Thanks

Unhappy Resetting Brush Tracking...

Quick question about Brush Tracking (in Painter 6, 7, 8)...

Once you input a sample stroke it totally hoses the "default" brush sensitivety/tracking. I can't seem to think of any way to reset it short of knowing the starting settings or re-installing Painter.

The reason I ask, is that I don't want to have two variables in the equation: 1) the Wacom pressure settings and 2) the Brush tracking in Painter based on your sample stroke.

I mean, is it me, or how the heck do you do your "average" sample stroke. It basically makes the brushes behave differently every time I put in a new sample.

I think I would rather not mess with the brush tracking.

Please let me know if there's a way to reset to default, and or if I am missing the true purpose of Brush Tracking.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Here are the DEFAULT settings...

I re-installed Painter (8) and here are the settings, in case you ever want to set them to the "Default Startup":

Thanks
    Hi,

Brush Tracking can be very useful in a number of ways, both for special work and because brush variants behave in so many different ways.

For instance:

If you want your brushstrokes to be very light while doing "delicate" work, paint with more pressure on the Brush Tracking pad.

If you want your brushstrokes to be darker without having to press hard while painting, use less than normal pressure on the Brush Tracking pad.

Once you know the default settings (as they were when Painter was installed) for the Brush Tracking sliders, you can easily reset them manually.
    Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks

Thanks Jin

Yes, I think that those two points are very valid. I just wish they hadn't forgotten to put in a "Reset" Button. Hopefully the settings I posted will save somebody else a re-install.