of the time. You'd never have any other sort of style, after a while everything would look the same person made it.

Often the best medicine for improvement is figuring out what you need and pursuing it on your own. While others *can* give you good advice, the only one who knows what you really need to achieve what you want is you yourself.

All the 'CA code' advice can be helpful if that's what you want to do, but what if you don't? One size doesn't fit all in this case.

@PITCHBLACK I've overlooked all of your art on here and notice you draw a lot of these black/darkish ghost-like things with (often animal) skulls, you wouldn't have happened to seen these in dreams would you? They've characterized my darkest emotions for years, I never thought I'd find someone who's seen them too.

On an similar but unrelated note, I think your conversion from traditional to digital is coming out really well, do you draw these out first or do you just start painting?

Last edited by Suja Of Jauhnral; August 23rd, 2012 at 05:29 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suja Of Jauhnral For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Suja Of Jauhnral View Post
    Oh my god. This so much.
    Or just realism (Or whatever) 100% of the time. You'd never have any other sort of style, after a while everything would look the same person made it.

Often the best medicine for improvement is figuring out what you need and pursuing it on your own. While others *can* give you good advice, the only one who knows what you really need to achieve what you want is you yourself.

All the 'CA code' advice can be helpful if that's what you want to do, but what if you don't? One size doesn't fit all in this case.

@PITCHBLACK I've overlooked all of your art on here and notice you draw a lot of these black/darkish ghost-like things with (often animal) skulls, you wouldn't have happened to seen these in dreams would you? They've characterized my darkest emotions for years, I never thought I'd find someone who's seen them too.

On an similar but unrelated note, I think your conversion from traditional to digital is coming out really well, do you draw these out first or do you just start painting?
    First of all, thanks for droppin by. I dont pre sketch or draw with pencil as i feel it is a step back for me...I need to be really comfy with wacom and pen, and so I stick strictly to diital. Sometimes i sketch the rough outlinein photoshop before i draw something, sometimes i dont. My approach and style is waaayyy different than any tutorial or workflow that most people follow, I go off of instinct mainly. One day I want to do a tutorial... when I hit page 10 I will, I have some real cool ways of breaking through the "stuck" spots that i feel will be really helpful to beginning artists. As far as my art goes, its all shit that ive seen in real life or dreamed about...sometimes i feel like there is someone moving my hand and it just goes.....there is a dam holding back all my visions.....
    but its getting ready to break....as i feel more comfy and as i practice i feel something coming....something big.
    As far as all the talk about studies, studies, studies...I find that the more studies you do, the better you get at accuracy, but the more your imagination and creativity rots away as you fret over the compostion,light and shadow,anatomy, and such. I have seen and heard so many people strugling with their "imagination".
    stop doing studies.
    its rotting your brain
    Draw hard!!!!!!!!!!
    todays sketch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today i was in the zone...everything was clicking.
    I visualized my office/study of the future...huge marble desk modified...sketchbook pro on a stand...intuos3 sittin on desk as well. 2/42 inch led monitors above desk one playing autechre or apex twin videos, the other my WIP..... connected to alienware towers/water cooled...tinted blulbs overhead..mad drawings/posters all over the walls..... and all the goodies I need to lock myself inside for a day or two.
    As of now, Im working off of a couch with a beat up bamboo tablet..i love the studio thread on here...
    go check it out
    todays sketches

Last edited by FROZ3N; August 25th, 2012 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    do work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey great progress since my last visit!

Big fan of your robots, especially these one from post #91. Nice choose of colors\contrast. It looks pretty subtle. Not sure if that's your goal though

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tsabu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice sketchbook!
    Browsed it from the start and the progress you have made since then is great.

As for people giving advice, some of it can be with genuinely good intentions and I personally don't mind feedback and constructive advice/criticism - but in the end, you know, each person knows what he needs to most work on.

I know I must do more studies and someone saying "You need to do more studies" most certainly isn't overly helpful, even if meant with good intentions.
    Way more helpful than that is when someone offers a very specific resource that might be helpful. "Oh, if you want to do hand studies, check out Hand Study Book by H. Studious and this link here."
    That's way more helpful than just saying "Practice more"

Agree with what most people say that you need to follow your own style and just figure out what YOU think you need to improve and focus on that, while also maintaining your creativity in good shape, you know.
    Just doing studies and copying from nature all the time has potential to dumb down one's ability to think something up on the spot, in my opinion. Yes, it is useful but if done too much is counterproductive in the end.
    I know a ton of people who do absolutely perfect portraits and figures but simply lack imagination to incorporate them into something bigger.

Imagination and creativity, in my opinion, must be practiced and kept "in shape" as much as any other thing in life.

Again, it all comes down to what works for each individual person.

Also, the cyborg in #94 is just fantastic - maybe even my personal favorite of your SB.

SKETCHBOOK

Everything is going to kill everybody.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JuliusObviousMagnus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hello mate, i know we were talking in PM but i thought id say hello and thanks too here in your SB.
    I like this pic a lot, reminds me of Eva Unit 02 (my favourite!)
    keep up the hard work, itll pay off!

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; August 27th, 2012 at 10:37 AM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tsabu View Post
    Hey great progress since my last visit!

Big fan of your robots, especially these one from post #91. Nice choose of colors\contrast. It looks pretty subtle. Not sure if that's your goal though
    lol. thanks man! My goal is to just get this crap out of my mind and onto canvas, sometimes the turn out subtle, sometimes loud. I want to create mecha that will shock the world one day that is one of my goals..good to see you pushing man. Stufff is lookin good over there.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusObviousMagnus View Post
    Very nice sketchbook!
    Browsed it from the start and the progress you have made since then is great.

