Sketchbook: The mad doodlings of a n00b - Page 64

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2235
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very inspirational progress. You have a lovely style and a great imagination. Thanks for sharing it.

My Sketchbook - All are welcome
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to IntoTheVoid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh heavens above, WHERE DID ALL YOU INSIDIOUSLY KIND AND LOVELY PEOPLE COME FROM? DID MY GRAN BRIBE YOU ALL TO VISIT HERE?

Ach, christ. You lot are all lovely, seriously. Can't thank you enough for taking the time to offer your words of advice and praise, I'll try to get back to you all and return the favour!

Replies:
    Mirix: Christ, with the size of this sketchbook, you'd be crazy trying to scrawl through it all. And I'd feel guilty for putting you through that. xD And thank you! I'm glad that comic's gone nicely. I'm usually a big scaredy-cat when it comes to doing comics.
    And mirroring is a great way to improve compositions and, like you said, to see the mistakes in your figures.
    Also, no need to apologise, your English is better than mine by the looks of it! Cheers

Lav: Oh hey, you. Cheers for the kind words. I do believe I should study more male figures in the future ;P

Nodeerskulls: Ahahaaa! Good to hear, probably means I'm starting to get the hang of drawing lads!

theUNKNOWNsketcher: Cheers, you. Thanks for stopping by again!

Hu-ha: Oh you~ My nerdy pale complexion's burning red thanks to you. xD But thank you! And psht, you're making some decent progress yourself, little miss. Keep up the good work!

Krysjez: Ahhh yessss. The necromancer? I felt like I needed a change, since I'm tired of looking at my own sorry mug. And you're definitely right about the mouths, I've been woefully aware of my mouths fault since page 10 of this sketchbook. It's taking me SO LONNNNG to get a grip of them! So frustrating, but I won't stop trying. Cheers again!

DSiwek: Oh, man- I'm not sure what to say other than thank you! I need to get up to scratch with other mediums too, it'd be nice to get better at painting, too.

Narrenzauber: I have to admit the first time I read this I was flushed with pride and I feel the same way re-reading it today! ahaha, I really appreciate the kind words. I checked your sketchbook earlier and you're off to a great start here. It's always hard to take the first step on this site no matter how long you've been drawing before hand, but it does us all good in the long run. (I can vouch for this ahaha) Cheers again!

Vritra: Ahhh yes. Shoulders, necks, mouths, and proportions in general are my four biggest problems. I'll be sure to cram in more studies of these areas though, the frustration of getting them wrong so long is starting to over-ride my laziness. So no worries! It just gives me an excuse to draw more, which is never a bad thing, eh? Cheers again, mate. I appreciate the crits.

Kungfoowiz: Ah, thank you! I'm still a bit hit and miss with faces, but I love drawing them. Hopefully improvement will come with practice, eh? Cheers again!

Cheezah: You like my characters?! Ach! Thank you! And for the kind words too, I'm improving, definitely, but I still have a way while to go. Ahaha, but still. Cheers!

The_Flying_Dutchman: Hmm. "Mad doodlings of a young girl who is slowly improving to a state that is no longer considered n00b" doesn't quite have the same ring though. ;P

Mane: Ahaha, I do love to over-use that red. Cheers!

Sin eater: Cheers, mate! Ah, you know, I was thinking that arm was wrong when I posted it, but I couldn't figure what I'd done wrong. That makes sense now. I'm not too good at arms and have been figuring I need to study them more. I'll get to it!

Qlotzan: Cheers, mate and will do.

Lightship: Oh hey, you. Ah, it's so nice to hear! I always try to do my bit to steer out of a creative rut by varying myself up a bit! And I'm honoured to hear any of this silly sketchbook is of use. You're doing well yourself, mate. So keep up the good work!

Yochanan: Cheers, mate! You've made some pretty decent progress yourself! And this sketchbook's getting to be a monster. I've no idea how big this'll be by next year. xD

IntoTheVoid: Och- Cheers for the kind words, mate. Cheers for looking

Jeeeesus. That took me some time to write, fellers.
    Also; I'm a bit behind with coursework, or what I set myself out to do coursework-wise, so I might not be so fast to update. I won't let it be an excuse though. Sure enough I'll get some arm and mouth studies in here, in the very least.

Attached Images Attached Images
    - Sketchbook - Society6 - Etsy
    Cheers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

nice

nice sketchbook. i like the artsy styles of the traditional ones. the rough and soft shading. i think you appreciate some benefits of traditional media. you could practice on the heads tho. but who am i to tell.
    id like to see some more.
    +you (without the zombiewarpaint) look a lil like a girl i know. or its just the curls..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to panb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,521 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i thought i left a comment. saying it was strange and beautiful work. but i must have forgotten to push post.

