Page 39 of 176 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Thread: The mad doodlings of a n00b

Thanks
    All I can say is keep at it with the observational drawings. Pay close attention to the proportions of the face and memorize hwat you've learned. It'll certainly pay off in your imaginative stuff. And yeah, huzzah for glasses! ...I think. I got some for the first time yesterday.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slothboy3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 896 Posts
    I have most definently been looking foward to this weekend, I'll spend it almost entirely on art coursework/writing/sleeping
    YEAH

I have an update too, nothing serious I'm afraid.
    But first I'll do replies:
    Equilerex: Yeah, I noticed I kept making the faces a little off, just means I need to practice shading faces/paying attention to what I'm drawing more. I'll try to work on that. Thanks for the crit, mate.

Silwynar: People who wear glasses are pretty awesome! Anyways, Thanks mate.

Qlotzan: Ahaha, thanks mate. And will do!

Hücumkedi: :cool:

Justyna: Thank you! And you're right, I definently intend to do some anatomy studies this weekend, particularly on those bloody torsos. And hips. I'm targetting the main problem areas. xD

Slothboy: You're totally right mate, and I'll do my very best to strive on and do that. Though observational drawings are SO PAINFUL TO DO-AAAAAGGGGHH- But I'll get into the habit of it, I know how usefull they can be so it's foolish to not do them right?

Bethany: Ah, I've noticed I go a little overboard with back-shading. I'll try to keep myself from doing that next time, thanks for the heads up.

If you look closely in my update, you notice that I have the hands of a five year old. Some of the pics are also done via the game consiquences, so on the 5th/6th me and a mate took turns drawing the head/torso/legs.

Yeah, that's it for now!
    - Sketchbook - Society6 - Etsy
    Cheers

Thanks
    Naidddyyyy, Wow, the first two look really nice, reminds me of russian illustrator, too bad i forgot his name Imo, you do very nice with the deformation here.What do u study atm btw?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    nice update! i like the line weighs.. theire not that strong but surely make a point. And the dog is well shaded, i bet it will look great when finished!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to equilerex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hello hello! Turns out I've been doing more writing than drawing today, but I have done some stuff and will be doing some Loomis later at 7 or something.

Justas: Thank you! Shame you don't know the name of that illustrator, you've sparked my curiosity now. xD
    I'm just doing my A levels currently, but I'm hoping to do art foundation next year at the collage.

Equilerex: Thank you! Getting out of the habit of making feathery lines is proving to be really rewarding. And I only doodled that dog thing whilst I was nodding off in my free, but I will finish it if you want.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Woah, forgot to clarify that coloured pic on the left is an old character I'm revamping.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Some doodles before I have a bath and later force myself to do an observational drawing of my table or something.
    This time I'll make myself do an hour.
    Or 50 minutes.
    Or 45...
    Cheers

Thanks
    Okay it's apparent that I have a weak will when it comes to Observational drawings.
    I'll try to do longer next time.
    Cheers

turtlecracker is offline Just hatched, going for the water now. Oh no! Seagulls! D8
    Thanks
    Observational drawings are something that I think probably takes a lot of work to get into. Personally, it feels like I have to fight to keep my brain from getting bored and get distracted by something shiny on the floor, and just keep on drawing. Perhaps it has something to do with what I read in Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, and there's some kind of adjustment that needs to be worked up to to be able to focus better?

Anyway, I really like the lines in your drawings, and I have to say that the clown-face drawing in post #503 scared the crap out of me when I scrolled down. XD;
    If you can't catch a wave, then you're never gonna ride it.
    My sketchbook

14. The Following User Says Thank You to turtlecracker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Aha, And I'm back AGAIN, I'm sure this is about the 5th time I've posted today. Bordering on spamming, sorry about that everyone. xD

Turtlecracker: Oh, I've read that book too! My Gran has it, but yes, I believe I'll beable to 'get into' still life is I keep it up.
    And sorry about the whole -creepy clowns thing- I should have a warning that says MAY INCLUDE CLOWNS AND ZOMBIES in the title. xD

I think to curb my constant stream of updates, I'll only update when I have 6 pictures. That'll slow me down. xD
    Cheers

Thanks
    Oh god, is that Earthworm Jim? I think I remember that show being creepy as hell

Keep up the observational stuff, its boring sometimes but it pays off! Even if you have to be like me and find a cool animal photo or something to copy instead of drawing from dreary real life, its worth the effort

And ooooh have you got the latest WoW Model Viewer? I've already created my female gobbo I remember you saying you were looking forward to yours so I figured if you are as nerdy as me you'd enjoy it

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sulphur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EarthWorm Jim, along with Batman and Link are my all time heroes. I thought he was awesome. xD

And damn, I'm jealous! I haven't played WoW for ages, since I get reallllllyyyy baddly addicted (20 hour gaming sessions, anyone?) But doesn't stop me loving those new goblins/MALE worgs.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Yeah, I love EarthWorm Jim!
    This -> link is REALLY nice!
    And this -> link ... well, if you want to learn an Italian word: the stuff pushed out from the nose like bullets is named caccole.
    Ahahaha, ok, you know I like your sb a lot!
    My Sketchbook HERE
    My Blog HERE

20. The Following User Says Thank You to insanelight For This Useful Post:

Page 39 of 176 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 139 ... LastLast