As for people giving advice, some of it can be with genuinely good intentions and I personally don't mind feedback and constructive advice/criticism - but in the end, you know, each person knows what he needs to most work on.

I know I must do more studies and someone saying "You need to do more studies" most certainly isn't overly helpful, even if meant with good intentions.
    Way more helpful than that is when someone offers a very specific resource that might be helpful. "Oh, if you want to do hand studies, check out Hand Study Book by H. Studious and this link here."
    That's way more helpful than just saying "Practice more"

Agree with what most people say that you need to follow your own style and just figure out what YOU think you need to improve and focus on that, while also maintaining your creativity in good shape, you know.
    Just doing studies and copying from nature all the time has potential to dumb down one's ability to think something up on the spot, in my opinion. Yes, it is useful but if done too much is counterproductive in the end.
    I know a ton of people who do absolutely perfect portraits and figures but simply lack imagination to incorporate them into something bigger.

Imagination and creativity, in my opinion, must be practiced and kept "in shape" as much as any other thing in life.

Again, it all comes down to what works for each individual person.

Also, the cyborg in #94 is just fantastic - maybe even my personal favorite of your SB.
    Thanks for droppin by man and thanks for the props...I have a loong way to go and it feels like its aplate of glass that is painted white and I have just begun to scratch away with my fingernail to see a little of what is inside of this world....the cyborg piece was done when I was really spaced out, I have having trouble riding the line between too spaced out, and not spaced out enough.......I like your statement "dumb down"..you are right about that and i see these same things as well..I agreee 100% with you it is a realist view Im glad you share it.
    you rock
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    hello mate, i know we were talking in PM but i thought id say hello and thanks too here in your SB.
    I like this pic a lot, reminds me of Eva Unit 02 (my favourite!)
    keep up the hard work, itll pay off!

Yes and thanks for your time. I feel honored to have you here looking at my "work" as I feel yours is dialed so deep its scary... I havent read a book or played a video game in ages, so Ill have to google eva to see what you are talkin about....
    haha! thanks alot for the input fellas.....i admire anyone that puts in work and tries as hard as they can to improve on any level in anything.
    I have been drawing everyday, as i did today working on a piece I sketched last night....
    lets draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    excuse me while i mess with your mind
    cyborg repair center

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bleh.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I thought this mech was going to be the "one" that got me to what i call level 3 but somewhere I messed it all up.
    sh!t
    but the cool news is, i can draw all day with this glove i created, pm me fordetailson how to make a simple one for yourself if you draw alot.
    anyway here is last nights/this mornings sketch
    big day today....working

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today I reached what i call level 3.
    Im am soooo F$%$ing excited to be able to draw something respectable my brain cells firing like mad
    I dont trace or copy...I do use photos for reference and i do use photo textures only for texture
    todays sketches
    Pour out a little and blow out some smoke for your boi
    Mace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey mate! really like the new updates especially the kind of tranparent torso comes out pretty cool. Getting better and better every day. Keep them coming

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Tschayssen View Post
    hey mate! really like the new updates especially the kind of tranparent torso comes out pretty cool. Getting better and better every day. Keep them coming
    Thanks bro. Some stuff happened that was really weird and stopped me from drawing
    now im drawing again
    some crap

Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 2,426 Posts
    Follows
    Following

The strange creepiness continues to show as Mad Max started to grow in the snow.
    I see your background of darkness and tattoo career, it have left a mark in the new
    ways of the current industry. Weird and unique path you have found in your art,
    my eyes were eating up everything you did. It's a release valve for you and for us too.
    So much emotion and feeling put into each of your painting, I am blasted away, showering
    myself down with fresh drips of deserted waterfall. Sharpen up the edges sometimes,
    clench your fist and teeth from time to time, you will get even more energy into
    those vibes that you provide. Overall you are great, a true refreshment to our
    mountain conquering team, do please continue with your art and with sharing
    your visions. Till our next meeting, take care and be well.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

27. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Snake.I respect and admire your works, and your visions stay in my mind like grainy photos i cant erase from my memory... they will always be there as mine will always be in your mind never to leave only to be recalled and looked at from time to time i am a huge fan of you and your art thank you bro....

Last edited by FROZ3N; January 29th, 2014 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, glad your still with us. The red mech stood out to me too, something about the arm and the shoulder is awesome. Hands are great, really expressive. Love the blue & white mech in #109 too.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kvetch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, sorry I havent been around in a while and sorry to hear you werent drawing for a bit. Your work is looking good and I hope you keep at it and keep posting.

P.S. did I read that you got banned? What happened? I'm glad to see it wasn't permanent though.

P.P.S. I like the new username but I liked the old one better.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Candra H For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi mate, hope you're doing ok. Now get your ass in gear. We need more fucked up stuff like this around here: http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1345914741

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Kvetch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Merry Christmas and thanks for stoppin by Kvetch and Candra, Yeah Im ok, My life took some turns and twists that led me to some things I thought i would never achieve, and then they were taken away and granted again.....as i crawl my way from the bottom, I am relishing every scent, taste, and feeling I can savor while I continue my journey ....its been a little gritty and dirty lately, but nothing I cant handle...makes for some good art anywayz.....so Thanks for droppin by, Merry Christmas .........now lets draw

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for stopping by my sb and it's good to see you back. Hope life isn't keeping you too much on your toes, though it sounds like you're handling it anyway.

Best of luck with everything and keep drawing!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Candra H For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Candra H For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Candra................yes life is hard.......but the struggle keeps me feelin alive...nomsayin? God Bless. Anyway,coudnt get right today. I tried tho.
    maybe next time
    mech is hard.

Last edited by FROZ3N; December 29th, 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 152