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your sketches of hands and feets are looking great. This technique is very nice. I don't know why, but I have to think of figures out of glass, when looking at them. lol. I like the clear lines.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Narrenzauber For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great hands! is that done with drawing tablet or with a colour pen?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lav For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Cool pen studies =) What are you studying? =)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kungfoowiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    panb: Cheers, mate! For the kind words, and the much needed crits. I've started practicing more heads, keeping an eye out for my facial proportions and mouths, but it'll be a while yet till I'm allright with them.
    And I look like a kid you know? ahaha. I've just got one of those 'young' looking faces. I still get people asking for my ID when I buy an energy drink.
    Kendall: Cheers, mate. And it's no problem. I'm sure I do the same thing often myself. Reminds me I need to check on your updates. Thanks again!
    Narrenzauber: Ah, now that's an interesting thought! It was fun sketching in pen, I ought to do it more often, makes me think about my lines more. Anyway, Cheers, mate.
    Lav: Just coloured pens I ought to use my tablet more often though, saddly the thing's acting up a bit. I need to fix it up before I do anything digital again.
    Kungfoowiz: Ah, thank you! And I'm just studying art at the college, I'll be doing an illustration course in uni next year, provided I don't fuck something up grand like this year. Cheers again!

Weeelllllll. I got some more studies done, oh, and some face/body doodles. Not much else other than that, I'm afraid.

Cheers

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! Long time no comment!

I love your animal studies, especially that horses' eye. Beautiful lines! Also that monkey is so cute. :3

However your figures sometimes look a little ... noodley? That fluidity is good usually but occasionally it keeps your figures from having weight and stability. Your faces don't have the same problem, I assume because you've got a grasp of the planes. So, maybe try some studies of the planes of the rest of the body? I sometimes try and think of it as if I'm shaping figures out of stone, not outlining them on paper. It helps!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Clur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Clur: Hey, mate. Yeah, my figures have gone back to being noodly. It's definitely because I've not kept with my studies as I should have. I'll iron out that habit again in a month or two, it's a damn shame when I let myself slide back into old habits, but atleast I'm aware of it so I can redeem myself.

Cheers

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your drawing move to the professional steps . Do some painting

keep it up my friend

qlotzan

23. The Following User Says Thank You to qlotzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,521 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    you must get tired of me saying this, but its charming work, dont ever stop.

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    naids your lines 1925-1 asdflkj (in a good way)
    1923 - fur is so hard to draw > : ( keep practicing!

Sketchbook

NaidyBlack SpotEyestrainVK

“This is [...] where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares.” --Jason Rainville

27. The Following User Says Thank You to krysjez For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    qlotzan: Yeah, I've been sticking to the pencils a bit too long. I'll break out the watercolours some time this week. Hopefully.
    Kendall: Couldn't stop if I tried, mate. Cheers.
    krysjez: Cheers, mate!

Guuhhhhh. Conceptart's attatchment manager is YET AGAIN hating on me.
    I'll try again later then.

Last edited by Naidy; April 22nd, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Back to posting.

Last edited by Naidy; April 22nd, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last two figure studies and the first drawing in #1925 are freaking beautiful, I... wow.

sketchbook
    facebook | tumblr | art hangouts! (get your friendly ol' bum over here and get arting with us!)

"[...]as we gain facility of hand and travel further afield, we discover that we have a key to unlock the wonders of art and nature, a method of conjuring up forms at will: a sensitive language capable of recording and revealing impressions and beauties of form and structure hidden from the careless eye[...]"
    -Walter Crane, 'Line & Form'

31. The Following User Says Thank You to the-muddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Naidy you are amazing !

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Shad- For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lovely short poses Naidy. Have you tried using watercolour in the same approach? Would be really nice.

chris

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Mane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your figure work is getting really good gj

Painting depends on your state of mind and everything affects your state of mind. Use music, food, your workspace, your relationships and your intention to your advantage. Create an ecosystem of creativity for yourself.

[...] what concerns us here is not imagination itself, but rather creative imagination; the faculty that helps us pass from the level of conception to the level of realization.
    - Igor Stravinsky, The Poetics of Music

37. The Following User Says Thank You to aks9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *Blows dust off sketchbook*
    Chriiist. How'd I forget to update this for so long?
    My apologies, everyone. I've been up to my neck in IRL activities.

Iristhevirus: Aahaha, thank you! When I stop being behind schedual on my coursework, I'll definitely start doing more figure studies. I miss them pretty bad.
    Shad-: Ah! Thank you!
    Mane: I have before, but it's been a way while back, I should really do so again because I'm really gotten rusty with watercolours.
    aks9: Cheers, mate!

