for those of you who don't know scripts are a function in painter to record your painting process. it can then be shared or played back. unfortunately it is quite buggy and doesn't always record properly. here ill be posting some hints on how to avoid bugs to get you guys started. there is a section in the manual on scripts please read it before asking questions, it is only a few pages long and will explain most things better than anyone here.
here are some hints to avoid errors in your scripts.
1. only use default brushes
2. don't use any filters or effects
3. open your ref in another program if you are using one
4. complete the painting in one sitting
5. don't change the dimensions of the canvas after starting
6. do not play back the script straight after painting the image. close painter and make a copy of the image, as the script will save over the original file when it is played back if you made saves in it. sometime this happens and there are errors in the script causing a loss of the work.
7. there are ways to remove errors from scripts and i will talk about that in a later post.
8. as far as i know scripts are not compatible with an older version of painter than the version it was made with, there is a certain amount of backward compatibility, when posting post the version of painter you used also a requirement is to post a pic of the finished image from the script (any scripts posted without images will be removed)
so guys get sharing........
heres one i did last night. done in painter 11... for some reason the paint bucket fill at the start wont play back for me (does it work for you guys?)
i uploaded to this forum so it is a zip file unzip first then:
to load this script open the script window--> open script--> open library
then select the downloaded script and open
and lastly if you have any questions on scripts after reading the manual feel free to ask