Paris Museum's Paintings Looted
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Paris Museum's Paintings Looted

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Paris Museum's Paintings Looted

Hey CA!

Just read this in the paper this morning and thought I'd share it with you all. The Paris Museum of Modern Art was looted just a day ago. The paper article I read " A broken alarm system made it easy for a masked intruder to clip a padlock, smash a window and steal a Picasso, a Matisse and three other masterpieces from a Paris museum Thursday, an estimated $123 million haul that is one of the world's biggest art heists." The looters are still at large with the stolen works and interpol is hot on the trail. The museum had spent 2 years and $18 million on a new security system but were waiting for some new parts so the alarm system had been broken since march. They suspect the whole heist took about 15 minutes and the 3 night security guards did not see a thing. Makes me think it was some sort of inside job. Anyway just wanted to share this ridiculousness with you all.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Probably not an inside job. If you read about some famous art heist, you'll realize how ridiculously easy it is.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been there a few times, there are guards but it would be easy to get away there once you stole it, there's a road to get away fast. Trying that in the Louvre would be hard. I think the museum is in a bad spot.

They should start putting these in banks if they're too stupid to secure them. Another sad day.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.