Page 8 of 175 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 896 Posts
    Hmm, trying to get a picture on my sketchbook.
    ignore it if this doesn't work
    xD

Edit: Ah, found out how to now.

Last edited by Naidy; June 11th, 2010 at 10:32 PM.
    - Sketchbook - Society6 - Etsy
    Cheers
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    add this pic to your first post, as you did in your last post and then it should be done...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve G. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ah, thanks mate xD

Cheers

Thanks
    Good morning everyone!
    Back with two very quick things I did about 4am.
    The mad doodlings of a n00b
    I'll most likely be back with something more serious after I'm bored of writing. xD

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 925 Posts
    love the watercolor sketches. its amazing how a simple wash can really add loads of life to a simple drawing. what brand are you using?

cottman is a nice set by Winsor & Newton, you can get half pan sets for pretty cheap, even for a student.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JakehC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks lolbbq, I'm not sure what water colours I actually use, I'm a bit of a 'take what I can' sort, alot of my things from from my Mum or Gran and the brands or types vary. xD
    Watercolours are so good though, especialy for lazy people like me.

Winsor does ring a bell though, in future I shall look out for them.

Cheers

Thanks
    Your horse-like creature from the previous page looks amazing and so does the creature/character--I especially like the line quality, very clean and flowing....and was that a deer licking a man I saw on the other page....lol. Keep p doing figure studies, I want to see where your imaginative works will go.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MyioDeSopsia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey.

The colors on your watercolors look nice and fit together well.

The faces you draw look good, but you might want to try and make the skulls a bit bigger, or the faces smaller, other than that I think the faces have good character in them! To be honest, I think you have been progressing to the right direction with this also along the way, so, just keep at it as you are!

Keep up the good work!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lakka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    lady, you are getting better and better. Keep an eye on anatomy (there are some proportion problems). But overall, very nice sketchbook. Cheers!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ivan Turcin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Och, I can't believe how many comments I've been getting today, I kind of feel a bit guilty for not having done so much art today, I'll change that now though. Got tired of writing annnd I'm going to do a few studies.

Now for the replies! *cracks knuckles*

To MyioDeSopsia: Thank you very much! The horse was seriously fun to come up with, though I got a bit lazy with the colouring and shading. I need to spend more time on things.
    And yes, that was a man being licked by a deer. As to why it happened I can not say for sure.

To Lakka: Aha! Thank-you, I'm never quite happy with my watercolours though, I really know I can do better but I've been only doing quick washes of colour over biro lines on cheep paper, I'll start paintingwith my better stuff when I think I've gotten /good enough/ to use them again because I don't want to go wasting things. xD
    And I'll keep that in mind with faces, I've still got allot to learn on anatomy but I'll get there eventually. ;P

To Ivan: Thanks to you too!
    and yes, I've started to notice my anatomy problems soon after drawing them, I'm thinking I need to focus on shoulders, torsos, hips, faces, noses and chins.. Oh! And cheeck bones.

But like they say, they first step's admiting the problem then focusing on fixing it.

Well, thanks again for the support everyone, you guys really aren't as bad as Deviant art say, infact, you're all much more helpful.

Well, I'll stop rambling and get back to drawing, see you all when I have things to post!

Cheers

Thanks
    I adore your style! It's a perfect mixture of realism and anime, very very cool :3. I also love your watercolors! That media is IMPOSSIBLE for me to tame (so you're already admired for even TRYING) but the fact that you can do it quite well is just... Amazing.

Good luck!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nisshoku For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Och, thank you so much, Nisshoku! It's really weird, by day's been great today solely because so many people are being so nice to me, not just on conceptart either. Ah, watercolours are really simple to me, but I suppose it's because they're the first type of painting I got into.
    Acrylics are incredibly hard for me since I like to do things in one go, with watercolours you just splodge paint over your line art and you're done. Not really the propper way of doing it but it's quick xD

Speaking of which, I've done some watercolours an hour or so ago!
    But first is a biro doodle of my moth race, I've dubbed them the Ajani. They suffer many different mutations due to some unknown reason, from extra limbs to missing toes and fingers but their most common mutation is in pigment.
    Here's one born with piebald
    I actually love albinos and the like because they have such an interesting look about them, so I mean no offence to those that do have piebalds or albinism.

next two are paintings I did of people I know, as creatures.
    The centaur was going to be a joke- but I turned oddly serious when it came to doing it, 50 minutes later and it was this!

Second is a friend as a Ajani, but I messed her up.
    Actually had loads of fun doing both though. I'll keep up the anatomy practice too, because I gave her tiny tiny arms and hands which I didn't notice till I propped it up to take a photo. xD

Cheers

Thanks
    Naidy, your hard work is really paying off. Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook. You are an inspiration for me. I can't believe you joined CA last month!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kmoeini For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 175 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 144