Vega Painting needs critique

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello guys, could you please give some feedback, critiques on this following piece? Thanks a lot

By the way, can someone please tell me how to insert thumbnail on thread? Thanks again.

Last edited by Imagine13; May 28th, 2010 at 10:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    anyone?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think this piece is looks great, I'm always a sucker for a good Street Fighter painting.

A couple things look like they could use some a bit of tweaking. I think that the claw should stick out at more of a right angle to the hand instead of it pointing upwards. It might help to straighten out the hairline on the reflection of Vega too, right now it's at kind of a slant. it also looks like the metal around the mirror could use a bit more contrast, sometimes you can achieve this just by using the dodge tool in photoshop on the highlights. Lastly, the light appears to be coming from slightly behind Vega in the mirror while the Vega without the mask seems to be strongly lit from the front.

Overall though, I really like this pic and it does a lot right. Shoryuken!

"Everyone loves a plump grandma." - Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there! I agree with the above post, also the right arm that is being shadowed by the left arm with the claw, it seems a little flat as there is not alot of tonal range near the shoulder and muscles.
    Hope this helps

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey there, Looking great! I also noticed that the claws are at a strange angle, the should follow the line of his arm.

Also I noticed a chandelier above Vega in the mirror image and there is some nice yellow splash light on his traps and shoulders but there is none of that light on him while he's wearing the robe. The chandelier would still be above him on both sides of the mirror right? might be nice to include some of that splash light on the green robe as well... looking great though!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Daruma View Post
    I think this piece is looks great, I'm always a sucker for a good Street Fighter painting.

A couple things look like they could use some a bit of tweaking. I think that the claw should stick out at more of a right angle to the hand instead of it pointing upwards. It might help to straighten out the hairline on the reflection of Vega too, right now it's at kind of a slant. it also looks like the metal around the mirror could use a bit more contrast, sometimes you can achieve this just by using the dodge tool in photoshop on the highlights. Lastly, the light appears to be coming from slightly behind Vega in the mirror while the Vega without the mask seems to be strongly lit from the front.

Overall though, I really like this pic and it does a lot right. Shoryuken!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerzulen View Post
    Hey there! I agree with the above post, also the right arm that is being shadowed by the left arm with the claw, it seems a little flat as there is not alot of tonal range near the shoulder and muscles.
    Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by abone114 View Post
    hey there, Looking great! I also noticed that the claws are at a strange angle, the should follow the line of his arm.

Also I noticed a chandelier above Vega in the mirror image and there is some nice yellow splash light on his traps and shoulders but there is none of that light on him while he's wearing the robe. The chandelier would still be above him on both sides of the mirror right? might be nice to include some of that splash light on the green robe as well... looking great though!
    Thank you guys for the extremely valuable feedback. I can tell you guys know what you are talking about! Most of you agreed on there be some light on back of Vega without costume. I also added some value where Zerzulen mentioned. Here's an update. What do you guys think now? Thanks again for your time:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the painting in the background, smart way to bring in some of his story into the image. There are two things that bug me:

1. The claw is still at a strange angle; I think it would look sturdier if it was more in line with the highlight in his arm.

2. Is there any particular reason you went with green candle light?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.