Page 59 of 153 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,810 Times in 2,528 Posts

Wow, nice legs there in #883,
    and sweet faces in #885.
    (Render out the hair more with pencils, will
    worth the time)
    Is that a beer can on the table?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 896 Posts
    Sulphur: Replies on mine or yours are fine, I honestly don't mind either way. I tend to answer things on my own sketchbook, so you're welcome to do the same for mine.
    Annd
    I actually had no idea who Emma Tooth was- INSTANT CRIT! I have to thank you for the link. xD Near the sea aye? I live on a smallish island, so the sea's pretty much everywhere, but it's a very green place too- a bit more rural than England. xD

Loki: Oh! I used to do them scribble things with my friend to make up zombies I would be interesting to apply them to full figures rather than 'just heads' as I usually do. Anyways, your comments are always so helpful thanks for the feedback mate, I'll do my best to follow your advice as best I can.

kiwigarbage: Aha, thank you! I'm surprised anyone likes them, it was just a rushed selfportrait. xD

krysjez: Foriegn languages AND economics? You poor girl! ;A; I'm terrible at both things.
    Anyways, thank you very much. xD

LtPlissken: Why thank you, and you're right- i've been rather lazy with hair lately.
    And no, that's a can of energy drink called relentless. I don't drink alcohol at all. xD

Well, just a small update, but I managed to draw two of my friends during today. Going to do some studies for my art coursework soon too, so I'll upload them some time later. Cheers for the help everyone!

Targets: Faces, hair, rendering,
    arms/legs
    Last edited by Naidy; February 8th, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
    - Sketchbook - Society6 - Etsy
    Cheers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    Oh I'm not such a good OC owner, I don't even count them but I do plan to draw my favourites again, I'm more skilled now. They gave me so much and I'm sure drawing them would motivate me. Studies are fine and dandy, sometimes, but if I draw a character with feelings in me... mmmm... I'm an idiot not to do that

Maybe you know that about me already but I have a thing for nice pencil sketches... I can imagine there are people who consider them a good start at the best case but I love them for themselves Those portraits are lovely.
    The left face in #878 had such a nice irritated look. (It seems you liked it less.)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

donalfall is offline The Cat's Deputy (POW! Moderator)
    donalfall (at) gmail.com
    Thanks
    Everyone else is saying it, but truism are so because they're true - those faces are great! I really like how you handle the hair in particular.
    P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

9. The Following User Says Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Just sailing through the days now. C:
    Lots of homework, but I still managed to get some drawings done, most of these are drawings from the top of my head though. xD

shiNIN: Well, we all have our faverate oc's xD and I always think it's allright to draw things for fancy as long as you keep your last studies in mind. But then again, I don't study enough so I'm a terrible example. lol

Donalfall: Hey, thanks mate! You're way too kind. xD

So, this is it for now, but I'll probably have more up once I finish my psychology homework- which is making a poster about a famous/infamous schizophrenic of my choice.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,810 Times in 2,528 Posts

Hey there you little hyperactive creature.
    I feel so down this week, but your lively drawings
    cheer me up a bit.
    Thank you for sharing them.
    Good luck with your psychology studies, maybe
    you will be able to help me when I get to madhouse.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ... you really are mad.
    -><-My sketchbook. Please, if you have time, crit as if your life depended on it.
    Or maybe check out my friends, they deserve it more.
    DeterminedAnimator | Naidy | Kalin | Leo_7 | saltfox | DanielsK5 | Lunatic Hermit
    Drawing group:
    "The fate of us all lies deep in the dark when time stands still at the Iron Hill."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jouzinka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Plissken: Ahh I may be hyperactive but I also have an early bedtime, it's almost 11 and I'm shattered. xD
    But I'm glad to hear you're cheering up a little, I had a feeling you might have been in a bit down since you aren't updating half as much. Hope this brightening mood means you might feel in the mood for drawing soon.

Jouzinka: Ohohoho, got to stay true to the title. xD

Also, think my camera's broken. The screen remains blank whilst I take photos so I can't see what they look like until I upload them. Not good, not good. But as long as it keeps working, I can keep updating.

Cheers for the feedback as always everyone. Bringing my anatomy book to school tommorow, so hopefully my anatomy won't look so rusty tommorow.
    'Night everyone.
    Cheers

Thanks
    The mad doodlings of a n00b
    You know what? I decided I love this one. Just because something isn't perfect doesn't mean it's not beautiful in its own right.
    -><-My sketchbook. Please, if you have time, crit as if your life depended on it.
    Or maybe check out my friends, they deserve it more.
    DeterminedAnimator | Naidy | Kalin | Leo_7 | saltfox | DanielsK5 | Lunatic Hermit
    Drawing group:
    "The fate of us all lies deep in the dark when time stands still at the Iron Hill."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jouzinka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    keep focus on details and move your hand slowly on the artwork to make it better

the last idea very interesting just redraw it again but now with focus on the
    details and anatomy of the body try to check mammy structure on google,
    it's really helpful with your issue .

keep it up my friend

Qlotzan

19. The Following User Says Thank You to qlotzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nice work so far. With regard to your sketchbook, try working on bigger paper, so you don't run out of room, that tends to cramp one's work. Find a big sheet and maybe start small, then allow the piece to grow organically. I often worked on A3 sheets, but did a bunch of small drawings, but always had the option of having something grow when it needed to.

Keep posting!

H

21. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Flying_Dutchman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ah sorry guys, I know my stuffs been dipping in quality lately, I'll do my best to put a stop to that as soon as possible.

replies

Jouzinka:Aha thanks mate, though I know I can do a MUCH better job of that, it's just that I was feeling anxious to draw before I went to bed. xD

Qlotzan: ... Mammy? Is that similar to mammarys? Because either way, I know my female anatomy is a little off in my drawings xD. I'll try to squeeze in some anatomy studies later.

Flying Dutchman: Ahh, that's a good idea, though I can't fit A3 paper in my school bag. :C I have plenty of time to do that at home though, so I have no excuse not to try it out. xD Cheers for the feedback!
    Cheers

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oh wow! Huge improvement! :o
    Your faces are getting better and better, and your understanding of form also took a big leap forward!
    All i can say is: MOAR!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to timdegro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Heh, you posted on my sketchbook just as I was looking through yours. Weird!

Anyway... You've got quite a unique style going here. It's very apparent that you're working hard on anatomy and you're really getting the facial structure down in terms of tone.

I really like the green figure study on post 794 and, more recently, the pair of faces on post 878!
    Please come take a look at my sketchbook!! Figure drawings, still lives and oil painting studies! Constructive criticism always welcome! New content added:

27. The Following User Says Thank You to xiola For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Timdegro: Och, thank you! I'm glad you see an improvement, form's one of my greatest weaknesses. xD

Xiola: Ahh, a strange coincidence indeed! But you have some good stuff so far, it was a pleasure looking through it.
    Annnd thank you so much for the pleasant words, I know the 790's are fair bit back my sketchbook, so I'm flattered you took the time to rummage through. xD
    I'll be sure to keep an eye on you too, so keep up the good work!

Been a relatively good day today, managed to get some Da Vinci studies done, even though I had three loud guys scrambling over the table whilst playing a competitive version of 'where's wally' in the library.
    Cheers

Page 59 of 153 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 109 ... LastLast