Sketchbook: Derp.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Derp.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Derp.

Hello people of ConceptArt! I'm brand new here, so I'm sorry if I'm doing this wrong. Please correct me if there's a particular format. ^^;

This...is where my doodles shall go. I'm open to critiques (that's why I'm here! ^-^), but be warned that these ARE only doodles and practice, so I know they won't be perfect, and some of them will be downright silly. :p

Mediums...All graphite works are done with a mechanical pencil because that's what I'm most comfortable with. I know all about the fancy shmancy pencils out there, and I have tried them, and they are very nice. But I like my mech pencils better anyways. *shrug*

I have no idea what else to say. It's late, I'm sleep-deprived, and I'm going to bed soon. So here are a few older things just to get it started.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The teddy bear was drawn in late 2008. I asked my friends what to draw, and they all said "An emo teddy bear!" Soooo this was born. :3 I'm quite fond of the little fella now and will post him up for mondo critique later, but I wanted to put him here so he'll hopefully show up as this thread's thumbnail icon. XD; Done with mecha pencil, as always.

The other two were drawn in 2005 or 2006, when during a spring vacation in the Bahamas, I suddenly had the urge to draw naked Japanese water demons. :p Haha...I don't know. Anyway, they are Kappas: Japanese mythological creatures who live in rivers and lakes and stuff and feast on human flesh/blood. They also really like cucumbers. In fact, if you carve your name into a cucumber and throw it at them, they will spare you in favor of the vegetable. XD They have hollow heads with bowled out tops, filled with water, which stbolizes all their power. If you trick one into bowing to you, the water will run out and it will lose its power, enabling you to run away.

So. Um. Yeah. Anything else? Uh...they are unfinished(thank you Captain Obvious) because I lost interest. Also because I was having trouble with the hands. I hate hands. Especially webbed ones.

Oh yeah: WARNING, BOOBIES AHEAD.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by ObsidianPyro; May 29th, 2010 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Loooots of typos.
    "Ideas are bulletproof." - V
    ~Sketchbook~
    ~Moar dumb arts~
    ~Photography~
    ~Silly videos~
    ~Ye olde Tegaki~
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some reaslism

Here are a few more recent sketches. They were done sometime last year (I really had no time for art THIS year. ), in an attempt to practice realism and become faster. I'm a perfectionist, so it takes me sooooo long to draw a reslistic portrait. My goal in drawing these was to get faster at drawing people and to get better at working past movement of the model. The Cooper doodles were done in fourty minutes; the Adam one done in perhaps fifteen or twenty, and the Tressa one in around thirty. I told you....really slow. ^^;

Done with a mechanical pencil.

Critiques and suggestions welcome. ^_^

~Sketchbook~
    ~Moar dumb arts~
    ~Photography~
    ~Silly videos~
    ~Ye olde Tegaki~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mmmkay. ^^; Sorry, it's just that I don't have much to show recently, since I had absoloutely no time for art during this school year. I did get a lot of costume desgin renderings done, but unfortunately they are still with my professor and unable to be scanned. >>;

But okay! Here's a doodle. Had no idea what to draw, so...just eyes. My boyfriend's eyes. Done from a photograph, so not all that detailed, but...yeah.

Eyes are fun to draw. :3

~Sketchbook~
    ~Moar dumb arts~
    ~Photography~
    ~Silly videos~
    ~Ye olde Tegaki~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice start so far, really enjoy your portrait work especially. Post moooaaar!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cgaddict For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the eyes and the teddy! CUTE!

Keep it up and post more!

Take care
    Norris

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Norris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Color crazy

cgaddict: Thank youso much! ^^ I really like drawing people. It takes so long, though! I can't wait to get better so I can get faster. Then I could do it all the time instead of waiting for a subject who's holding still enough. >>;

Norris: Wow, thank you! =D Eyes are one of my favorite things to draw. And I shall! ^-^

Todaaaaay I'll just put up these trippy shoes. Started out as a continuous contour drawing of my feet, drawn with a sharpie. Then I colored it with chalk. My pants and shoes were monochrome black, so instead of coloring them from life I just went all Lisa Frank and barfed a rainbow all over them. ^^; 'Twas fun, though.

~Sketchbook~
    ~Moar dumb arts~
    ~Photography~
    ~Silly videos~
    ~Ye olde Tegaki~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woooo for trippy colours! I love such stuff.

You should definitely do more studies from life I find it the fastest way to learn. Even if you do it for half an hour each day... it will pay off for sure.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Donna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Paper and Fairies

Thank you! I love colorful things. And I will try to do things from life more often...I have fun when I do it, but I rarely get a really good opportunity to. ^^; With people as subjects, anyways.

Which is why the sketch from life for today is of....paper. XD BORING SKETCH IS BORING. <_<; But I will try to take your advice to heart and draw SOMEthing from life every day, even if it is only paper. XD;;

To make up for the boring paper, I will also post some naked fairy things. CARTOOOONS.
    I love coloring things like a stoner loves shrooms. Colored them with prismacolor pencils, by the way. Background erased in Photoshop.

Oh yeah, Warning: Moar boobies (sans nipples)

Last edited by ObsidianPyro; June 1st, 2010 at 01:57 AM.
    ~Sketchbook~
    ~Moar dumb arts~
    ~Photography~
    ~Silly videos~
    ~Ye olde Tegaki~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Clicky da linky?

And and and aaaaand by the way, I have a few new things up for critique.
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...39#post2759939
    If any of you want to take a look...

They are still old, but...but I have a legitimate reason. >_0

~Sketchbook~
    ~Moar dumb arts~
    ~Photography~
    ~Silly videos~
    ~Ye olde Tegaki~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start on your sketchbook. Try to focus more on anatomy studies at first. You will benefit a lot for your future drawing and painting own figures.
    And I see you already have an interesting imagination Cheers!
    Keep it up!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ivan Turcin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Alas, Poor Yorick

Ivan: Thank you! I will definitely focus on anatomy as much as possible. That's one of the biggest things I need to improve on! Do you have any suggestions on how to practice on specific areas, such as hands and feet? (appendages are awkward >>; ).
    I also have a lot of trouble with perspective and foreshortening, in I'm not drawing from life. If I'm drawing from a model I can get it down all right, but if I try to draw something from my head, forshortening just...fails. D:

By the way, I took a look at your sketchbook, and you are just fanTAStic! I am glowing with awe and envy. o.o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    These next uploads are a little random, I guess. First is an unfinished still-life: first time attempting to draw a skull! ^^; And...I LOVE shading shiny things. :3 All done in mechanical pencil, as usual.

Second sketch is silly. I draw it on greaseboards, usually(this time it was on paper, obviously). It's my signature greaseboard graffitti. :p (what do they call them now? whiteboards? I was told that they are not called greaseboards anymore...)

Third is my old manager. XD She was always yelling at me, especially for not being loud and cheerful enough when I greeted the customers. By the way, that was her permanent expression. XD The sad thing is that my drawing is barely exaggerating her looks. (drew it on scrap paper at work, then threw sloppy colors onto it in Photoshop.)

Last edited by ObsidianPyro; June 1st, 2010 at 10:50 PM.
    ~Sketchbook~
    ~Moar dumb arts~
    ~Photography~
    ~Silly videos~
    ~Ye olde Tegaki~

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.