Oh, oh! I won an award last night. Never won anything before. Apparently I'm the "Best art and design student" this year. And I got a thirty pound check to cash in. I'm well on the way to stardom, my friends.

That said. I need to finish a 20 page comic for FMP. God knows if I'll survive such a work load, but I assigned myself this task so I'll bloody well do my best.

Cheers

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've got some very creative designs going on there Keep up the great work!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Lav For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congratulations on the award!

I'm excited to see that comic finished, looks like fun so far! I love the soft colours particularily.

(Also aaaaaa you are reminding me that I need to work harderrrrr)

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Clur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats on your award! It's clearly well deserved
    The comic is also looking pretty kick-ass.

I could (easily) be wrong on this one, but I'm thinking some of your characters could use a bit more back skull. Awesome designs either way

My Sketchbook - All are welcome

45. The Following User Says Thank You to IntoTheVoid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lav: Cheers mate! I consider this even more a compliment considering how creative you are. Reminds me I need to creep up on your sketchbook again.
    Clur: Aw thanks mate. I'm doing my best to try and tackle this beast as fast as possible (really short time scale to finish this) Today I've paneled up to page ten, and done the flat colours for two more pages. Hopefully I can get this done.
    Void: Ah, thank you! Ahaha, I tend to veer between giving people too much skull and too little. I'll try to keep an eye on that. Cheers!

Oh conceptart, you massive shit head. I knew you'd bugger up my uploads again. Knew it.
    I'll put the rest up inthe morning.
    Edit: Never mind. Got it working finally.

I need to work on legs and feet so badlly, GOOD THING THOUGH THAT MY COMIC DOESN'T INVOLVE HUMAN LEGS. TAKE THAT, ANATOMY.

Last edited by Naidy; May 20th, 2012 at 06:35 PM.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahaha, I see your game, CA. Only let me post the very worst of my sketch bundles.

Ahaha.
    Aha.
    Hah.
    Okay, you win this time. I'll peg them on later.

Edit: Just oneeee mooreeee, CA. You can do this.
    YESSSSSS

Last edited by Naidy; May 28th, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've looked through your entire sketchbook (yes, every page) and the progress you've made is wonderful. Love your style.

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Nxxrify For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nxxrify: Ah, I feel so bad for not responding sooner, I've been up to my neck in an art project, but that's no excuse to leave such lovely comments unatended. I went and checked up on your sketchbook and you got some lovely things coming along. Keep up the good work, mate.

Sooo, you've all seen some of these pages before, I just thought I'd post them all together so I can look at them and weep at their declining quality and how jumbled everything is. I'm on such a tight schedual, need 20 pages done and dusted, along with a cover, and a script by three days after TT week? I'm frankly shitting myself.

I actually have lots of sketches and all that too, but I'll post them later. Cheers, everyone.

Last edited by Naidy; June 7th, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sorry I neglected your lovely Sbs for a while.
    Congrats on your award
    I like your comic a lot, especially the glorious start, that's the most detailed and tidy. Lovely colors and style and everything.
    (I always loved good and pretty comics and I would need a not very tidy miracle to draw even a short one, it must be extremely much work, to do everything well...)

52. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

oh oh oh!

so happy I just chose to browse the sketchbook section for some new threads and found your sketchbook :)
    man your method is similar to mine it seems to me. same way of working it seems. the balance between intuition and technique?... maybe.

loving the faun theme of late. if I browse through all your pages I won't get to bed in time but look forward to and to further updates on that comic.
    makes me think I should get back to my theriantropic themes too :)

keep it up. loving your stuff!

ca | pn | cd | zbc | as | tumblr | fb

54. The Following User Says Thank You to nim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shiNIN: Tch, sorry I've neglected yours! I really must pay it a visit after I get all this coursework aside. Once all this stuff is under control I'll be getting right back into being propperly part of CA again. And thank you for the kind words! Ideally, I'd have everything nice and painterly, but I've been so short of time the quality dips and dips. Atleast I am getting a better understanding of digital, so I'm getting a little faster, perhaps quality can catch up again.
    And I can understand comics being hard, I made myself do a comic entirely for the reason I am terrible at them. Always too scared to actually start one, so I challenged myself to do this.

Nim: Ah! What a surprise to see you on my sketchbook! Without sounding too creepy, I'm a real fan of your work. Really impressive line work, pluss I love those avian people you're working on. And you're right on with the technique. I'm always on that balance between experimenting and keeping to the foundations of what I'm trying to learn. Cheers for the comment! I need to repay the favour when I've had some sleep.

Thanks again you guys. I'm so looking forward to finishing this project.

Cheers

Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 266