T-Shirt/logo surfing artwork needed
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

T-Shirt/logo surfing artwork needed

I need 3 T-shirt designs done for a new surfing product I'm preparing to market at mobygrip.com

I'm having a difficult time explaining to artist what type of artwork I'm looking for in a T-shirt design. (I may not even know what type of artwork I'm looking for till I see it)

I'm approaching the T-Shirt design along the lines of how they do comic books, pencil/ink work drawings, colorist, and then lettering, by possibly different artist.

I'm also open to any suggestions.

This exercise will help me better define the type of artwork and color schemes that I'm looking for so I'm doing it in stages.

I will also provide photos & reference material to help with the design work.

Stage 1

A. The simple pencil sketches (detail not required)can include the octopus incorporated into the design at mobygrip.com, such as the tentacles forming a border around the surfing action or around a surfing photo.

(It's very possible this logo of the octopus doesn't lend itself to forming a border for the drawing/photo of the surfing action so it's ok to do the design without the octopus).

B. The simple pencil sketches to be of the surfing action hanging 10, hanging 5, and aerials. (I have photos that can be used for reference)

I want 3 pencil sketches of surfers on waves.

Please do not spend a lot of time on the sketches (no detail required)

After I see the quick sketches, we can go back in and fill in the details.

It's ok to do these as silhouettes and change them because I don't want them to look exactly like the original photos.

1. nose ride 1 (hanging 10)

2. nose ride 2 (hanging 5)

3. aerial 1 (surfer blasting free of wave)

Stage 2

Color the designs in.

Stage 3

If possible add the octopus logo and the words Moby Grip surf traction to the design.

Stage 4

Create a border with bamboo around the design if the octopus is not incorporated with the original design.

If you can send me a link to your portfolio I'll pick a style I'm interested in.

Artist to provide a price for their services as we progress thru the various stages after they review the reference material I'll supply.

There is a possibility that I may use 1 artist for the pencil or ink drawings,another artist as a colorist , and another for the lettering.

If 1 artist can do all 3 designs from start to finish that's ok with me or I might pick 1 design from 3 different artist.

Artist familiar with T-shirt design printing and color limitations would also be helpful.

I can be reached directly at donaldstone8@yahoo.com

I will pick from 1 to 3 artist to start with to help define the project.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    I may not even know what type of artwork I'm looking for till I see it
    The scariest words a freelance artist ever sees, and usually sends the experienced artists running. My suggestion is to really narrow down the look you are trying for, preferably with links to samples that capture the style/mood you want.

It's certainly ok to ask artists to present you with some options, but asking them to make blind stabs in the dark until they stumble upon something you like is asking for trouble.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wilson View Post
    It's certainly ok to ask artists to present you with some options, but asking them to make blind stabs in the dark until they stumble upon something you like is asking for trouble.
    I worked with this guy briefly a month or so back.... the best word to describe the experience was 'window-shopper'.

---
    http://tgnsd.com
    Steam = TGNSD

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.