Page 64 of 176 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 114 164 ... LastLast

Thread: The mad doodlings of a n00b

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 896 Posts
    Fun fact: this painting is actually of me as a guy, If I was born a guy I would've been called Callum Mckeefry ... Though, it should be much paler.. pailer? payler?... DYSLEXIC MOMENT AAAAA

urgh.
    Anyways.

ShiNIN: Aha, I'mk glad you like it. xD I gave the woman some wings, but I haven't sorted them out enough to warrant taking another photo.
    - Sketchbook - Society6 - Etsy
    Cheers
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The last picture is beautiful! The eyes and the colouring are amazing, keep it up. The dead guy in #835 reminds me of Wesker from Resi Evil, also about the
    she's /very/ drunk
    did you ever see that episode of One Tree Hill or something where some dude drugs this girl and is straddling over her when her friend busts in. Yeah, cause his excuse is "SHE IS VERY DRUNK!". I dunno but it just reminds me of that lol.
    "How'd you like them apples?"

->Sketchbook <-

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dsacc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,521 Times in 2,459 Posts
    mmmm, tasteful, nice, good work
    i really like green face and orange face
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    that last painting is great! I love freckles ^_^
    Reading the notes you leave yourself is fun. I used to do that more but my life drawing teacher beat it out of me.
    There's so much experimentation in your thread it's fun to travel through it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhubix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Haven't been feeling too well lately, but I have an update atleast. All non-reff stuff because I'm letting myself have a day of anatomically inaccurate treats. Working on my final pieces again too, hoping I can finish the buggers before the day ends.

replies:

dsacc: Aha, thanks mate. xD I keep looking at that eye and noticing the lines are wonky. I'll have to fix that, but I'm glad you like it.
    And oh god, I think I might have seen that! I can see why it relates

Velocity Kendall: Thank you! I did those faces spontaniously when I found a bit of scrap paper. I'm not good with pastels at all, but I'm hoping I'll get the hang of them if I use them more.

Rhubix: Ahh, I used to put notes on my life drawings too e.g "Lines too heavy, go easy on the charcoal next time" and she'd told me off for that, I can see why, but on the stuff I do in my own time they're covered in notes. xD

Edit:I could really do with some harsh crits on the two pencil things *the monkey one, and the minotaur* So far I know the background in the monkey one is lopsided, and as always there's a problem with hands. Anything else you can pick on would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Edit Edit: Tore up the minotaur one, so just crit the monkey one, please.
    Last edited by Naidy; February 1st, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Cheers

Thanks
    It's a fact, I see improvement since i'v been here last. High five!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lang Oulk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Love your work. Very experimental and you're showing great progress. I'll have to keep an eye out for you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to YoungBuddha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    really hard work

keep it up

qlotzan

15. The Following User Says Thank You to qlotzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm really hoping I feel better soon because I hate feeling so restless/weak/sick etc.

Anyways, onto replies.

Lang: Hey, thanks mate. Here's hoping I can nail torsos, arms, and profiles soon. That's my next target.

Leroy Oosterling: Thank you very much! I used to be terrible for experimentation (all I did was watercolours and the same sorts of subjects). Really nice to hear you like my stuff, I'll check out yourscketchbook too when I have the time. Thanks again.

Qlotzan: Thanks as always. I'll try to keep working.

__________________________________________________ _________

I have an interesting story about the dead guy here. I had a dream last night I was part of a crew sent in to investigate the wreckage of a ship upon the rocky harbour a little outside of town. When we went in, we discovered that everyone on the boat was dead (big surprise there) but, when we did a bit more digging, we soon discovered there was a laboratory on the lower deck too. Like a mobile lab, seems like the people on the higher decks were scientists under the guise of rich people enjoying a cruise, whilst they were conducting heinous crimes of science. E.g abducting illegal immigrants/prostitutes/the homeless and torturing them with chemicals, in order to further perfect chemical warfare.

In the end, we found out that some member of the crew had gone renegade and in a bid to put a stop to what they were doing, had switched the air tanks in the suits of the torturers with the very chemicals they were poisining people with, corroding the soft tissues of their sinuses and generally causing unbelievable pain before they died. The chemicals also had the side effect of causing zombies, so whilst trying to uncover what was going on, I was also fighting zombies. The people who died this way were dubbed 'the yellow men' because the chemicals also tinted the skin this ochre yellow.
    I love getting dreams like that.

Now I'm going to ruin the seriousness of that with a picture of Aisling dressed like sailor moon.
    Last edited by Naidy; February 2nd, 2011 at 12:38 PM.
    Cheers

Thanks
    hello again!
    Nice progress here since I last stopped by, loving the watercolours as always. Especially the last portrait, in post 837 I think, of you if you were a guy or something. Love it
    By the way, when you do acrylics, do you paint a "foundation" layer first? Was taught that in a workshop, the teacher told me to do a very thin wash of any colour (watered down acrylic). But I actually just do a white one. For me it helps if the canvas is too "toothy" for me for what I want to do with it, makes it smoother. I sometimes get frustrated because the paint doesn't cover the canvas properly and I have to keep painting layers upon layers. XD (<< might be doing it wrong.)
    Anywaayy... keep it up
    Insanity is the key!
    Also, studies are a key. And passion is a key. Also, so are inspiration, motivation and dedication. Talent can be a key. Insomnia can also be a key, depression is a sad rusty little key. Damn, artists need one hell of a keyring.

Current Sketchbook

My little webspace

My Old CA Sketchbook

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Aila For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Naidy! I love the sadness in some of your imagery. The expressions are great! It's inspiring, I focus too much on ideas and narrative lately. I like the faun creature on this page, reminds me of the greek god pan.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jon norton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Naidy, way to always push yourself! Your compositions keep getting more and more dynamic
    SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

"Only put off till tomorrow, what you are willing to die left undone." -Pablo Picasso

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwigarbage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Replies:

Aila: 'Ello, 'ello! Thank you! And on acrylics, I've heard about doing foundation layers, I really should go about doing that, since I don't really plan out ANYTHING I do. It'd be a good excuse to excersize some patience on my part. xD

Jon: Och, thank you very much! I'm really quite flattered, anyways, I do love faun like creatures, their legs and ears are always fun to draw, I'm glad you find my stuff interesting.

Kiwi: Aha, thanks mate! I've been slowly reading up about composition, hopefully I'll get more of an understanding on how to improve that. xD

Got my new art questions today, decided to pick 'figures in groups' and now I'm looking at the delicious art of the renaissance/high renaissance. And they happened to have been propperly into composition and other things so hopefully by swatting up on them I'll be able to improve my foundations too- like killing two birds with one stone. Yeahhhhh 8)
    Cheers

Page 64 of 176 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 114 164 ... LastLast