Wacom Wish List

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Wacom Wish List

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb Wacom Wish List

Since we got a Painter one, I figure maybe people should be making a wishlist on what we'd like to see from Wacom.

1. Different friction and frictionless type sheets for the intuos4. Why it has taken over a year to solve the bickering over what seems like a simple solution is beyond me.

2. Better soldering for the USB ports on intuos4 and future models. I'm afraid to use my tablet now due to this issue.

3. Better Panel technology for the Cintiqs. I really would like to see better improvements in monitor tech from Wacom, the new Cintiq seems to have more of the same but with minor intuos4 upgrades? (Not that Express keys aren't nice to have but....you know...)

4. Wacom needs to come out or partner with someone to make portable slates. We seen this years ago but with the new slate craze, it looks like artists are left in the dust. Wacom coming out with slates that have 512-1024 levels of pressure sensitivity with another company will only make us happier. We won't be chucking our intuos away or Cintiqs due to the advanced features. It will bring in more people who will appreciate the Wacom name and quality. I'd hate to see competitors like Hanvon who is also using Electormagnetic induction tech on their pens find someone and just take over the market by adding their tech to a new slate.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fully editable pressure curve for both the nib and the eraser, like the old drivers but improved:

Wacom Wish List

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All I want out of wacom is a tablet PC sensor with tilt and rotation support.

It could have 128 levels of pressure sensitivity like the Art Z II for all I care, I just want more control dimensions.

Alternatively, a wireless Cintiq, but I'd rather just get an entire computer...

Paint more; you can never paint enough. Are you painting? No, you're browsing the internet, so paint more.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperfinite View Post
    All I want out of wacom is a tablet PC sensor with tilt and rotation support.

It could have 128 levels of pressure sensitivity like the Art Z II for all I care, I just want more control dimensions.

Alternatively, a wireless Cintiq, but I'd rather just get an entire computer...
    I forgot to add that on there when I was saying upping the pressure sensitivity. It would also be nice if it had per program shortcuts like the intuos and cintiq lines too. Maybe I don't want my switches to be right click in every program.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink

1. A warranty longer than a year
    2. Better display quality in the Cintiq range.
    3. Acknowledgment that discoloured pixels and not just dead pixels are a fault.
    4. Tools that don't cost at least 3 times as much as they should and still be profitable.
    5. Proper tablet driver with advanced settings for those of us that want more control.
    6. A UK phone support line that doesn't say "I'm sorry. This number is out of order".
    7. A decent software bundle with premium tablets that doesn't feel like a magazine giveaway of crippled trialware.
    8. Moderators on the Wacom forums to offer support and helpful advice instead of throwing tumbleweed.
    9. Competition so that Wacom start properly updating their products, support and prices.

That will do for now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustybucket View Post
    1. A warranty longer than a year
    How about two years, as stated on their website?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would like to see a more portable and affordable Cintiq option. The sheer portability advantage a tablet PC has over the 12 inch cintiq makes it really hard to even consider the 12 inch cintiq. I say they should make a 10 or 12 inch model, or something with the dimensions of an Ipad. But they should make it usb powered. Whats killing the 12 inch Cintiq is the mess of wires needed for it..which in my mind defeats the whole purpose of making it more portable in the first place. But if all it required was single USB connection, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Heck they could even throw in a battery into the thing, so it wouldn't kill the battery in the laptop its connected to. Even better if they priced it like an Ipad, A 10-inch Cintiq mini.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by joeparis View Post
    How about two years, as stated on their website?
    Research fail. It's actually 2 years for a tablet and 3 years for a Cintiq. That's what happens when you just read forums without checking your data. :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I want an intuos level tablet in terms of sensitivity and size without all the silly bells and whistles that they try to tack on every upgrade. Just give me a slate and let me use my keyboard for hotkeys like I've always done, and price it somewhere in between the bamboo and the Intuos line.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wacom TABLET PCCCCCCCCC!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Brashen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1. An app or technology to allow pressure sensitivity on the Ipad, or some portable tablet device allowing for drawing on the go.

2. A Wacom Cintiq driver that works better in Windows Vista. It keeps uninstalling itself every time the computer starts up.

3. The Cintiq screen to be truly scratch resistant (like the touch screen of a Nintendo DS). Scratches aren't noticeable until you feel them while painting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1. Gorilla Glass Screen.
    2. Native HDMI and/or Display port connections.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok
    I want a new technology !

semi-flexible surface with ton of micro sensors to capture any pressure of any size and form ( that may be your fingers, a real brush or a newly designed semi-flexible brush )

Well we still need specific hardware brush I think since we want to know where we are in the screen before apply the stroke.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would like to add to list is

- Wireless/Wired Hybrid. Charging when connected, wireless when needed.
    - Pen mode buttons on top, near eraser. To change pen behavior etc.
    - Pen Grips Accessories.
    - Drivers should have more options. There are just not enough settings according to price.
    - The Tablet itself should give pressure indication. May be 2 to 3 levels. This helps a lot on how much pressure you need to apply. Will help reduce nib wear.
    - scratch resistant Glass surface. Like the one used in iPhone 4

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    - More accuracy in the stroke. Still traditional pencil and paper gives too much better control (from an expert wacom user).This surely is related to the base technology, as is common to all wacoms.(going worse with smaller tablets, of course.)

- Perhaps lowered price in XL intuos tablets.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ditch the glossy smudge-magnet plastic on the Intuos4 and put a decent display in the Cintiqs. Agreed that stuck pixels should be considered a fault just like dead pixels.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    multi touch for the cintiq. so you can zoom/select tools with one hand and draw with the other.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1. Bring back the intuos3 surface!

2. A wireless option that isn't a joke: "less than 6 hours" for about 10hs of use and using their own dongle that occupies a USB port (bluetooth please?).

3. Also, a more reasonably priced Cintiq. Apple can make an entire computer with a 9.7" multitouch display for $500 and still make money. How can a 12" screen+tablet cost twice that? (actually, reading the specs the actual screen is 10.3")

"Great job guys! I love you. You're fired."

Sketchbook! Me vs Anatomy (and other things)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would really love for wacom to release a 16-17 inch cintiq....or at least finally update the 12wx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A Cintiq model right in between the 12WX and the new Touch 22HD, price wise, with better stylus tracking than the 12WX. You know, for the budget conscious.

Take me to your leader.
    - Noah: Journey of the Volunteer
    - Comics by Rono

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by rono View Post
    A Cintiq model right in between the 12WX and the new Touch 22HD, price wise, with better stylus tracking than the 12WX. You know, for the budget conscious.

Not only budget, but also for those who move around and can't exactly take 22 incher along. : P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    right now what I want from wacom is the ability to keep up with their own product. Do they even realize how much sales they lose by constantly not keeping up with inventory. They obviously need to expand to keep up with demand. Constantly having stores not have product to sell is not smart business.

they also need to stop removing product features as a way to raise profit margin. people like the touch wheel and touch strips. they should have not removed this from the wacom 13hd.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cintiq companion, but for less money.. would be nice..
    However.. I think Ill just save up.

Members who have read this thread: 50