Sketchbook: Tara's Sketchbook

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Tara's Sketchbook

Hi all. I've been looking at this forum so I decided to join and start a sketchbook, since there are so many great artists here and I need to learn a lot. I've been doing art on and off for a long time but recently I started getting serious about practicing more and improving. I'm going to go back to the basics and do a lot of sketches, studies, ect. Advice about anything will be welcomed.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Well here are some thinks I have sketched recently to start off with.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Some studies of lighting in photoshop. Mostly from imagination. Not to happy with...going to look on here for some good exercises to do.

Thanks
    I just found out about Posemaniacs so I tried the 30 second exercise. All I could do was scribbles within the time limit, so I drew some with no time limit but tried to go as fast as I could and not erase lines. Worked on one of the black and white faces and tried to make the lighting and hair more correct, and did another one of fabric hanging over a chair. It didn't come out looking like fabric. I'm just going to go back to more basic subject matter, I'll probably improve more that way.

That's all I drew over the weekend. I also draw in a sketchbook but I don't have a scanner so I can't upload them. That's why all of the ones I uploaded so far are from Photoshop. I'll have to figure something out.

Thanks
    Hey Tara, I would recommend focusing on drawing from life... it seems counter intuitive to be doing studies of draped fabric "from imagination". Drawing from a reference is the only way to grow, I feel. I think the Posemaniacs is a great resource... keep at it.

And do be sure to check out my sketchbook if you have time!
    ketchook
    LinkedIn

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Yeti Ball For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for giving me feedback. That's true, I drew the fabric from still lifes but I didn't look at them again while I painted them and everything got messed up. I tend to not spend enough time observing before I try to finish things, I've been going about things backwards. I need to get better at drawing, do more basic studies ect. before I try to paint those kinds of things. I'm glad I found this site or I would probably never improve. I haven't drawn very much the last few days (it's finals week) just a few untimed posemaniacs on which I cheated and cleaned up the lines this time (I always draw too many scribble lines) and some random sketches.

Thanks
    Wow I haven't been practicing regularly enough since I started this. This is a still life from a photo that I'm working on coloring and I experimented with coloring one of the faces. Lately I've been trying to paint things in grayscale before/instead of color.

Thanks
    There has been a long pause in any art related activity from me. This is something I've been working on. I sketched it in PS, then shaded, and now I'm coloring and adding a background. I'm not sure about the proportions and there's not a lot of difference in color to the whole idea so I'm not sure how to make it more dynamic. Then I started coloring my bee sketch and as the background tried layering different pictures of honeycomb and painting over it. I'm not sure how the whole thing is working. I might take out the smaller bee.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.